• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

If these are the people making the rules, no wonder we're fooked

Disillusioned democrat

Thank God we're in an era of new politics.

Commission defends

Fianna Fáil’s Brian O’Dómhnaill has led SIPO a merry dance, costing the tax payer €300k.

One thing I don't understand - if he lost the High Court challenges why didn't he have to pay costs?

Even in this new era it would seem FF politicians don't give a fook where the money comes from.

The Field Marshal

This is another Irish language fanatic abusing the constitution.

Brian ODomhnaill is quite happy to continously squander Irish taxpayers money to satisfy his Taliban like zeal for the Irish language.

Time now to end this absolute right to have everything translated or conducted in Irish that has destroyed the image of the Irish language and costs the state a small fortune.

I am very much a lover of the Irish language and see it as an importent element of our culture but these abuses are frequent and costly.

Such rights to have matters conducted in Irish should be determined by a commissioner and never the courts.

The problem is the constitution which needs revision in this matter.

Last edited:

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Thank God we're in an era of new politics.

Commission defends

Fianna Fáil’s Brian O’Dómhnaill has led SIPO a merry dance, costing the tax payer €300k.

One thing I don't understand - if he lost the High Court challenges why didn't he have to pay costs?
From the same article:
A Sipo spokesman said the body had won its claim for costs so the majority of the monies would be returned to the exchequer.

Even in this new era it would seem FF politicians don't give a fook where the money comes from.
It's not a new era tho, is it? No more than the modern FF party are no different to the same party that bankrupted this nation and condemned future generations to paying it's debts.

Never mind SIPO, they're doing their job, why hasn't the FF party ejected this man after losing the in the courts? In the UK expenses scandal people were forced to resign, and multiple people were jailed. In Ireland....this farce!

The United Kingdom parliamentary expenses scandal was a major political scandal that emerged in 2009, concerning expenses claims made by members of the United Kingdom Parliament over the previous years.[1] The disclosure of widespread misuse of allowances and expenses permitted to Members of Parliament (MPs) aroused widespread anger among the UK public and resulted in a large number of resignations, sackings, de-selections and retirement announcements together with public apologies and the repayment of expenses. Several members or former members of the House of Commons, and members of the House of Lords, were prosecuted and sentenced to terms of imprisonment.

hammer

"A Sipo spokesman said the body had won its claim for costs so the majority of the monies would be returned to the exchequer"

Will Mehole have to cover it out of leaders allowance :)

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
I've just read this....who made the decision to 'go' on this, is there anyone we can actually look at and or read about their mental stability?

THE STANDARDS IN Public Office (Sipo) Commission has spent almost €300,000 to question expenses in the region of €2,000.

ger12

I've just read this....who made the decision to 'go' on this, is there anyone we can actually look at and or read about their mental stability?

THE STANDARDS IN Public Office (Sipo) Commission has spent almost €300,000 to question expenses in the region of €2,000.

"As a result, he missed two events of note – one with free Guinness and oysters AND a dinner on a tall ship"
A missed opportunity for Guinness and oysters that got lost in translation

SIPO need to be looked at.

The missed the end of one meeting "

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies