If you were to leave Ireland tomorrow, where would you go?

Website
www.myspace.com
I've been pondering a move to faraway hills. I'm just not sure which ones are greener. I know that I would like to find somewhere that has excellent public transport, clean air, a good education system (including physical education), a high standard of living and friendly people. Any suggestions?
P.S. I'm looking forward to all the smart answers that will inevitably pop up so I'll leave the door swinging rather than shutting it on my way out! ;)

johnfás

London, plenty of oppertunities in regard to the line of work I plan on entering.

On a more normative basis, I'd live in Africa. I can't get enough of that continent... I'm not sure that vast tracts of the continent would meet your requirement for a good education system and high standard of living though. It would go above and beyond in regard to clean air and friendly people though! :D

fergalr

Britain, maybe. Adventurous, I know.

Munion

Venezuala is a modern utopia according to some.

Personally i'd goto Canada.

Website
www.myspace.com
EoinMn said:
Berlin.

Germany is an underrated country.
I've been to Berlin and I love it. I totally agree with you that Germany is underrated. My only problem with Germany, however, is its proximity to Russia and the amount of American bases there. I may sound paranoid but I strongly feel that there is trouble brewing there

johnfás

Munion said:
Venezuala is a modern utopia according to some.

Personally i'd goto Canada.
I have cousins who live in Victoria, BC. Lovely part of the world, but don't think I could live there. They spend most of the time outlining why they aren't America :lol:.

Roy Walsh

I lived in the Netherlands for some time, honestly has all you are looking for, so has Switzerland and, though the most boring country(ies) on the planet, Belgium has 1600 types of beer, great for physical ed.
Politically though you might try Russia, strong single minded government and no opposition.

Citizen

Re: If you were to leave Ireland tomorrow, where would you g

floatingingalway said:
I've been pondering a move to faraway hills. I'm just not sure which ones are greener. I know that I would like to find somewhere that has excellent public transport, clean air, a good education system (including physical education), a high standard of living and friendly people. Any suggestions?
P.S. I'm looking forward to all the smart answers that will inevitably pop up so I'll leave the door swinging rather than shutting it on my way out! ;)
You will find all of the above without leaving the island you are on. Just a question of finding the right corner for yourself.

fergalr

Austria's incredibly beautiful, Vienna is a gem and the people are lovely. That'd be my continental choice.
Failing that, Manhattan. Words can't describe how amazing that island is.

Website
www.myspace.com
Re: If you were to leave Ireland tomorrow, where would you g

Citizen said:
floatingingalway said:
You will find all of the above without leaving the island you are on. Just a question of finding the right corner for yourself.
I agree we have clean air and friendly people but I genuinely am depressed by the lack of public transport, the terrible lack of physical education in the secondary schools, the dangers of walking alone for myself and my daughter and the damn hard graft that is required to maintain a decent standard of living.

fergalr

So do we!

riven

East
Germany and then further afield

Fir Bolg

C. MacConaglaigh said:
Santiago de Compostela in Galicia!! Unreal Place, friendly people, great lifestyle!!!!
Seconded. Galicia in general is a great part of the world.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
EoinMn said:
Berlin.

Germany is an underrated country.
I agree Germany is underrated, but for me this would just be a fantasy because I'm not leaving anytime soon, so I'll say Trinidad & Tobago.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies