• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

'I will leave the country if Kenny becomes Taoiseach': Ray D'Arcy

kerrynorth

Ray D'Arcy has just stated on the Brendan O'Connor show that he will leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach. He has a big audience on TodayFM and a big following generally.

Scribbler

Ray D'Arcy has just stated on the Brendan O'Connor show that he will leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach. He has a big audience on TodayFM and a big following generally.
Well, I wouldn't sell my house, Ray.

Raketemensch

Darcy is definitely working for FG, considered voting for them myself after reading the thread title.

yehbut_nobut

When you leave, don't let the door hit you on D'Arce !

disgruntledcitizen

used to enjoy D'Arcy's show, until Tom Dunne came along, though i never took anything he said seriously, including this

wombat

Ray D'Arcy has just stated on the Brendan O'Connor show that he will leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach.
A leave of absence? or has he got Charlie Bird's job lined up?

bprob

what was the reaction in the audience?
what was the reaction/follow-up from o'connor?

culbair

A leave of absence? or has he got Charlie Bird's job lined up?
FF supporter Darcy resorted to a rather coarse form of humour on the show. If that is the best he can do sure Ireland would be better off without him. Interesting to see that he sang dumb on the mention of Brian Cowen's name.

goosebump

That would be cool. I'll be rooting for Kenny so.

Did he mention his wife's view? He generally can't impart any information without letting us know what the lovely Jenny thinks too.

Where would we be without radio show hosts telling us what they had for dinner the previous evening. God bless them one and all.

Newsy

I think DJ's saying things like this, needs to be challenged AND restricted. D'Arcy is a public figure with a large audience on radio.

I'm no fan of Kenny, but I do believe that such a public statement from such a figure is beyond the pale.

uriah

Apart from his family, will anybody care?

He obviously felt fine when we had charlie haughey & bertie ahern.
Brian Cowen doesn't worry him.

Lacking in judgement on every level.

kerrynorth

what was the reaction in the audience?
what was the reaction/follow-up from o'connor?
The audience was supportive. O'Connor replied something to the effect that he was saying this while at the same time living in the country under Cowen.

cricket

This guy never struck me as being the brightest ( if he's the slightly built guy I'm thinking of ). Bit of a fillip for FG with that nonsense.

kerrynorth

That would be cool. I'll be rooting for Kenny so.

Did he mention his wife's view? He generally can't impart any information without letting us know what the lovely Jenny thinks too.
He prefaced his mark by saying that he said it to Jenny.

culbair

I think DJ's saying things like this, needs to be challenged AND restricted. D'Arcy is a public figure with a large audience on radio.

I'm no fan of Kenny, but I do believe that such a public statement from such a figure is beyond the pale.
I assumed that on RTE there is a requirement for balance. Brendan O'Connor mentioned Brian Cowen but FF supporter Darcy went silent. It is time to challenge Darcy. His humour tonight was coarse to say the least. Only a half wit would laugh at some of his so called jokes.

orbit

He's a nice guy, and I remember having a chat with him (in slightly unusual circumstances) but I wouldn't miss him, if he left the country over this.

Ecoguy

He won't, of course. And why he didn't feel the need to leave when a criminal cnspiracy was busy destroying the country's economy and enslaving our children in debt says volumes...
+1

Can anyone think of another reason to get him to leave:confused:

GDPR

FF supporter Darcy resorted to a rather coarse form of humour on the show. If that is the best he can do sure Ireland would be better off without him. Interesting to see that he sang dumb on the mention of Brian Cowen's name.
Naturally, he'd be of the coarser sort, if he were a FF supporter. Would that not be the case, Mr. Bumclench?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies