If everyone got everything they wanted, how much would it cost to run the Public Health Service?

Noble Guardian

Twitter
@NobleGuardianIE
Happens all the time Biffo - private patients go into a private hospital for an elective surgery - a complication arises - the patient is transferred to a public hospital for treatment. Private hospitals are designed to make profit - not to deal with medical or surgical issues.
TBH, i don't actually have a problem with this in principle, although your statement that private hospitals aren't designed to deal with medical or surgical issues is illogical.

Medical or surgical issues are EXACTLY what private hospitals are designed to deal with, just very specific medical or surgical issues. That’s what allows them to be incredibly efficient. When those issues develop so that they extend beyond the ability of that particular institution to handle, it's perfectly appropriate tyto transfer to another institution so equipped. That's what happens in hte public system all the time; patients are transferred between institutions depending on the level of care they need.

however, where this needs to happen between a private and a public institution, the cost of that care should be charged in full to the private provider.

Noble Guardian

Twitter
@NobleGuardianIE
don’t know.

but I do know I was in Vincent’s private for a procedure about 8 months ago and was wheeled down to theatre by the consultant
That's a pretty innefficient use of a valuable resource. Possibly there was a problem with the porter such that the cuconsultant decided to do it themselves rather than waste he time.

Noble Guardian

Twitter
@NobleGuardianIE
It's part of the cost of democracy that decision makers have to be mindful of the effect that lazy and dishonest journalism will have on lazy and unthinking voters.
The cervicalcheck debacle was driven by such.

Uganda

That's a pretty innefficient use of a valuable resource. Possibly there was a problem with the porter such that the cuconsultant decided to do it themselves rather than waste he time.
not really inefficient. We had a chat on the way down and he got to know a little about me. It didn’t take from his day.

Noble Guardian

Twitter
@NobleGuardianIE
not really inefficient. We had a chat on the way down and he got to know a little about me. It didn’t take from his day.
Fair enough

omgsquared

I don't know about your experience, but certainly everytime i visit a hospital i don't see a lot of staff sitting around playing Candy Crush. So staff are probably worknig at a reasonable level of efficiency. Whether they're doing the right things is probably relates to the "aer we providing the right model of care?" question which Dame Enda alluded to earlier.
There are many staff who are busy and work hard however the entire system is top heavy wih admin and bureaucracy. There is not even a common IT system between the various regions .
The consultants are also part of the problem and solution, It is currently not in their interests to have an efficient public system as they make much more on pvt practice.
Then just look at the entire stuff up of the new childens hospital , a free green field site was offered the job could have been done for a 5th of the cost and wud probably be complete by now.
There is a need for political will and leadership , Instead we have a bunch of twats faffing around about diversionary tactics such as Daft RIC events , LGBTQ RTGS BS, Gender neutral clothing fo primary schools , and let us not forget Greta and teh entire global warming crabon credits virtue signalling.
on top of that Ireland are now seeking a UN seat on the security council. Why / we cannot even house people .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies