'If FF no longer existed, who would you then vote for and why?

kerdasi amaq

'If FF no longer existed, who would you then vote for and why?

A very interesting question.

This economic crisis has the potential to transform politics in Ireland. I can see Fianna Fáil going the way of the unlamented PD's. The critical point is whether Fianna Fáil can gain enough seats in following General Election to go into government on their own terms; instead of being a junior partner in a coalition. If they can't, I believe that it will be the ruination of that eyesore.petunia

eoghanacht

No one, i'd vote for policies!

logic

Right now I think all parties fail to inspire me, alot of FGs policies are ok but I wouldn't have confidence in them, LB would give things a much needed shake up but they would raise corporate tax; which would destroy Ireland. Greens,while showing us they aren't a party able to stand up to FF, still managed to put through some policies that WILL pay dividends in the future. I'd prob give them my vote because I see all parties as incompetent but at least 1 or 2 green policies may come through with them.

I suggest looking up the new party: amhran nua. While its a new party with no recognisable names, they look like they have some good policies. But will they be ready for the election?

Policies

kerdasi amaq

Fianna Fáil can look forward to getting blank spaces on the ballot paper from me.

LowIQ

Question is moot. I never voted for them.

west'sawake

I haven't voted FF since MacSharry departed, never liked Ahern, hated his corporatist, big Union, big business instincts. Right now I'll vote FG, only because they are not FF. Would canvass for them if Varadkar was leading. Would abandon FG if there was a credible post Lisbon Euro wary party with strong individuals, men and women with credibility as leaders in their own communities, be it business, the voluntary sector, or independent politics. Alas there is no such alternative.

So as things stand, 1. FG. 2. Independent. Would never give a preference to a labour party led by a former stickie. If Ruairi Quinn was leading them I would.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies