Identity Ireland

stakerwallace

600 hundred more on the way, along with the thousands of illegal immigrants that are coming in every year. enough is enough, time the government done some thing about this,but will they, at the last general election none of the parties wanted to talk about this problem.
and as prosperity grows we will have more and more and more and more. Holy God above in Dublin.

Sister Mercedes

As for them being economic immigrants - there are Irish economic immigrants in every city in Britain, Australia, Canada, and America. These people want the gate pulled up to economic immigrants to Ireland but say nothing of the fact that Ireland liberally dumps tens of thousands of economic immigrants on every corner of the planet.
But those 'Irish economic immigrants in very city in Britain' etc are not claiming asylum. Economic migrants should be processed as every other country processes economic migrants, on the basis of skills, labour shortages etc.

Ramon Mercadar

A new right ring party called 'Identity Ireland' has been launched. Their aim is to bring an end to mass immigration and multiculturalism. The party launch was marred by an anti rasicm group staging a protest.

So Ireland seems to have finally got our own version of UKIP and certainly there is support out there for their euro skeptic, anti-immigration and anti multiculturalism views. What does p.ie reckon on their chances for success?

Launch of controversial right wing political party descends into chaos in Dublin - Independent.ie
But will they keep culchies out of Dublin & repatriate all first generation immigrant culchies not married to a a Dub? Thats the real acid test.

wombat

How many of us would have heard of them if the protesters hadn't arranged for the media to attend?

stakerwallace

But will they keep culchies out of Dublin & repatriate all first generation immigrant culchies not married to a a Dub? Thats the real acid test.
That cuts both ways: Dubs out of Wexford, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath?

GDPR

There are no such things as 'bogus asylum seekers' - there are just asylum seekers, some of whom will not meet the current criteria.

As for them being economic immigrants - there are Irish economic immigrants in every city in Britain, Australia, Canada, and America. These people want the gate pulled up to economic immigrants to Ireland but say nothing of the fact that Ireland liberally dumps tens of thousands of economic immigrants on every corner of the planet.
Or they oppose 'open gate' migration and multi-culturalism, citing problems arising re same across Europe.

GDPR

Would be interesting to find out the percentage of Dubs one or two generations removed from the sticks. C'mon CSO, do something worthwhile.

ProfCalculus

Which P.ie regulars are these, I wonder?
Haha. Was just thinking that myself. I'd say the majority of fringe party members and egomaniacal independents of the type who pull in circa 100 votes in local/general elections are 10K+ posters on this website. In the land of p.ie they can delude themselves into thinking that they're people of substance with opinions that matter.

Back in the real world they're just that minority of slightly odd, angry people that most people do their level best to avoid. Drains, rather than radiators, as my mother would say.

That Breivik allegation is crap anyway.
Most likely a coincidence - I certainly wasn't aware of the anniversary - but a determined protagonist will in any event be able to find something of significance no matter the day of the year.

Proests such as today's can only be good for the new party - who will be able to claim ongoing martyrdom from their moment of birth.

TheSmallFella

At the end of the day, they do have a right to launch a party.
Do you think it right that some wans get to crash and attempt to stop that?
It was a press conference, they weren't shoving people onto ferries down in Rosslare.
Ah, Bea, there are rights and there are rights. Ernst Nolte's theory of 'anti-transcendence' is central to understanding Fascist ideology in that immigrants are seen as being intrinsically 'transcendental'. The purpose of seeing immigrants in this manner by these twats twits is always the same – it is invariably the first step towards returning the nation to its perceived ideal. Or, as they put it:

We recognise the importance of our history and culture in creating the Irish identity, which serves as a solid foundation for our society. Therefore we are against policies which encourage multiculturalism and ghettoization as these can lead to conflict and division. As such we oppose mass immigration and believe in natural controlled immigration as practiced by most nations worldwide.
Easy enough to find similarly innocuous and straightforward tosh amongst this archive:
Nazi Propaganda (Pre-1933 Material).

It’s the frank face on the site of primary school Pete which catches the ocular unit as it reminds me of the trustworthy electoral appeal of another fresh-faced young man:

I love Godwin’s!

Seanie Lemass

Small Fella, the only twats here are people like you who are on the same (extreme right) side as Peter Sutherland and IBEC who want to turn the country into a sinkhole of low wage jobs and high rent eggboxes.

TheSmallFella

That Breivik allegation is crap anyway.
Proof, please as such a categorical claim requires the proof which could only come from possessing the intimate knowledge of the intentions of II as they Hindenburg'd into public consciousness today. I, on the other hand, would not make a categorical statement about its 'non-crappiness' since I don't have such knowledge and am forced to contemplate the allegation. Methinks Peter Rabbit may be a nasty enough turd to have thought about it.

gerhard dengler

The old political hegemony of FF/FG/Lab is well past their collective sell by date.
That's why there are new political parties being formed.

The more new political parties there are the better.

Betson

That cuts both ways: Dubs out of Wexford, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath?
And they can ************************ right off if they think us culchies are going to let them drain the Shannon to take our water for their fancy cocktails and the like when their reservoirs run dry. There will be civil war in this country yet.

Orbit v2

Are their (potential) TDs going to abstain from Oireachtas debates and votes concerning such matters? Referenda?

Or are they...?
I suppose that each candidate will just have their own position on it, and voters can decide whether they agree with them or not.

Proof, please as such a categorical claim requires the proof which could only come from possessing the intimate knowledge of the intentions of II as they Hindenburg'd into public consciousness today. I, on the other hand, would not make a categorical statement about its 'non-crappiness' since I don't have such knowledge and am forced to contemplate the allegation. Methinks Peter Rabbit may be a nasty enough turd to have thought about it.
It was a bit contrived really. I find it hard not to imagine them searching the "on this day ... " column of the main newspapers, in order to find some anniversary for today.

Last edited:

TheSmallFella

Racism & Xenophobia have no place in Ireland
Ah, sadly R, that's not the case. Even leaving aside the driver seats of certain taxis, they have multiple thousands of places in which to lurk in our great country.

stakerwallace

And they can ************************ right off if they think us culchies are going to let them drain the Shannon to take our water for their fancy cocktails and the like when their reservoirs run dry. There will be civil war in this country yet.
They can have a fair bit out of the Shannon imo: it flooded my garden here a few years ago. Shannonsider

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom