• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

I want to be Taoiseach

LeDroit

Having examined the who, what and why of our present circumstances I have come to this realisation. I want to become Taoiseach. There is a difficulty, however.

To become Taoiseach is not as easy as it is to become the President of the United States. This requires a supreme effort, obviously. But it is an effort dependent on you and yours. It can be an effort of relatively short duration and is informed by a knowledge of electoral strategy not necessarily the graft of service to the party machine or putting in the apprenticeship hours. Look at young Barack.

As such, having decide I want to be Taoiseach without having to spend 35 years in the Dail, I'd like your advice on the quickest, most economical way of ENSURING I become Taoiseach.

Northsideman

Having examined the who, what and why of our present circumstances I have come to this realisation. I want to become Taoiseach. There is a difficulty, however.

To become Taoiseach is not as easy as it is to become the President of the United States. This requires a supreme effort, obviously. But it is an effort dependent on you and yours. It can be an effort of relatively short duration and is informed by a knowledge of electoral strategy not necessarily the graft of service to the party machine or putting in the apprenticeship hours. Look at young Barack.

As such, having decide I want to be Taoiseach without having to spend 35 years in the Dail, I'd like your advice on the quickest, most economical way of ENSURING I become Taoiseach.
You should write to RTE and request a two way debate with FutureTaoiseach.

LeDroit

Northsideman said:
You should write to RTE and request a two way debate with FutureTaoiseach.
My straightness immediately offers me an advantage over his gayness so I'm ahead already. This is getting easier by the step.

Northsideman

My straightness immediately offers me an advantage over his gayness so I'm ahead already. This is getting easier by the step.
You might be able to provide useful advice for a possible presidential debate!

Cormac O Conachur

Storm the Dail, fire a few shots into the cieling and tell them you are taking over. If the Ceann Comhairle says that your actions are not in the order of business get Paul Gogarty to tell him to Feck Off. Send some of your pals to the Television and radio stations to tell them who you are and what you are about, appoint Joe Duffy as your Minister for Propoganda. Promise the guards and the army you'll reverse the pay cuts and you'll have them eating out of your hand, put PJ Stone in charge of both. Seal the airports, this can be done with one call to Michael O Leary, and promise that you'll hand him the County's Only Air Fleet License. He can shoot any DAA exec on site.

Tell the EU to Feck Off, or better again get your new Minister for Austerity to tell them. Let Eddie Hobbs and David McWilliams fight to the death for the privelage of this role. My money would be on Hobbs as the Cork Lads don't fight fair.

If you can, have an All Ireland Medal to your name or got past a few episodes of the All Ireland Talent contest before you make your move, and your halfway there.

Sounds like a plan to me.

LeDroit

Cormac O Conachur said:
Storm the Dail, fire a few shots into the cieling and tell them you are taking over. If the Ceann Comhairle says that your actions are not in the order of business get Paul Gogarty to tell him to Feck Off. Send some of your pals to the Television and radio stations to tell them who you are and what you are about, appoint Joe Duffy as your Minister for Propoganda. Promise the guards and the army you'll reverse the pay cuts and you'll have them eating out of your hand, put PJ Stone in charge of both. Seal the airports, this can be done with one call to Michael O Leary, and promise that you'll hand him the County's Only Air Fleet License. He can shoot any DAA exec on site.

Tell the EU to Feck Off, or better again get your new Minister for Austerity to tell them. Let Eddie Hobbs and David McWilliams fight to the death for the privelage of this role. My money would be on Hobbs as the Cork Lads don't fight fair.

If you can, have an All Ireland Medal to your name or got past a few episodes of the All Ireland Talent contest before you make your move, and your halfway there.

You've mentioned my entire fantasy front bench!

TommyO'Brien

Shouldn't this have been posted in the humour section? Or have you forgotten to take your prozac again?

Oreo Livermore

I am with you LeDroit.

Just carry a big picture of Enda Kenny and you are ahead of the game from the start.

'orebel

We've all witnessed worse plans executed. And no-ones complaing.

'orebel

firinne

Can I be Tánaiste? My name isn't Mary and I'm much better looking than Lucinda.

idle tim

If dail attendance records are anything to go by,you wont meet much resistance.

idle tim

Hmmm. There's a problem here. I want to be Taoiseach too.

I suggest a vote !
Two Taoiseachs thats not a problem,sure there was have been at least 4 Berties on the go,it would be humanly impossible for one man to be in so many places at the same time.A case of clonieism as opposed cronyism me thinks.

SideysGhost

:lol:

I think it says a lot about the state of Ireland today when a bit of satire like this is actually a much more sane and plausible alternative than either the current Government or their spineless tame Opposition :eek:

LeDroit

Firstly, a couple of apologies. I'd clearly had a few last night to even start this post and it should have gone into 'Humour'.

However, now that the eggs are broken, sure let's make an omelette. Obama came from no where by virtue of America's electoral system. He could be directly elected by the people. That's not possible in Ireland. Constitutionally speaking, the Taoiseach must be a member of Dail Eireann, ie a TD, and be elected by the Dail with a majority of fellow TDs support.

So, if I or anyone else, FT, want to become Taoiseach quickly, the first thing to accomplish is election to the Dail. Then a strategy would be needed to gain a majority of fellow TDs to vote for you. We know the tradition; you arse about for a while in a local party structure. Eventually you run for the council. After a while there, and with alot of arse licking, you get put on the ticket for a GE with an incumbant. After a couple of goes you get in. You're late thirties, early forties. You then spend approx 10 years making your way up the greasy pole to become leader.

Now, my question is, is there another way? A quicker way? A way that leaves me with some energy and originality by the time I get there? Bear in mind, I am currently nota councillor, TD or in fact a member of any party. There are some evil geniuses on this site, so I'm looking for my Karl Rove or David Axelrod.

myksav

Dayum, A coherent plan. :shock:

Oreo Livermore

Firstly, a couple of apologies. I'd clearly had a few last night to even start this post and it should have gone into 'Humour'.

However, now that the eggs are broken, sure let's make an omelette. Obama came from no where by virtue of America's electoral system. He could be directly elected by the people. That's not possible in Ireland. Constitutionally speaking, the Taoiseach must be a member of Dail Eireann, ie a TD, and be elected by the Dail with a majority of fellow TDs support.

So, if I or anyone else, FT, want to become Taoiseach quickly, the first thing to accomplish is election to the Dail. Then a strategy would be needed to gain a majority of fellow TDs to vote for you. We know the tradition; you arse about for a while in a local party structure. Eventually you run for the council. After a while there, and with alot of arse licking, you get put on the ticket for a GE with an incumbant. After a couple of goes you get in. You're late thirties, early forties. You then spend approx 10 years making your way up the greasy pole to become leader.

Now, my question is, is there another way? A quicker way? A way that leaves me with some energy and originality by the time I get there? Bear in mind, I am currently nota councillor, TD or in fact a member of any party. There are some evil geniuses on this site, so I'm looking for my Karl Rove or David Axelrod.

It is very feasable.

Your biggest obstacle would be those who would say it could not be done. Party hacks like those infesting this site.

You need to run as an independent or else form a new party. You need 165 more to run in all constituences

All that is needed is an alternative as long as it is viable

The choice would be.

A new young face in their 20s say, looking to the future or Enda Kenny.

Last year lads formed Amhran Nua from this site. You could do the same

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies