If You See Islam As A Big Problem, What Is Your Solution?

maxflinn

Based on the various discussions about Muslim immigration and so-called 'Islamic terrorism' we've had on here of late I notice a trend amongst many members, which is to blame the religion of Islam for said Islamic terrorism.

I'm starting this thread so that those members here, of which there are many, who see Islam as a major problem in today's world, can put forward their suggestions as to what can be done about it.

So, what do you folk who continually declare the religion of Islam to be a big problem think ought to be done, what is your solution?

Last edited:

Spanner Island

I wouldn't be too optimistic about this thread producing any realistic solutions tbh... but good luck with it anyway.

maxflinn

I wouldn't be too optimistic about this thread producing any realistic solutions tbh... but good luck with it anyway.
I agree, but I'm curious to know what ideas certain people may have, if any, beyond just criticism of Islam.

Hopefully some might put forward a few.

Ireniall

One of the reasons that a plane was never targeted during the troubles in the north is that it would be totally unacceptable to the people who supported the terrorists. This is primarily influenced by the general surrounding culture in which these supporters live. It is in this way that Islam in general is the problem and it seems clear that where you have Islam you will have this disaffected minority which the surrounding Islamic culture is not designed to discourage. Immigration from Islamic countries should be stopped as a matter of urgency and social welfare for those with more than three kids should be stopped entirely.

Half Nelson

I have no problem with Muslims and I know many of them are wonderful people.

But I have a problem with aspects of Islam, especially the concept of Sharia Law as a part of the State legal system.

The idea that Sharia Law should rule society provides some Muslims with the motivation to act in ways that they believe will hasten its introduction. Sharia Law becomes a wellspring of ideals and actions that stretch from control of women, to Sharia courts, to terrorism.

To counter this, the State should make it abundantly clear that Sharia Law will not, now or ever, be entertained as a part of its justice or legal systems.

The State should act to outlaw any and all promotion of Sharia Law, including, if needs be, putting the question to the people in a referendum.

roc_

An emphatic demand to Islamic religious and political leadership that they change course to end the glorification of the jihad culture, hate education and to take responsibility for creating a culture of terror.

An emphatic demand to end the paranoia against the West and the centuries long breeding of millions of Muslim young men believing that honour, glory and love of religion means dying for the sake of Allah in martyrdom operations against perceived enemies of Islam.

Pretty simple. And end the current prevarication and appeasement in this regard.

PS Of course, while nearly all schools of Islamic law teach jihad and the subjugation of unbelievers, that doesn’t mean that every Muslim follows those teachings, any more than the fact that the Catholic Church teaches against contraception means that every Catholic opposes contraception. There is a spectrum of belief, knowledge, and fervor among Muslims as there is among believers in every belief system, religious or not.

But this does not mean that the violent, authoritarian, aggressive and supremacist program of jihad that is codified in Islamic doctrine should not be emphatically faced down by the rest of the world. The facts about what Islam teaches are sufficiently clear.

Last edited:

benroe

If You See Islam As A Big Problem, What Is Your Solution?

Keep pointing out the stupidity of religion through insult and ridicule.
And be alert, the world needs lerts.

former wesleyan

Based on the various discussions about Muslim immigration and so-called 'Islamic terrorism' we've had on here of late I notice a trend amongst many members, which is to blame the religion of Islam for said Islamic terrorism.

I'm starting this thread so that those members here, of which there are many, who see Islam as a major problem in today's world, can put forward their suggestions as to what can be done about it.

So, what do you folk who continually declare the religion of Islam to be a big problem think ought to be done, what is your solution?
Why not do those Islamists who openly declare that Islam is their motivation, the favour of accepting what they say at face value ? And then apply sensible laws against hate speech ; which is easily defined as speech which has been known to have led to violence against either the state or individuals.

EUrJokingMeRight

Education. And let's be honest, it's about time all 'believers' of all 'religions' were shown a better way. A mirror would be a good place to start.

roc_

Or, Bertrand Russell pointed out that imbuing capitalistic impulses would be better for the world:

"... Rivalry is a much stronger motive. Over and over again in Mohammedan history, dynasties have come to grief because the sons of a sultan by different mothers could not agree, and in the resulting civil war universal ruin resulted... The world would be a happier place than it is if acquisitiveness were always stronger than rivalry. But in fact, a great many men will cheerfully face impoverishment if they can thereby secure complete ruin for their rivals..." (Bertrand Russell)

edifice.

Stop fu#king up their countries to control their natural resources.

roc_

One final observation about Islam, from before the time of "US imperialism" and before even the very existence of modern Israel (which I know Maxflinn and other idiots want to posit is actually the problem, following the call of those who lead them by the nose.)

"... Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property (either as a child, a wife, or a concubine) must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science (the science against which it had vainly struggled) the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome." (Winston Churchill, The River War, Vol. 2)

former wesleyan

Stop fu#king up their countries to control their natural resources.
You might be surprised to hear this but natural resources are paid for in hard currency. That's after they're extracted using technology that's given freely.

edifice.

One final observation about Islam, from before the time of "US imperialism" and before even the very existence of modern Israel (which I know Maxflinn and other idiots want to posit is actually the problem, following the call of those who lead them by the nose.)

"... Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property (either as a child, a wife, or a concubine) must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science (the science against which it had vainly struggled) the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome." (Winston Churchill, The River War, Vol. 2)
Hussein, Gadaffi and Assad had no problem containing extremism in their countries and said countries enjoyed a modern and productive living. Perhaps we should simply accept that it takes an Arab mindset to deal with such extremism and not some Western boardroom imperialist like John McCain or Hilary Clinton.

Lúidín

Ending state support for religions would be a good start and even better would be a campaign to oppose their anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-decency propaganda.

All religions are hateful but Islam is more hateful then the rest.

edifice.

You might be surprised to hear this but natural resources are paid for in hard currency. That's after they're extracted using technology that's given freely.
Nothing surprises me where your excuse making is concerned.

ne0ica

Time to call a spade a spade. Its not back African Pentecostals or Thai Buddhists who pose a National security treat to the West. Restrict Muslim immigration. Muslims can do their thing in Muslim majority countries.

former wesleyan

Nothing surprises me where your excuse making is concerned.
I've worked in the oilfields so I know whereof I speak. What is your experience that would contradict it ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies