Illegal migrants employed to campaign for 'No' in referendum

gleeful

The London Times is running a story about a band of foreign nationals who are attempting to enter Ireland under the false guise of being 'journalists'. They intend to raise money and campaign here for a 'No' vote in the referendum.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-anti-abortion-group-will-knock-on-irish-doors-62p0wz72w

Entering the country under false pretexts to engage in work is illegal and these people can be deported. Does the 'No' campaign know about this?

amist4

The London Times is running a story about a band of foreign nationals who are attempting to enter Ireland under the false guise of being 'journalists'. They intend to raise money and campaign here for a 'No' vote in the referendum.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-anti-abortion-group-will-knock-on-irish-doors-62p0wz72w

Entering the country under false pretexts to engage in work is illegal and these people can be deported. Does the 'No' campaign know about this?
We’re all in on it.

Zoo.

ruserious

I assume you reported it to the DOJ and the referendum commission before starting your thread on politics.ie.

Lagertha

It's as simple as this, don't open the door. I never answer the door to anyone I don't know. I know how I'm voting and I don't need to discuss it with a random stranger on my doorstep.

ruserious

By the way, the thread title is misleading.

1) They are not illegal. They aren't even here yet to have any immigration status assigned to them.
2) They are not migrants. Migrant is a long term immigration term.

brughahaha

zoo ..second bullsh!t Yes campaign thread today

KEYHOLE KATE

They are pretending to visit the other island for the royal wedding and will then sneak in here while the Garda Siochana isn't looking. Fiendishly clever!

Wascurito

That ICBR (the I stands for 'Irish') bunch that are picketing all over the place seem to be all British or South Africans, going by the accents in their videos.

Beachcomber

First you say that they are being employed:
Illegal migrants employed to campaign for 'No' in referendum
and then you ask:
Does the 'No' campaign know about this?

If the no campaign hasn't employed them, then who is employing them?

It's your claim that someone is employing them, but you don't seem to know who is employing them.

Sync

By the way, the thread title is misleading.

1) They are not illegal. They aren't even here yet to have any immigration status assigned to them.
2) They are not migrants. Migrant is a long term immigration term.
3) There’s no evidence they’re working at all. Volunteering is not working.

Catalpast

FAKE NEWS!:roll:

Better Luck next time!:cool:

ruserious

3) There’s no evidence they’re working at all. Volunteering is not working.
If they were getting bed and board or another benefit in kind for the volunteerism, it could be classed as work I believe.

Paddy{ie

Are they all named in Irish? Michilín O’Immigrant (has seen many abortions) Pól MacIona, Pádraicín Ní Takkadownadeyesposter’ and are on the run from the law in Northern Ireland?

Expose the lot of them

If they were getting bed and board or another benefit in kind for the volunteerism, it could be classed as work I believe.
I think you are correct, if they enter on a holiday visa, they are limited to "holidaying", for any other reason, including "journalism", they need an appropriate visa.

New Threads

Most Replies