Ian Mor invites Trump to the six counties.

Mickeymac

OK – what Irish politician is believed to have said it was the happiest day of his life when Prince Charles visited Ireland?

And what other Irish politician has invited President Trump to visit Ireland and hopes he will visit County Antrim?

Right. Too easy – much too easy. John Bruton was the one who got all moist and trembly when Prince Charles came to Ireland. There is no record, as far as I know, as to what Bruton’s wife told her husband when she heard about his declaration of bliss.

The second is easier still, since it’s in The Belfast Telegraph and so must be true: Ian Paisley Jr has invited the man who gave courting advice on how best to grab a woman. “I’m confident that he will be here very soon” Paisley says. “I look forward to welcoming him and to seeing him, hopefully in County Antrim.” The Belfast Telegraph carries this photograph with their report, saying that Mr Paisley retweeted this picture of himself with First Lady Melania Trump in the White House.

Ian and Donald and the pleasure of your company, Mr President - Jude Collins

Views on this anyone or is it another of Ian Ogs false news reports?

Last edited:

theloner

Did young Ian ask The Donald about fund-raising for IRASF just before they levelled Canary Wharf, or does the DUP just go totally weak at the knees at the scent of cents?

Mickeymac

Did young Ian ask The Donald about fund-raising for IRASF just before they levelled Canary Wharf, or does the DUP just go totally weak at the knees at the scent of cents?

I never heard his spin on that one, much better for him, I suppose, telling the billyboys Tory cuts will only have consequences for taigs and swarthy types in England.

collina

Really Ian and a lot of the other DUPers should join Fianna Fáil. They’ed be right at home there and they could invite Trump on an all-island basis.

Dame_Enda

Twas the orange hair that clinched it.

hollandia

Ian Óg, as Ian Mór had shuffled of this mortal coil some several years ago.

raetsel

The DUP is washing its hands of Baby Doc over his retweeting of a display of religious bigotry by the media troll, Katie Hopkins.

DUP deplores Katie Hopkins tweet retweeted by Ian Paisley - BBC News

The DUP has said it "deplores the sentiments" of a tweet by right-wing commentator Katie Hopkins which was retweeted by Ian Paisley.

The North Antrim MP has since deleted the comment from his twitter account.

Ms Hopkins' tweet read: "March 2018. London has a higher murder rate than New York... and Ramadan's not yet begun."

The DUP spokesperson said the matter will be considered by the party officers at their next meeting.

vivabrigada

collina

What sniveling gob************************e of a spiv.
I wonder what would happen if the Paisley retweeted the same about a Jewish holiday. I don’t think the DUP would be waiting until the next meeting to deal with it, and rightfully so.

FOURGREENFIELDS

Paisley junior has been a right arse over the past few months and I hope he is squirming now at this; he is right out of the DUP loop and is trying to justify his political existence. He has obviously not followed the example of his mother and brother whose dignity and commentary over the past year has been exemplary.

New Threads

Most Replies