"I'm Spartacus!" Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Legend, dead at 103 years of age ...

Half Nelson

Why have you such a hardon for KD ?
You haven't shown one scintilla of evidence only hearsay yet you continue in earnest to try and blacken his name .
In fairness you now have that lunatic Listowel Man convinced so keep up the good work .
Shur, 'tis only rape.

owedtojoy

tMWNhNzI4MTk3YThiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

The only film that comes slose to this as an indictment of the "chateau generals" of World War I are the episodes of Blackadder set in the trenches.

Apparently, the studio demanded a "happy ending" to the film, unlike the book. One was actually filmed, but Douglas demanded the darker ending be used and he won his point.

owedtojoy

The elegiac ending to Paths of Glory .... the French soldiers hear a German song before returning to the front ....

amsterdemmetje

Shur, 'tis only rape.
FFS you have nothing that proves anything about KD so now you are engaging in childishness.Nobody here is belittling rape of any kind, just pointing out the futility of your accusations with no real evidence only innuendo.

Half Nelson

FFS you have nothing that proves anything about KD so now you are engaging in childishness.Nobody here is belittling rape of any kind, just pointing out the futility of your accusations with no real evidence only innuendo.
You call the evidence of her sister "innuendo", as if, for some bizarre reason, she decided to make it all up.
Her sister hasn't named Douglas but, significantly, neither has she said it wasn't him.
Of course, your sort will always demand "proof", knowing that absolute physical evidence is impossible, and nobody's word will be enough for you. That's how the Savilles and Weinsteins get away with it.

Watch this space.

owedtojoy

You call the evidence of her sister "innuendo", as if, for some bizarre reason, she decided to make it all up.
Her sister hasn't named Douglas but, significantly, neither has she said it wasn't him.
Of course, your sort will always demand "proof", knowing that absolute physical evidence is impossible, and nobody's word will be enough for you. That's how the Savilles and Weinsteins get away with it.

Watch this space.
She did not say it wasn't JFK either, so it must have been him?

innuendo
an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

insinuation
an unpleasant hint or suggestion of something bad.

Excellent examples in your post.

Emily Davison

Frankly HN that's beneath you, you are better than this. We can all accept she was raped, but now you're stooping low there to suggest that a man is only innocent if she mentions it's not him is ridiculous. And you know it. Admit you are wrong and be the better person.

As regards Weinstein, not Savile, it's not at all clear to me that the sexual shenanigans that went on weren't consensual. Nor that this isn't mostly about money.

artfoley56

As far as I can tell her sister did raise an allegation, but never a name
AFAIK the only thing that lana wood is on record for alleging is that robert wagner killed her sister

TheEgg

I am horrified to discover that one of my all time favorite actors was supposed to have been a violent rapist.

Please say it isn't true.

Emily Davison

AFAIK the only thing that lana wood is on record for alleging is that robert wagner killed her sister
And she can't know that either. Not unless she was there or unless he confessed it to her. Personally I think they were all pissed and nobody noticed her hopping into the dingy or if they did they were all so cross they said off with her. It wouldn't be the first couple had a blazing row and one went off in a huff and the other went to bed. Who then is to blame. It's just sad. And stick to dry land !

owedtojoy

I am horrified to discover that one of my all time favorite actors was supposed to have been a violent rapist.

It isn't.

owedtojoy

The same sister who is alleged to have alleged that she was told that Natalie Wood was raped by a big movie star. who rumour says was KD?

Wow!

Harvey Weinstein is really lucky not to have such firm and credible evidence against hiim.

Half Nelson

Frankly HN that's beneath you, you are better than this. We can all accept she was raped, but now you're stooping low there to suggest that a man is only innocent if she mentions it's not him is ridiculous. And you know it. Admit you are wrong and be the better person.

As regards Weinstein, not Savile, it's not at all clear to me that the sexual shenanigans that went on weren't consensual. Nor that this isn't mostly about money.
Given the amount of rumour that has surrounded the name of KD it would be entirely reasonable and decent for her sister to have laid those rumours to rest a long time ago. That she did not - if she knew otherwise - would be unforgivable.

owedtojoy

Given the amount of rumour that has surrounded the name of KD it would be entirely reasonable and decent for her sister to have laid those rumours to rest a long time ago. That she did not - if she knew otherwise - would be unforgivable.
The obvious explanation is that she had nothing to say, and nothing is what is behind the whole fable.

artfoley56

And she can't know that either. Not unless she was there or unless he confessed it to her. Personally I think they were all pissed and nobody noticed her hopping into the dingy or if they did they were all so cross they said off with her. It wouldn't be the first couple had a blazing row and one went off in a huff and the other went to bed. Who then is to blame. It's just sad. And stick to dry land !
ooohh harsh emily!

i think lana was basing her assertion on the story by the captain of the boat. because when they met, it was moider.

in respect of the douglas allegations, there's absolutely no verifying information out there at all to link him to the rape.

amsterdemmetje

Tried and convicted by the court of Half Nelson and other assorted internet PIs .

LISTOWEL MAN

i saw a documentary on SKY ARTS about Natalie Wood's life and career

it is called 'Too Young To Die'

after Suzanne Finstad mentioned the rape the camera cut to Los Angeles at night and in the background you can see a cinema billboard that clearly reads ..

K I R K
D O U G L A S

New Threads

Most Replies