• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

I wonder who pays their taxes

mickterry

During the U.S. election, much was made of Mitt Romneys tax return. It would be interesting to see if our leaders are paying their fair share. Or is it a case of do as we say, not as we do. Top civil servants could be looked at as well. Its just a thought

eoghanacht

Splutter ,cough. guffaw

Ansbacher

Ulster-Lad

Wasn't/Isn't Bertie non-tax compliant at one stage?

eoghanacht

I dont think for one minute Mr Kenny would be so foolish not to.

It would be one of the situations that if he wasnt paying his fair dues the media would pick up and report it.

I couldnt speak for those within the Labour party however.

In other words Sure we wouldn't be up that that but those other hoors, well

:roll:

Clanrickard

Why not have a national register of tax payers as per Scandinavian countries. We can all see who pays what.

I thought that all TD's had to demonstrate that they were tax-compliant. Is it not a prerequisite to sitting in the Dail?

eoghanacht

Mr Kenny is a man of Integrity unlike a particular someone of another party who makes promises they cant keep.
Roscommon county hospital....

eoghanacht

I thought that all TD's had to demonstrate that they were tax-compliant. Is it not a prerequisite to sitting in the Dail?

They are, it is well sort of, maybe kinda well unless your Bertie or Mick Wallace.

Asparagus

I dont think for one minute Mr Kenny would be so foolish not to.

It would be one of the situations that if he wasnt paying his fair dues the media would pick up and report it.

I couldnt speak for those within the Labour party however.
Would that be the friend of Kenny, Denis O'Brien, controlled media or some other media?

eoghanacht

ShankillFalls

Why not have a national register of tax payers as per Scandinavian countries. We can all see who pays what.
It's an interesting idea. I wouldn't be too worried about anyone knowing what I earn but are there other issues of privacy that might come up? For instance, in a business is it appropriate that all the employees know what each other are earing - could it be a cause for problems where people start to question why they are earning less than someone else.

I'm not against the idea but I'd be interested in reading about the experiences of other countries who've done it - specifically those that used not to do it and then started.

ffc

It's an interesting idea. I wouldn't be too worried about anyone knowing what I earn but are there other issues of privacy that might come up? For instance, in a business is it appropriate that all the employees know what each other are earing - could it be a cause for problems where people start to question why they are earning less than someone else.

I'm not against the idea but I'd be interested in reading about the experiences of other countries who've done it - specifically those that used not to do it and then started.
The only people who don't want tax returns published are people trying to avoid paying their lawful tax, there is no other explanation. Public Sector workers and PAYE workers wouldn't care, social welfare recipients wouldn't care, so who is left to object, yep, the usual crew, the landowners, bent businessmen, the farmers who drive 12 reg cars, live in mansions with 400metre driveways and get a grant for their kids to go to college, the leeches who use our social structure to enrich themselves and then refuse to contribute.

'orebel

They do but it would be interesting to see which tax avoidance schemes they're using.

b.a. baracus

Politicians and public servants are in the PAYE system. If you want to unearth tax avoidance and evasion you need to look at income earned outside the PAYE system.

Income earned by businesses, landlords, farmers etc is where I would start.

Tawdy

Why should`nt employees know what other employees in the same job doing the same work not know how much is paid to each other. Never hear of EQUAL WORK EQUAL PAY? That system of hiding it as a private matter between the employer and the employee is another way of dividing the workforce.