If Fianna Fail won the Donegal South By-Election, Would you leave the Country?

MattM

I am just wondering if FF were to get the result in Donegal and O'Domhnaill was elected which isn't beyond possible. What would you do?

Fianna Fail would profess it as a mandate for their policies and getting us out of this mess and perhaps try and grasp on to power for the rest of their term.

Would you Protest or just get up and Out?

Aristodemus

If FF did win Donegal SW they could credibly claim it's an endorsement of their strategy. That's what elections do

tribade

I'll be gone in a matter of days if that happens

master funk

as a result of the poll during the week it would take Jed Bush and the state of Florida to come over to help FF win this election

budgie29

No, but I would never set foot in Donegal again. On the otherhand if FF win GE next yr I certainly will !

oggy

The title of this thread brought an instant smile to my face. Thank you

Perhaps if it comes through all the whingers and moaners in the ABFF will lead the outflow from Ireland

trekkypj

I won't leave. I will, however, criticise the decision of Donegal South at length. I may even use bad words. In my anger I may also suggest that we hand them over to the IMF - lock, stock and barrel (though I will be exaggerating, of course).

But I don't believe that they will win. And I have great faith in the people of Donegal. They're not fools. They see what is happening.

Wish I could say the same of our government. :(

trekkypj

Perhaps if it comes through all the whingers and moaners in the ABFF will lead the outflow from Ireland
As opposed to the FF camp who keep whining about 'de meedya'? You HAVE been reading the newspapers this last week?

Whingers and moaners. Thank you very much! And thus you dismiss the plight of the poor sods who have to endure the insanity at the heart of our current administration.

Personally, I'm all for deporting the whole lot of the FF cabinet and most of their TDs and senators to Zimbabwe. They'd fit right in.

TorontoTom

I left in '05. What a shame to see what is happening back home. One would think a General Election is what we need, but look at the opposition... just as incompetent... :eek:

oggy

As opposed to the FF camp who keep whining about 'de meedya'? You HAVE been reading the newspapers this last week?

Whingers and moaners. Thank you very much! And thus you dismiss the plight of the poor sods who have to endure the insanity at the heart of our current administration.

Personally, I'm all for deporting the whole lot of the FF cabinet and most of their TDs and senators to Zimbabwe. They'd fit right in.
get the message, FF are well used to what the media say about them. The problem since the crash in 2008 has been the combined ABFF/Media determined efforts to make things much worse than they are

bprob

no, because in the long term it would be a good thing.
it would scare so many people about the general election result that the turnout and subsequent rejection of FF would be massive

Expose the lot of them

It won't happen but if it did I am not leaving, I did that before as a result of other failed FF administrations (this is not the first time they have run the country into the ground) but this time I am staying. They might survive in Donegal (but I doubt it) but they will be wiped out in the next GE.

waterford

I will not leave (only part time and only because of the weather) and it will be no suprise if they win..

commonman

I left in '05. What a shame to see what is happening back home. One would think a General Election is what we need, but look at the opposition... just as incompetent... :eek:
stay where you are my friend .they will be makeing the film mad max 4 here next year :evil:

Pauli

Export the intelligent? Standard Fianna Fail policy. So it'd be busienss as usual then.

trekkypj

get the message, FF are well used to what the media say about them. The problem since the crash in 2008 has been the combined ABFF/Media determined efforts to make things much worse than they are
*sigh*

Why do you even bother. This is not about FF bashing, it's about holding this government to account for their ineptitude. And they have been inept. Nobody gives a ************************ about the whole party politic mud-slinging any more. They just want FF to depart the stage so the mess can be cleaned up.

NEWSFLASH: Things are as bad as they possible could be, unless war breaks out and we get caught in it. We are in the deep crap. We couldn't be any deeper if it were raining arses.

Frankly FF don't need any help either from the media, or the ABFF brigade. They did an admirable job all by themselves of ruining this country and bankrupting its citizens politically, morally and financially.

People are concentrating on the financial aspect but truth be told it's the utter lack of integrity which is the biggest loss. Because FF and its hardcore backers, like yourself, don't give a toss about anyone but yourselves.

It is hard not to believe, given recent Fianna Fáil utterances, that the party and its members assume that Ireland = Fianna Fáil and therefore they have some god given right to run it as a kleptocracy for their own benefit and that of their backers and supporters.

They don't. And that's why they will lose the by-elections and the inevitable general election that follows.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

They won't win it! But disgustingly, they will retain their 2 seats in my constituency - Galway West and that's from a blueshirt opinion poll, which shows that party haven't a hope of getting 2 seats here!

McEavelli

Using this stupid logic we could save a fortune by scrapping the Gardai and the legal system. Obviously there is no point in holding anyone accountable for anything if you can point to someone who MIGHT be just as bad.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies