ICTU Demonstration 27th November

Legacy

Here are the details of the ICTU march planned for 27th November. As I have said in a previous thread - I have lost a lot of respect for the Trade Union movement but, nonetheless, I will be there on the day.

Assembly is at Wood Quay at 12.00 noon.

At least its happening before the budget!

Congress - Irish Congress of Trade Unions » Home Page

Bring plenty of noise with you!

B

birthday

Public service union march-rename

Marie Sherlock let the mask slip this morning on radio where the interests of public service members of SIPTU appear to be superior to those of private sector members.
This march is a joke if it claims to represent anything other than the interests of PS union members.

cricket

Its going to the gpo?!

and not leinster house!!
Leinster House is closed on Saturday. Definitely travelling to this , everybody , not just trade unionists , should march to drive the message home.Hopefully the nutters like Eirigí will stay at home and play with their toys or something.

Well ill be at both demonstrations.

The time for sitting aroud moaning has gone, if you care about this country you will be there.

Mister men

Things are about to get messy.

SeanieFitz

i will also attend

it really amuses me that some posters criticise Unions for protecting the interests of their members but see nothing wrong with ISME, IBEC, VFI, IFA, etc doing the exact same thing! talk about double standards
just like Ivan Yates constantly criticising public servants wages and pensions when he is in receipt of a public pension himself!

H.R. Haldeman

The Government
FF Voters
Property speculators and developers
Large sections of the Media
The bankers
...and...
The trade union movement

All co-accused. I will not be going on any march organised by any of these useless, seditious bastards.

And does anyone remember the last time they heard a Union leader standing up for the minimum wage burger-flippers and trolly pushers? The real working poor. I don't.

The Government
FF Voters
The bankers
...and...
The trade union movement

All co-accused. I will not be going on any march organised by any of these useless, seditious bastards.

And does anyone remember the last time they heard a Union leader standing up for the minimum wage burger-flippers and trolly pushers? The real working poor. I don't.
Dont go for them, go for your country. I will be there to show my anger, but when it comes to the unions trying to speak ill just boo and heckle.

borntorum

David Begg and friends organising a march to protest against any IMF plan to remove them and the rest of the 'social partners' from state boards.

Count me out

making waves

This protest has the potential to be very big - the question however is what the ICTU leadership will do afterwards. The next step should be a 24 hour nationwide general strike - ICTU leaders are likely to go in and do a deal for €6billion in cuts. Time for workers to reclaim the unions.

Legacy

Dont go for them, go for your country. I will be there to show my anger, but when it comes to the unions trying to speak ill just boo and heckle.
+1

I really dont care who organises a demonstration against the Government at this stage. I am going because I want to be able to look my children and grandchildren in the eye and say I did all I could to stand up to them.

B

birthday

ICTU are collaborators with corrupt FF.
They cannot change that now. ICTU leadership willingly sat on boards that oversaw massive waste and corruption and gross incompetence (Fas, Central Bank, CIE etc etc).
As they are 'protected' with CPD the cuts will fall on the old and sick and elderly-how sick is that?
To protect their perks yet another generation of young people will be forced to emigrate.

Still, there are some gullible fools who will attend- for most however the penny has dropped.
It might be useful to think back to what happened in France at end of WW2-what happened to collaborators then?

B

Boggle

The general public should hi-jack the demonstration.
Carry signs saying "I'm not with them, but I'm against you" if you like but everybody needs to act to get this govt out.

ballot stuffer

This might just be the riot that is hijacked by peaceful protesters.

borntorum

+1

I really dont care who organises a demonstration against the Government at this stage. I am going because I want to be able to look my children and grandchildren in the eye and say I did all I could to stand up to them.
You're going to go on a march organised by Bertie's best buds, who have been up to their snouts in patronage and political slush funds, who as an integral part of the social partnership fiasco and the benchmarking fraud are one of the central planks of the corrupt edifice that got us into this mess, and who would be quite content to see the genuine poor, as well as private sector workers with no job security, shafted in order to keep their own cosy nests feathered.

What a true patriot you are.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
David Begg and friends organising a march to protest against any IMF plan to remove them and the rest of the 'social partners' from state boards.

Count me out
This is it, the IMF will only pay the wages now of the Army and Guards (to make sure the public dont get too uppity), the Unions and PS topdogs are not required anymore.

Beards protesting about money for themselves drying up.

cricket

The Government
FF Voters
The bankers
...and...
The trade union movement

Who do you think got the minimum wage in the first instance ? Moore McDowell ?
You'll be sorely missed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies