• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

If Queen's knickers sell for £4,500 why not Dev's Y-fronts?

cyberianpan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
16,347
Website
www.google.com
Seeing as we're in the height of Polly silly season:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 533696.stm]BBC[/url]


Queen's bloomers sell for £4,500



A pair of bloomers that once belonged to Queen Victoria have been sold for £4,500 at an auction in Derby.

The knickers have a 50in (127cm) waist and date from the 1890s,

Auctioneer Charles Hanson said: "These pants, considering their provenance and pedigree, are very exciting.
Could you imagine an auction selling a pair of De Valera's Y-fronts ? How much would they get ?

What items of "Irish political heritage" would you like to see auctioned ?


cYp
 


storybud

Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
35
Balbriggan in North Dublin made stockings for the Queen

http://www.answers.com/topic/balbriggan

I cannot see these knickers been bought by an Irishman given her criminal past in relation to her Irish subjects ( she shit on them also in her pants)

Sad git who bought the pants from a fat bird while millions starved,
 

cyberianpan

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
16,347
Website
www.google.com
toxic avenger said:
taylorwemyss said:
HAHAHA :lol:

Why would someone buy an old pair of knickers that belonged to a very fat woman?
Only if they haven't been washed...

Cyberianpan is disturbed at this... he remembers that "used school girl knickers" are so popular in Japan that they were/are sold from vending machines ...

The concept that people might seek the same from their political/national heros is disturbing


CyP
 

polito123

Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
81
50 inches?? I hear Mary Harney was bidding on them :lol:
 

GDPR

1
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
217,846
We could trade over priced underwear to each other and tax it ! We could borrow vast sums of money to buy these undergarments once someone official issues a 'valuation'. Cue the next ten years of economic 'growth' ! :lol:

taylorwemyss said:
I still would not have bought them.
Hey you shouldnt' talk our new pants economy 'down' ;)
 

Squire Allworthy

Well-known member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
1,404
cyberianpan said:
Cyberianpan is disturbed at this... he remembers that "used school girl knickers" are so popular in Japan that they were/are sold from vending machines ...

The concept that people might seek the same from their political/national heros is disturbing
CyP

Japan is a seriously disturbing place. It is all a bit tasteless and tacky.
 

fool

Active member
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Messages
150
Dev wore boxers.

See chapters 8 - 12 of Ferriter.

Coogan claims Dev wore a thong, but his evidence was threadbare.
 

Christine Murray

Well-known member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
635
Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
I'd have bought Maud Gonne's petticoats- when vicky came to Dublin,
Gonne kept hanging out her black petticoat (on a broom handle)
to commemorate famine victims- and the peelers kept taking it down.

eventually the point was made- but sure the underwear is probably to dress
a fetish dummy or something unsalubrious
 

inchicore_republican

Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
670
Tony O'Reilly or John Bruton probbally bought the knickers as they are big fans of English royalty :lol:
 
G

Gimpanzee

inchicore_republican said:
Tony O'Reilly or John Bruton probbally bought the knickers as they are big fans of English royalty :lol:
So I take it by this logic that you'd like nothing better than a little sniff of Pearse's underpants?
 

katy brock

Active member
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
201
cyberianpan said:
Seeing as we're in the height of Polly silly season:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 533696.stm]BBC[/url]


Queen's bloomers sell for £4,500



A pair of bloomers that once belonged to Queen Victoria have been sold for £4,500 at an auction in Derby.

The knickers have a 50in (127cm) waist and date from the 1890s,

Auctioneer Charles Hanson said: "These pants, considering their provenance and pedigree, are very exciting.
Could you imagine an auction selling a pair of De Valera's Y-fronts ? How much would they get ?

What items of "Irish political heritage" would you like to see auctioned ?


cYp

Its a well known fact that Edward De Valera actually wore longjohns. He had them blessed every year by Archbishop McQuaid.




P.s. Rumour has it that Charlie Haughey wore a leopardskin posing pouch.
 

Socratus O' Pericles

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
32,871



Both children and adults will love this very special and endearing insight into a child's imagination, from the best-selling author-illustrator of Father Christmas Needs A Wee and Jesus' Christmas Party.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top