If SF and their supporters were an English league team.

GDPR

If SF and their supporters were an English league team.

My tuppence;

SF; and without any doubt, a cross between Millwall & the Wimbleton of old. They have all the attitude and class for it. Not for the purest, fact is it's hardly football at all, but can go a bomb when playing to strengths.

FF; at the moment probably Manchester United. Hugely successful, but still not out of troubled times and draw support from all quarters.

FG; a pre Wenger Arsenal. Shockingly boring, but great believers in the righteousness of boring. An acquired taste that yet you have to be born to. Odd bunch.

Labour; Sunderland, but without the success.

Greens; The Hove part of Brighton & Hove. No one thinks of them, but they're still there anyway.

PBP & SP; Hamilton Academical reserves, find themselves in the wrong country, but have applied to Russia for league status.

Alternative lists welcome.

rainmaker

Administrator
Greens; The Hove part of Brighton & Hove. No one thinks of them, but they're still there anyway.
Wrong, very wrong and I'm not sure where you even get that idea from - the fans would be livid at your sneering ignorance as well. For a start Hove hasbeen the home of BHA for most of it's existence, and most of it's cherished history.

It probably still would be today if the club and fans hadn't been stabbed in the back by unscrupulous owners - and the fan campaign that started had the support & respect of great numbers of other clubs fans & associations.

If you're going to make clumsy analogies, at least try and make accurate ones.

GDPR

Wrong, very wrong and I'm not sure where you even get that idea from - the fans would be livid at your sneering ignorance as well. For a start Hove hasbeen the home of BHA for most of it's existence, and most of it's cherished history.

It probably still would be today if the club and fans hadn't been stabbed in the back by unscrupulous owners - and the fan campaign that started had the support & respect of great numbers of other clubs fans & associations.

Do try not to be so touchy, apart from SF it was top of the head stuff, but SF really are Millwall. I'm sure Hove is a lovely place.

GDPR

When people say that English have no sense of humour I have always strongly disagreed with them; but in your case that seems to be true. I found the OP- though I don't share his negative views on the Shinners- to be incredibly witty.

rainmaker

Administrator
When people say that English have no sense of humour I have always strongly disagreed with them; but in your case that seems to be true. I found the OP- though I don't share his negative views on the Shinners- to be incredibly witty.
You would - this is in the chat section by the way, not the humour section.

Erudite Caveman

LOL, love the way football provokes a more visceral response than politics even on a politics site

rainmaker

Administrator
Do try not to be so touchy, apart from SF it was top of the head stuff, but SF really are Millwall.
Well both have a dubious past connected with a violent element & have both made great strides to put that behind them.

One has been arguably more successful than the other though - I'll let the reader be the judge there.

PBP voter

Labour would be more Spurs.

Just when you feel they are about to make a breakthrough they sell their principals/best players respectively and they go back to where they started.

Slightly out of sync of course.

Spurs are currently at where Lab where in 2011.

hollandia

Who is leicester then - UKIP? Burned brightly for one season then faded back into obscurity when they changed their manager?

Erudite Caveman

FG - Man City Out of the shadow of their rivals, now finally getting their day in the sun. Supporters have big hopes for the bright shiny foreign guy in the hot seat.

FF - Man Utd. Shadow of their former all-conquering selves.

SF - Rangers. More loathed than loved, despite what their supporters think. Successful north of the border, but despite their best attempts they cannot get approval from the others to join them at the top table down south, leaving them as a the second biggest fish in a small pond.

Labour - Newcastle United. Barcelona of the North. The Frankfurt of Ireland. Full of sh1t. Every now and again build up a head of steam then fall away for a decade or two and have to live on the scraps of their local derby victories over far lefties. Owned by a great big bloated parasite, responsible for screwing over countless workers, although in SIPTU's case it is all in the name of more cash for their public sector members.

Greens - Spurs. Just to piss Tonic off. And because they are just far too nice for their own good.

PBP & SP - FC United Of Manchester. Although the 'United' bit is very unlikely.

Last edited:

between the bridges

S************************horpe....

automaticforthepeople

FF would be managed by Harry Rednapp, SF would get 10 men behind the ball and would still concede own goals, Fine Gael would get players from abroad and pay them at home through an agent while Labour would be the PFA.

razorblade

You must have way too much time on your hands comparing political parties to football teams like seriously.

Fullforward

It's SOCCER..............

[video=youtube;zKqkRm0K7oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqkRm0K7oc[/video]

Fullforward

FF would be managed by Harry Rednapp, SF would get 10 men behind the ball and would still concede own goals, Fine Gael would get players from abroad and pay them at home through an agent while Labour would be the PFA.
Fianna Fail would steal the ball

Fine Gael would give the ball to Germany and charge the Irish Taxpayer for the loss of the ball

Labour would surrender

Lord Talbot

SF are West Ham. They'll never win anything but they're happy enough just beating their local rivals.

FG are Arsenal. Workmanlike, but a habit of throwing away the lead.

FF are Man Utd. Formerly dominant, hated by all.

Labour are Liverpool. They were good in the 80s.

DUP are Leicester. Usually irrelevant nationally but freak results happen.

SDLP are Bournemouth. Their fanbase is more interested in bingo.

UUP are Aston Villa. Dreaming of the past, wishing away the present.

Alliance are Everton. They like to think they're a big club but.. cmon.

Most Replies