• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Identity Ireland

GDPR

A new right ring party called 'Identity Ireland' has been launched. Their aim is to bring an end to mass immigration and multiculturalism. The party launch was marred by an anti rasicm group staging a protest.

Party Leader Peter O’Loughlin, who is a primary school teacher, said 90pc of immigrants seeking asylum in Ireland are “bogus” and are instead economic immigrants. He said mass immigration - which Ireland engaged in with “in gusto” - is putting “huge strain” on our health and social welfare system. The group is opposed to the European Union in its current form and Mr O’Loughlin said the euro was a “political tool used to rob us of our sovereignty”. He said the group will run a “handful” of candidates in the next election but admitted it was hard to get people to engage with the party because they feared being branded racists. He said the party did not take a position on social issues such as abortion or the marriage equality referendum.
So Ireland seems to have finally got our own version of UKIP and certainly there is support out there for their euro skeptic, anti-immigration and anti multiculturalism views. What does p.ie reckon on their chances for success?

Launch of controversial right wing political party descends into chaos in Dublin - Independent.ie

Link to their official website: http://identityireland.org/

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Well 90% of asylum seekers are found to be bogus. That is well known. I agree with them on immigration control but not on returning to the Punt. The woman who read out the statement against the group herself seems to be an immigrant.

Dadaist

He said the party did not take a position on social issues such as abortion or the marriage equality referendum.
Are their (potential) TDs going to abstain from Oireachtas debates and votes concerning such matters? Referenda?

Or are they...?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Points they bring up need to be discussed but another party is always a good way to measure the voter. But every new topic can't have a party to look after it. I would be in agreement to an extent that we should look after our own first and have them strong and growing before you start adding fuel to the fire of discontent.

I still do not know what all the immigrants are doing stuck in Butlins for years apart from going mad and creating more children with difficulties in later life. We seem to have just brought in a load of people and put them in limbo. Terrible.

Enigma Variations

Mr O’Loughlin said the euro was a “political tool used to rob us of our sovereignty”.
Or maybe that should read "Mr O’Loughlin is a political tool used to rob us of our sanity”......................................

GDPR

Are their (potential) TDs going to abstain from Oireachtas debates and votes concerning such matters? Referenda?

Or are they...?
Good question, I suspect no one has a clue at this stage. Personally I am surprised that an anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism party has not been launched before.

The Preacher

We already had a group trying this years ago called the Immigration Control Platform, led by some hatchet faced harpie called Aine Ni Chonaill if memory serves me correctly. They got precisely nowhere. Paddy doesn't do extreme right wing even though plenty of Paddies, if you scratch the surface, would probably be sympathetic to this type of thing.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Good question, I suspect no one has a clue at this stage. Personally I am surprised that an anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism party has not been launched before.
Probably afraid of been called a racist. Some things simply have to be swept under the carpet.

Roll_On

the thing about these parties is, although on the surface they may seem to have a sensible slant on migration, they tend to attract wingnut loons and degenerate into idiocy very quickly. I see this one is talking about punts, so they've already finished their run in double quick time.

GDPR

Or maybe that should read "Mr O’Loughlin is a political tool used to rob us of our sanity”......................................
If my memory is correct UKIP achieved 14% of the vote in the recent UK elections. If that translates here, maybe not the upcoming election but possibly the next, that's a potential government partner.

TheSmallFella

A new right ring party called 'Identity Ireland' has been launched. Their aim is to bring an end to mass immigration and multiculturalism. The party launch was marred by an anti rasicm group staging a protest.

So Ireland seems to have finally got our own version of UKIP and certainly there is support out there for their euro skeptic, anti-immigration and anti multiculturalism views. What does p.ie reckon on their chances for success?

Launch of controversial right wing political party descends into chaos in Dublin - Independent.ie
What they see:
trevor_thomas_fowler_children_canvas_print.jpg

What they project:

Fair play to the protesters. Work is really the bane of being an active citizen, as I had a tuppence-worth to say to the teacher and his intense chums.

We've been here before with Áine Ní Chonaill and her peculiar band of loons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Áine_Ní_Chonaill.

How this launch should have been received:
[video=youtube;ptxkVhDYog8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxkVhDYog8[/video]

Seanie Lemass

They got nearly 1,000 votes in Carlow/Kilkenny bye election out of nowhere and with minimal campaign and coverage.

As for being right wing, what is evidence for that? Being anti bailout is leftwing issue surely :)

GDPR

Probably afraid of been called a racist. Some things simply have to be swept under the carpet.
Agree. If they can get themselves organised, they can get become a party than simply cannot be ignored and brushed under the carpet.

statsman

They might just get 2,375 first prefs nationwide if they run a candidate in every constituency.

This being P.ie, I expect the usual one trick ponies to come along any minute now to tell us how they're going to take votes from Labour.

Seanie Lemass

By the way the Iranian woman with the actual fascists is partner of Paul Murphy.

She once advertised on Facebook for a barista to work shifts in a coffee shop for under minimum wage. That's the sort of idiots we have here.

Equinox

Or are they...?
They don't need to at the moment because there is no debate at all. Was there a debate about accepting migrant quotas?

No.

Doubtless these geezers, purely by virtue of being prepared to stick their heads above the parapet in this rabidly PC world, are probably troglodites and are unlikely to garner much support, but I'd be prepared to hold my nose and vote for them because they might at least spark a bit of debate in the groupthing echo chamber of the Dail. UKIP only won a single seat but at least they started the debate about the EU and immigration in the UK. I have been mightily impressed by Cameron's willingness to now address issues that were prevously swept under the carpet.

TheSmallFella

We already had a group trying this years ago called the Immigration Control Platform, led by some hatchet faced harpie called Aine Ni Chonaill if memory serves me correctly. They got precisely nowhere. Paddy doesn't do extreme right wing even though plenty of Paddies, if you scratch the surface, would probably be sympathetic to this type of thing.
Apologies, TP, you mentioned her before I got around to it. She's not as active now as she was back in the 90s but your description captures her in perfect white and white (Aine don't do Black and white, Fool!).

Bea C

By the way the Iranian woman with the actual fascists is partner of Paul Murphy.

She once advertised on Facebook for a barista to work shifts in a coffee shop for under minimum wage. That's the sort of idiots we have here.
Really!
Whilst she was there, did anybody ask for her opinion on that 50c rise?