• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Idea for a new TV channel.....RTE Gold

RahenyFG

I suggested this to someone the other day when we were talking about old RTE programmes of the past. Plenty of good shows that are rarely repeated-Don't Feed The Gondolas, Blizzard of Odd, A Scare At Bedtime with Podge and Rodge, Paths To Freedom, Legend, The Live Mike, Bull Island and loads more, put them on an RTE channel showing classic RTE programming from the past. You can also have soaps like Glenroe, never repeated, and old Fair City episodes to please the aul ones. Well aware RTE doesn't have the money at the moment but if they could afford it it could be a success.

cabledude

On the same point, I was looking through my Saorview box today and notices a whole raft of new channels on the EPG. Test channels 1 -6. Must be more channels in the pipeline. RTE Gold would be a good one, provided they didn't reintroduce Bosco!

darkknight

Of course, RTE Gold (Radio) already exists (and is one of my favourite digital channels).

RTE Digital Radio - Gold

It's non-stop classic pop/rock, with no Pat K, or Joe D, or Marian F or any of that lot. Pure Gold! :cool:

Mackers

Glenroe. Yes I'm serious. We all have our little foibles.:eek:

lying eyes

I suggested this to someone the other day when we were talking about old RTE programmes of the past. Plenty of good shows that are rarely repeated-Don't Feed The Gondolas, Blizzard of Odd, A Scare At Bedtime with Podge and Rodge, Paths To Freedom, Legend, The Live Mike, Bull Island and loads more, put them on an RTE channel showing classic RTE programming from the past. You can also have soaps like Glenroe, never repeated, and old Fair City episodes to please the aul ones. Well aware RTE doesn't have the money at the moment but if they could afford it it could be a success.
Great idea, fund it by colsing down Rte 1....

ruserious

I support this motion. Also hope RTÉ get the rights to Qi. Best show on tv.

R3volution_R3ady

What do you mean by success? Financially?

A better option would be to get rid of RTE altogether and anyone that wants to watch these old shows can do so online for free as opposed to creating another fund for the opportunists to raid for the sake of it.

Catalpast

Tolka Row!:D

RahenyFG

What do you mean by success? Financially?
With the right programmes and right marketing I say such a channel could be a success. Advertising costs could be huge! RTE could rake it in.

Great idea, fund it by colsing down Rte 1....
How about closing down RTE News Now. Pointless channel if you ask me. It just shows stuff that is being played real time on RTE tv stations or radio stations. It's news updates on the right hand side are the same 5 stories for the hour. Just duplication and a waste of a channel.

Popular Threads

Most Replies