If you cant beat them join them...

fluffykontbiscuits

For a long while now I have advocated having a joint Orange/Green parade on July 12th in which the lodges can play their music and march and the Nationalists march along side them. Lets tear down the barriers and join in the party. Screw the riots, screw the violence lets just turn it into one big bloody session. The nationalists could have tricolours, statues of St Patrick etc. whatever they feel is appropriate to represent them.As Carlsberg said, where is there is option a and b, there is always option C.....

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
Considering the state some of posters got into over the Swatragh GAA helping the local CoI parish i doubt this will go down well.

former wesleyan

For a long while now I have advocated having a joint Orange/Green parade on July 12th in which the lodges can play their music and march and the Nationalists march along side them. Lets tear down the barriers and join in the party. Screw the riots, screw the violence lets just turn it into one big bloody session. The nationalists could have tricolours, statues of St Patrick etc. whatever they feel is appropriate to represent them.As Carlsberg said, where is there is option a and b, there is always option C.....
Hear hear ! I've always thought that half a dozen Lambeg drummers across the pitch at Ireland - All Black games would neutralise that Haka rubbish. The AOH could dig out and dust off their old Lambegs.

Xiogenes

Billy Connolly did a routine about joining in on the march many years ago..brilliant.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
A few little problems, doesn't the Orange Order rules* forbid membership of Catholics and therefore cannot participate with them in their marches? Do you also expect the nationalists of the Falls, Bogside etc to cheer on flute bands and banners carrying the insignia of the UVF, UFF, LVF etc who murdered family members, friends, relations etc ? I see your also from Dublin, I suppose you had no objection to the 'LoveUlster' parade carrying photos of loyalist killers, one of whom was named as being invovled in the Dublin bombings 1974 ?

Where the f*** do they get idiots like you ??:roll: God knows I cann't blame nationalists from the six counties getting p!ssed off with the " Free Staters " at times :roll:

*Constitution, Laws and Ordinances of the Loyal Orange Institution of Ireland" (1967) state, "No person who at any time has been a Roman Catholic … shall be admitted into the Institution"

fluffykontbiscuits

A few little problems, doesn't the Orange Order rules* forbid membership of Catholics and therefore cannot participate with them in their marches? Do you also expect the nationalists of the Falls, Bogside etc to cheer on flute bands and banners carrying the insignia of the UVF, UFF, LVF etc who murdered family members, friends, relations etc ? I see your also from Dublin, I suppose you had no objection to the 'LoveUlster' parade carrying photos of loyalist killers, one of whom was named as being invovled in the Dublin bombings 1974 ?

Where the f*** do they get idiots like you ??:roll: God knows I cann't blame nationalists from the six counties getting p!ssed off with the " Free Staters " at times :roll:

*Constitution, Laws and Ordinances of the Loyal Orange Institution of Ireland" (1967) state, "No person who at any time has been a Roman Catholic … shall be admitted into the Institution"

Where did I say we join an orange lodge, re read what I posted will you before making ill judged comments. If you keep up this tit for tat rubbish with "he said this,she said that", that sounds like something that would go on in the playground. Put your hatred behind you ...

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

Hugs mate

British Citizen

Was he ever arrested, charged or convicted??

Sinn Fein revisionism and black propaganda at it's best.....

kerdasi amaq

I think I'd prefer it if they did their marching in Scotland, or better yet, Holland!

former wesleyan

British Citizen

Remind me again how Unionism got around that wee problem... ah yes... internment...... that was it.
Was he ever arrested, charged or convicted of involvement in Dublin/Monaghan?

Simple question.

former wesleyan

Was he ever arrested, charged or convicted of involvement in Dublin/Monaghan?

Simple question.
And the equally simple answer is that being arrested , charged and convicted for anything never meant anything in Northern Ireland. Names circulated by everyone from the RUC to the IRA were on the basis of " know but can't prove "

British Citizen

And the equally simple answer is that being arrested , charged and convicted for anything never meant anything in Northern Ireland. Names circulated by everyone from the RUC to the IRA were on the basis of " know but can't prove "
I don't think that's how the law sees it.

Many people believe Pat Finucane was a senior IRA man (the evidence certainly points to it) yet if I were to say that I'd have the p.ie Nationalist troll team on my back within seconds.

rubensni

Goldencircle

Hey BC I take it that graph is actually your blood pressure, yeah ?

British Citizen

LeDroit

We have a celebrity in our midst. Rodney King step forward! Can't we all just get along?

If Cael and BC are up for this then it might be a runner. Otherwise, its as you were gentlemen!

fluffykontbiscuits

Time to revive this old chestnut again, saw a few posts about the marching season. Well its four months away so joint marches?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies