If Scotland secedes...

AberdeenFC

These are the same people who ridicule the Scottish National Football team, the Tartan Army, wear England shirts at Pittodrie and call themselves British only.

The same eejits who disgraced themselves in Manchester - w@nkers the lot of them.

polito123

You haven't met the ones from Belfast have you?? :lol:

Went to a Sunderland and Villa game last year and made the mistake of travelling on the same ferry as the Rangers scum from NI-Not a pleasant trip.

polito123

AberdeenFC said:
They're all sprigs off the same rotten tree.
Yip! Couldn't agree more! As a Scot, what are the chances of Scotland gaining independence and would it be wanted by most Scottish people?? Was in Edinburgh recently and went to the castle, couldn't believe how pro-British it is, I didn't like it, thought it would have been centred on scottish culture, not British culture!

AberdeenFC

Edinburgh is not the most Scottish of cities in the country has to be said. I think they make the most of the military tradition in the empire days. I object to it too and the UJ flying from the highest pole.
Yer better going to the highlands, Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow etc.. to get real Scottish culture. You don't see too many UJ's outside of Edinburgh.

But I believe we are on the slow road to independence. I think two years is optimistic (ala SNP referendum) but Tory Govt in London may have a boosting effect.

The deomgraphics tend to play out that the younger generations tend to support independence and fail to see the relevance of the British union. The older generation are too scared to make the jump and have believed the unionist bull for too long on the whole.

There is a view prevailing though, that the current Scottish parliament will get more powers and that independence will follow at somepoint thereafter i.e. there is an air of inevitability about it.

I would say perhaps 5-10 years rather than two, but I would vote yes tomorrow, if there was a referendum on independence now.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
LTGuy said:
Aindriu said:
LTGuy said:
florin said:
...should Northern Ireland go with it?

Both sides can claim a greater historical and cultural affinity with Scotland than with England or Wales. NI would have 1/4 the population of the new state, as opposed to its tininess in the current UK.
What makes you think the Scotch would want that dump aka black hole in their midst? :shock:
Scotch is a drink. You mean Scots.
Scotch is also an adjective, thus by employing the article ("the Scotch") you can substantivize it. The Scotch = the Scots ;)
Scotch as an adjective or noun still refers to whisky.
Therefore, and not for the first time, you're wrong.

merle haggard

[quote="Jargongrad"

The reality is, if Scotland became independent and the Union collapsed Dublin would have more power than ever over the future of the north
no it wouldnt . The union would still exist except without scotland in it . What on earth are you on about Dublin for ?

and England would probably try and find an agreement with Dublin about the future of the north.
they already have done , the constitutional issue is fully settled as far as both governemnts are concerned . What makes you think the dublin government have any interest in taking over the north under any circumstances ?

Unionists and Ulster-Scots would no doubt be left in turmoil if the Union ended, as what would they now be believing in? A Union that is confined to the history books?
they would still be in the union . How on earth does scottish secession affect the unionist veto in Ireland or the terms of the GFA which doesnt say the word scotland once ?

The collapse of the Union furthers the hopes of a United Ireland in my opinion but it also furthers the possibility of bloodshed in the six counties
[/quote]

your opinion isnt based upon any factual ,constitutional , political or logical basis im afraid

stopthetrain

florin said:
...should Northern Ireland go with it?

Both sides can claim a greater historical and cultural affinity with Scotland than with England or Wales. NI would have 1/4 the population of the new state, as opposed to its tininess in the current UK.

Its left for the people of the north which i presume most of them are not ready at the moment like the SNP in scotland. :|

merle haggard

polito123 said:

Went to a Sunderland and Villa game last year and made the mistake of travelling on the same ferry as the Rangers scum from NI-Not a pleasant trip.
travelled on that journey a number of times in the company of rangers supporters from the north . Deeply vile and unpleasant would be my take on it . Hours of endless bloodcurdling incitement to hatred and murder at the top of their lungs . They should simply be banned from travelling on that ferry , its wholly unacceptable to expect passengers to sit through that type of dark sectarian hatred being bellowed out the entire journey . Wouldnt be tolerated for a second anywhere else . If they sang the sash it wouldnt be so bad but their endless chants and rants are just foul and highly intimidating , and non stop .

