I wish to do my business/personal dealings in Irish/Gaeilge.

GDPR

You do not have the right to deny someone service simply because they are not speaking English.

And if you want to run a successful business, of course you find out what the buggers want, with sign language if necessary.

By all means, let people in Ireland conduct business in Irish. There will always be someone around to figure it out and slap the bill in.

redneck

What has the DUP's tendency to flaunt their markers of sectarian identity as means to claim victimhood status, got to do with the Irish language?

I mean it's not like reviving and speaking an almost dead language could possibly be put to such a use.
What is the purpose of the huge bonfires?

seanof

Is maith liom an teanga Gaeilge. I like Irish. Yet I find there is no Irish used at the local Shops/Churches/Pubs. Cén fáth. Why? As an Irish language fan why is there such little support for the native tongue in "trendy modern independent Ireland". Irish politicians and people love to lecture the rest of Europe and the World about rights!
Just heard an interesting documentary on RTE Radio 1 about Belfast man Mick Mallon who was instrumental in saving the Inuktitut language of the Inuit. He's now 85 years old and is learning Gaeilge. Worth a listen.

Unfortunately, it will leave the cynics who value everything in economic terms quite cold.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2017/0901/901471-documentary-on-one/

Watcher2

I suspect the notion that Gaeltachtaí exist did not represent an enhancing of their knowledge base.
But I wasn't just telling him of their existence. I was making a helpful suggestion which, due to his frustration vomited on our screens, he obviously needed it pointed out. He is obviously of the opinion and entitlement persuasion to think that everyone needs to accommodate him rather than him sorting out his own problems by utilising an already existing solution in the country.

ergo2

Barroso

What are the Irish Language terms for:

Specific Performance or
• Rectification
• Rescission
• Injunctions
• Quantum Meruit
The last one is Latin.
The others are all French.
Why don't you post in English, as that is the languague of the website!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies