• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

"I'll just go and brush me teeth, will I, love?"

ShoutingIsLeadership

I just spotted this on the Irish Times website:

Romantic secrets of over-60s sought for research - The Irish Times - Mon, Jan 28, 2013

Some research is being done into the love lives of over 60s.

Volunteers are being sought for a study of the love life of older people in Ireland.

The research, being carried out at NUI Galway by doctoral student Kate Burke, will examine romantic relationships of people over 60. Participants should also either be in a relationship or have been in one in the past 10 years.

Ms Burke, a trainee clinical psychologist, is carrying out her research under the supervision of psychology lecturer Dr Michael Hogan.

“Older adults are largely neglected when it comes to this kind of research,” Ms Burke said. “However, I think older people have a lot of experience and can offer a different perspective that younger people can’t.”

So that they might have a helping hand (not the hand some of the people around here consider to be a love life), perhaps people might care to share details of their love lives.

We’re all strangers here, so why not talk about one of those things that a lot of us did at one point in time, or will do in the future?

No filth and no pictures please, let's just have a chat about the ups and downs of relationships. Maybe some of you might even have some hints about how to make relationships work, for us younger guys :)

[this thread might bomb!]

meriwether

I like the title.

Reminds me of the old joke:

-Elderly Wife shouts form the bedroom 'Run up stairs and make love to me'
-Husaband responds 'Its one or the other'.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Jeez a few years to go before 50 never mind 60+

statsman

I just spotted this on the Irish Times website:

Romantic secrets of over-60s sought for research - The Irish Times - Mon, Jan 28, 2013

Some research is being done into the love lives of over 60s.

So that they might have a helping hand (not the hand some of the people around here consider to be a love life), perhaps people might care to share details of their love lives.

We’re all strangers here, so why not talk about one of those things that a lot of us did at one point in time, or will do in the future?

No filth and no pictures please, let's just have a chat about the ups and downs of relationships. Maybe some of you might even have some hints about how to make relationships work, for us younger guys :)

[this thread might bomb!]
Don't brush them, take them out.

drummed

Wait till Hitch 22 sees this. He has all the answers to romantic problems.
Well, he'll have videos and books for us anyway.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
My parents are in this category. Honestly don't now why my father is still happily married.
He's staying with me for few weeks as he has work in Dublin and he hasn't one good word to say about my mother.
It's almost funny, he complains so much about her but at the same time after 40 years together he couldn't function without her.
If he didn't have her to complain about his life would serve no purpose.

He loves the freedom of being away but really he can't wait to get back. I don't have spuds on the boil when he get's home from work.

statsman

Will till Hitch 22 sees this. He has all the answers to romantic problems.
Well, he'll have videos and books for us anyway.
They're all very educational, aren't they?

drummed

They're all very educational, aren't they?
Thankfully i've never been so bored as to watch/read. Considering how many women he's seducing its surprising he has any time for posting. There may be a lesson for us in that.

statsman

Thankfully i've never been so bored as to watch/read. Considering how many women he's seducing its surprising he has any time for posting. There may be a lesson for us in that.
I imagine he posts one-handed.

EUrJokingMeRight

WOW, page two and still no 69 jokes! Too late!

ShoutingIsLeadership

My parents are in this category. Honestly don't now why my father is still happily married.
He's staying with me for few weeks as he has work in Dublin and he hasn't one good word to say about my mother.
It's almost funny, he complains so much about her but at the same time after 40 years together he couldn't function without her.
If he didn't have her to complain about his life would serve no purpose.

He loves the freedom of being away but really he can't wait to get back. I don't have spuds on the boil when he get's home from work.
My mother still bad-mouths my dad. And he's dead. She bad-mouths him to keep him alive, I think.

EUrJokingMeRight

I know of a few seniors that regularly pop some performance enhancing pills....got to love that kind of earnestness in fighting declining physical ability! They're well delighted by all accounts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies