IF IW was to bring down the government, what would you do to influence the next GE

Disillusioned democrat

FF and FG are busy telling anyone who will listen that "the people don't want IW to be an election issue".

Personally I'd suggest the IW fiasco and the established parties response is EXACTLY why we need an election, but admit that it's hard to imagine a clear outcome from a snap election unless there was a very clear message/mandate given to the politicians.

Indulge me for a while and consider what you would do to try to influence a snap election to give the candidates and more importantly the winners of the election a clear mandate to government for the next 5 years.

wombat

I suspect that after the first week, the question of water charges would fade, although FF could be vulnerable among country voters who pay for wells and septic tanks. I don't believe that housing will be a huge issue as most people have accomodation, just as most people have jobs. My guess is that income tax rates could become a bigger issue next time as the recovery in employment is more widespread than a year ago.

hollandia

FF and FG are busy telling anyone who will listen that "the people don't want IW to be an election issue".

Personally I'd suggest the IW fiasco and the established parties response is EXACTLY why we need an election, but admit that it's hard to imagine a clear outcome from a snap election unless there was a very clear message/mandate given to the politicians.

Indulge me for a while and consider what you would do to try to influence a snap election to give the candidates and more importantly the winners of the election a clear mandate to government for the next 5 years.
To be honest, the repeated failure to reform the guards is probably of more importance. I think its only one more scandal away from an election.

HarshBuzz

I'll vote for whoever promises me the most money. If that means FF, so be it.

hollandia

To be honest, the repeated failure to reform the guards is probably of more importance. I think its only one more scandal away from an election.
Appears I was wrong about that. That in itself is telling.

Disillusioned democrat

Appears I was wrong about that. That in itself is telling.
Ah - a month ago it was hard to imagine FG lining up to fete an incompetent and/or corrupt Garda Commissioner as often as they've had to - don't be too hard on yourself.

New Threads

Most Replies