ArtyQueing

merle haggard said:
polito123 said:

travelled on that journey a number of times in the company of rangers supporters from the north . Deeply vile and unpleasant would be my take on it . Hours of endless bloodcurdling incitement to hatred and murder at the top of their lungs . They should simply be banned from travelling on that ferry , its wholly unacceptable to expect passengers to sit through that type of dark sectarian hatred being bellowed out the entire journey . Wouldnt be tolerated for a second anywhere else . If they sang the sash it wouldnt be so bad but their endless chants and rants are just foul and highly intimidating , and non stop .
Go from Larne - I think they are banned from P&O - will ask the brother as he worked for P&O

cgcsb

today, the SNP won the by election in east Glasgow, a former labour stronghold. I have no doubt that the SNP will become the majority party eventually

Pod

Its true most Catholics voted Labour, but the very reason they lost the by election is that the Fenians are singing from a different song sheet now. Also Catholics from the Highlands form a different demographic group than the Paddy imports. ;)

louis bernard

merle haggard said:
polito123 said:

They are simply the most retarded scum on the planet; you have to remember they are the same people who attacked small children trying to go to school a few years back. People in other parts of the world were deeply shocked when they seen the images on TV.

polito123

louis bernard said:
[quote="merle haggard":21glc6uc]
polito123 said:

They are simply the most retarded scum on the planet; you have to remember they are the same people who attacked small children trying to go to school a few years back. People in other parts of the world were deeply shocked when they seen the images on TV.[/quote:21glc6uc]

Yeah but those kids were Catholic and their parents, they were Catholic too, so in NI and in the Loyalist mind, this was an act of protectionism against the evil Catholic kids who threatened to destroy their Britishness. Can't explain the hatred I have for these evil bigots (Yes, I'm probably bigoted too) but they give Rangers a bad name, and my that is saying something :lol:

louis bernard

polito123 said:
louis bernard said:
[quote="merle haggard":kh77j66d]
polito123 said:

They are simply the most retarded scum on the planet; you have to remember they are the same people who attacked small children trying to go to school a few years back. People in other parts of the world were deeply shocked when they seen the images on TV.
Yeah but those kids were Catholic and their parents, they were Catholic too, so in NI and in the Loyalist mind, this was an act of protectionism against the evil Catholic kids who threatened to destroy their Britishness. Can't explain the hatred I have for these evil bigots (Yes, I'm probably bigoted too) but they give Rangers a bad name, and my that is saying something :lol:[/quote:kh77j66d]

They really don’t have to worry about their “Britishness” the average English person regards them as just a particularly odious type of Paddy.

L.O. Dublin S.C.

DT123

Nicola Sturgeon says that a new referendum is very likely. Well done to the DUP on that result.
:)
Scotland can do what it wants.

You seem to dismiss the fact that 40% of scots voted for Brexit.

When combined with the rest of the UK they've decided to leave. Suck it up.

hollandia

Scotland can do what it wants.

You seem to dismiss the fact that 40% of scots voted for Brexit.

When combined with the rest of the UK they've decided to leave. Suck it up.
that means 60% didn't. And, it is likely that of the 60% around 15% of that 60% did not vote for Scottish independence as they were threatened with not being in the EU if they voted to leave the UK! Well done again on showing that they truly were Better Together... (or that england is and always will be perfidious albion...)

Sword of Gideon

Scotland will need to be in the EU if it leaves the UK, especially if the Shetlands decide to leave Scotland and remain in the UK taking the North Sea oil rights with them.
They would be the poorest country in the EU.
All the fears republicans put forward about movement of people and goods between NI and RoI will apply not only to NI/Scotland but to England/Scotland, making it a nightmare for movement of goods between Scotland the rest of the EU, or do republicans think this will not happen?

Popular Threads

Most Replies