Iceland to vote on banning circumcision for boys

silverharp

All for this this backwards procedure to be banned, if no society had ever practiced it and someone suggested it today you would be thrown in a loony bin. Interesting to see if it passes as some other Nordic countries have been pondering the issue. I believe once the age of consent is reached they are free to make their choice so overall a reasonable compromise.

Jewish leaders hit out over Iceland

The proposal has been put forward by Progressive Party MP Silja Dögg Gunnarsdóttir and is backed by several other Icelandic politicians.

Circumcising girls has been illegal in Iceland since 2005, but there is no provision for boys, Gunnarsdóttir told Euronews.

The bill proposes a six-year prison term for anyone found guilty of “removing part or all of the [child’s] sexual organs”.

Gunnarsdóttir said she was acting on advice issued by children’s ombudsmen in five Nordic countries. They said in 2013 that “circumcision without a medical indication on a person unable to provide informed consent conflicts with basic principles of medical ethics, particularly because the operation is irreversible, painful and may cause serious complications."

Trainwreck

All for this this backwards procedure to be banned, if no society had ever practiced it and someone suggested it today you would be thrown in a loony bin. Interesting to see if it passes as some other Nordic countries have been pondering the issue. I believe once the age of consent is reached they are free to make their choice so overall a reasonable compromise.

Jewish leaders hit out over Iceland
No problem with that. It may have had health benefits back in the deep dark past, but not today.

firefly123

Absolutely. It's genital mutilation.

Dame_Enda

I'm strongly opposed to circumcising males without medical justification but I also know that banning it will fuel unregulated circumcision, resulting in babies dying. Interestingly the vast majority of American men (58%) are circumcised and are not Jewish. The US medical Establishment supports circumcision but it's quite possible one factor in that is the demographics of their medical Establishment.

Among Christians in the US, circumcision become popular as an anti masturbation measure (!), which ironically is also how Kelloggs cornflakes started. There was a moral panic about this around 1900.

Last edited:

silverharp

I'm strongly opposed to circumcising males without medical justification but I also know that banning it will fuel unregulated circumcision, resulting in babies dying. Interestingly the vast majority of American men are circumcised and are not Jewish.
possible but circumcision is a cause of death and complications already

stopdoingstuff

It won't happen but not because of the Jews. It is totally ok to ignore Jews these days as they are not in one of the officially sanctioned PC victim groups. However Muslim males are circumcised, so this measure is unlikely to pass.

silverharp

It won't happen but not because of the Jews. It is totally ok to ignore Jews these days as they are not in one of the officially sanctioned PC victim groups. However Muslim males are circumcised, so this measure is unlikely to pass.
there are only about a 100 jews in Iceland and less than a 1000 muslims, they are irrelevant in terms of a voting block

stopdoingstuff

there are only about a 100 jews in Iceland and less than a 1000 muslims, they are irrelevant in terms of a voting block
Yeah but the Muslims might say that the locals are being Islamophobic, in which case they will say "Oh no, time to sacrifice my beliefs so as not to just like Adolf Eichmann....."

FunkyBoogaloo

Best of luck to them. Well done Iceland, again.

I hope they vote to ban it. A disgusting practice.

silverharp

Yeah but the Muslims might say that the locals are being Islamophobic, in which case they will say "Oh no, time to sacrifice my beliefs so as not to just like Adolf Eichmann....."
it will test their nerve, its a very leftist country in some ways too so they might be swayed by pc concerns

johnnypockets

Brilliant. As a matter of interest, is there anything that isn't the feckin muzzles fault? :lol:

gerhard dengler

Genesis Chapter 17

17:1 And after he began to be ninety and nine years old, the Lord appeared to him: and said unto him: I am the Almighty God: walk before me, and be perfect.

17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee: and I will multiply thee exceedingly.

17:3 Abram fell flat on his face.

17:4 And God said to him: I am, and my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

17:5 Neither shall thy name be called any more Abram: but thou shalt be called Abraham: because I have made thee a father of many nations.

17:6 And I will make thee increase exceedingly, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee, and between thy seed after thee in their generations, by a perpetual covenant: to be a God to thee, and to thy seed after thee.

17:8 And I will give to thee, and to thy seed, the land of thy sojournment, all the land of Chanaan, for a perpetual possession, and I will be their God.

17:9 Again God said to Abraham: And thou therefore shalt keep my covenant, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

17:10 This is my covenant which you shall observe between me and you, and thy seed after thee: All the male kind of you shall be circumcised.

17:11 And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, that it may be for a sign of the covenant between me and you.

17:12 An infant of eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every manchild in your generations: he that is born in the house, as well as the bought servant, shall be circumcised, and whosoever is not of your stock:

17:13 And my covenant shall be in your flesh for a perpetual covenant.

17:14 The male whose flesh of his foreskin shall not be circumcised, that soul shall be destroyed out of his people: because he hath broken my covenant
This is the basis for the justification for the circumcision of Jewish males.

Trainwreck

Genesis Chapter 17

This is the basis for the justification for the circumcision of Jewish males.
Most of the religious rules from the old testament are grounded in practical needs for hygiene and the like; for example a lot of the bizarre rules about food.

Religion was the way to enforce social practice in naïve and ignorant times. Some ignorant and naive still follow and enforce them.

GDPR

Tell that to Kevin Myers and Paul Nehlen.

The Field Marshal

I see alleged Catholic cardinal Marx has come out and criticised the Icelandic proposal.

COMECE President expresses deep concern about criminalisation of circumcision

The cardinal it seems gets off on inflicting gratuitous pain on the genitals of male infants.

Not a whole lot different from his boss , the false Pope Bergoglio, who lies about bishops who conspire to protect clerical priest abusers and reinstates priests convicted of same.

Last edited:

GDPR

I suppose if you were to allow Rebel Media to define anti-Semitism for you than you might well think that.

Do you consider me to be anti-Semitic?

razorblade

It should be banned its a disgusting practice why should any child be subjected to it.

New Threads

Most Replies