If you are neither nationalist or Unionst?

SevenStars

fluffy you are a Unionist whether you admit it or not.

fluffykontbiscuits

Still think he's a girl though.

btw, I concur with you on the hun description:lol:
Fancy meeting for a pint then? If yer six foot, built in any way like John Hayes then Im slipping rohypnol into your pint! Besides what straight bloke uses the word honey! Im beginning to think SS this guy is turning my way, must tell Roll On......!

fluffykontbiscuits

I sit on the fence in relation to nationalism/unionism Im a believer in keeping self appointed nationalist who claim to represent this islands views in check by challenging (usually in the worst way possible) their POV's

Mickeymac

Fancy meeting for a pint then? If yer six foot, built in any way like John Hayes then Im slipping rohypnol into your pint! Besides what straight bloke uses the word honey! Im beginning to think SS this guy is turning my way, must tell Roll On......!

Some girls accept being called honey, where I come from, the ones who don't react quite aggressively:lol::lol::lol:

Antrim

This could have been a really interesting thread. It’s a pity it got de-railed before it even got going.

Evergreenfinch

Northern Irish can be Nationalist or Unionist. You’re Northern Irish if you’re from the six counties of Northern Ireland.

Welcome to the forum. :)
Thank you Antrim, hopefully I will hang around for a bit. I would lean more to the Unionist side than the Nationalist side, but would prefer to call myself Northern Irish than British. British and Irish can be deemed divisive by some, suppose Northern Irish can too, but I think that term is less divisive.

DerryBee

I do not know if I could honestly describe myself as a Unionist or a Nationalist because I am not an avid advocate of either political perspective: my family have a very mixed religious and political background and I guess I would like to describe myself as relatively neutral and open to other people's political views.

However, in saying this I am very proud to be from Northern Ireland; I think of myself as Northern Irish and that I live in a beautiful country and a beautiful island. I do not feel threatened or fearful of Unionism or Nationalism: I can appreciate and respect the differing political viewpoints represented by the two great political monoliths of Irish history and politics and I have a very keen interest in both political and cultural traditions...:D

I guess I would like to think of myself as middle of the road. I know that some people say that this is not possible but I do not agree with that view...:oops:

Antrim

The other choice is Patriotism.

Irish Nationalism and Unionist Nationalism are divisive because they only allow a future on their terms.

The one thing we have in-common is a love for our counties. Both sides love the six counties of Northern Ireland but they want them to be part of a larger bodies.

Northern Irish Patriots love the six counties but they have no preconditions that you must do certain things in order to be Northern Irish.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies