• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

ICTUs national day of protest: Saturday 9th February

RobertW

The Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU) is holding nationwide rallies simultaneously in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Waterford & Sligo this Saturday 9th February from 1.30PM.

The protest is entitled "Lift the Burden - Jobs not Debt"

Lift the Burden - Jobs not Debt - Protest Sat Feb 9th » Home Page

These protests are occurring as the public sector trade unions - where virtually all are affiliated with ICTU - are about to return to their members with further paycut sand worse terms and conditions of employment.

National protests by ICTU have been held in the past and nothing has been achieved.

Will you attend or support?

firefly123

I've done enough walking to empty buildings in the rain. I've done enough listening to over paid out of touch union heads standing on a soapbox.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Only one reason to go to that protest.

Clanrickard

nonpartyboy

The Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU) is holding nationwide rallies simultaneously in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Waterford & Sligo this Saturday 9th February from 1.30PM.

The protest is entitled "Lift the Burden - Jobs not Debt"

Lift the Burden - Jobs not Debt - Protest Sat Feb 9th » Home Page

These protests are occurring as the public sector trade unions - where virtually all are affiliated with ICTU - are about to return to their members with further paycut sand worse terms and conditions of employment.

National protests by ICTU have been held in the past and nothing has been achieved.

Any time there is any rumblings from the workers, ictu steps up with some micky mouse rally......to take the pressure off. Ictu bought and sold long ago, why not a national 1 day strike ?

carlovian

I've done enough walking to empty buildings in the rain. I've done enough listening to over paid out of touch union heads standing on a soapbox.
Union leaders on salaries over 100,000 euro giving out about austerity.

Must be terrible for them all right.

gerhard dengler

I'm not a member of a trade union.

I did attend the November 2010 march because it was one of the few marches which opposed the EU/IMF bailout and which also imposed the bank bailout.

I'm not sure that I will attend this demo though because it is apparent that the trade union leadership are were/are far to complicit with this government.

ger12

Just thinking only today that the ECB haven't seen any evidence of protest/unrest in Ireland to date. Nice timing. ;)

nonpartyboy

Just thinking only today that the ECB haven't seen any evidence of protest/unrest in Ireland to date. Nice timing. ;)
This is real march them up the hill and march them back down stuff.......utterly meaningless. Ictu should be embarrassed to call themselves workers representatives. We will achieve far more by bringing the country to a standstill for a day.

ruserious

Yerra, be happy you have a job, Robert. Many would take your position in a heartbeat. Country's f*cked and the sooner we realise that, the better.

Rocky

Nope.

It would be a bit odd for me to attend a protest aimed at opposing pay cuts for people who earn more than me.

Rocky

Click on the link in the opening post.
Yeah, but that's just a load of waffle. This is obviously happening because of the proposed pay cuts.

I also oppose any default of the Irish state on the bank debt.

RobertW

Yeah, but that's just a load of waffle. This is obviously happening because of the proposed pay cuts.

I also oppose any default of the Irish state on the bank debt.
Fair enough then. You won't mind the various charges on the way (water, property, etc...) to pay the interest on the bank debt so.

commonman

Yerra, be happy you have a job, Robert. Many would take your position in a heartbeat. Country's f*cked and the sooner we realise that, the better.
We all know the country is in a mess , but our politicians and union leaders bankers and all the big wigs on public pensions have done ok, the rest of the people carry the load.

Dame_Enda

As an unemployed man my sympathy for the PS unions is non-existent.

venusian

More than a rumour making the rounds that the many in the GRA will be marching in civvies!