• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

I'm staying on, and upping my input.. ROC

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Yep, I've decided and the amount of flounces in recent days have made up my mind for me

I've posted less lately, mainly because I've been bored with politics overall, not just with P.ie, and because I've been expending my energy in running a schoolgirls soccer club which I started up this year (we're not doing too badly, and hopefully we'll kick on after Christmas)

I am also close to deciding whether or not I will run as an Independent candidate in my local electoral area in 2014.. and I likely will, even if I haven't any money to do so right now (so donations are welcome)

I also want to make it clear to people as of now, that because I will be running as an Independent candidate, I am and will be open to good ideas and opinions from across the political spectrum, so I may, and most likely will, be stealing peoples ideas and passing them off as my own over the next 18 months or so..

I'm going to ignore the trolls, because that's the only way to deal with them...

And really that's all for now.. the second half of the soccer has started and my legs are a bit sore from coming back from a 4k walk. I'll also be in town tonight (Cashel), and probably be fairly drunk.. so if there is anyone in the area, come on in (I love Stephens Day sessions)

TTFN

PS.. i have no idea how to use Twitter or other "social media" as election tools, so if anyone wants to help there, feel free to PM me.. and in about 14 months time, canvassers will be especially welcome

ROC

RobertW

I am also close to deciding whether or not I will run as an Independent candidate in my local electoral area in 2014.. and I likely will, even if I haven't any money to do so right now (so donations are welcome)
Fair play to ya and best of luck.

irishpancake

What will be your platform??

Strictly local, or will you be taking a stand on National issues??

I'm not sure, but I think you have been associated with the Republican Movement [SF] in the past, so is that going to be a part of your platform, as in, informed by Republican political points of view.

Best of luck in your Campaign, hope you succeed if you are interested in Real Politics!!

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
What will be your platform??

Strictly local, or will you be taking a stand on National issues??

I'm not sure, but I think you have been associated with the Republican Movement [SF] in the past, so is that going to be a part of your platform, as in, informed by Republican political points of view.

Best of luck in your Campaign, hope you succeed if you are interested in Real Politics!!
Strictly local.. it's a local election.. though of course I have opinions on national and international matters

GDPR

Good luck. I hope you get elected if you have a good platform of value to your electorate.

Posting on p.ie takes up time which many people do not have, but if you are actually going into (Irish) politics then you have a real incentive to post and interact as well (stating the bleeding obvious) :)

Northtipp

Guess its time for us to start picking through all your old posts ROC. Can't have an ole double standards ye know. :)

Seriously, all the best to you.

davoid

Strictly local.. it's a local election.. though of course I have opinions on national and international matters
If elected you will have the opportunity to propose and vote on a change on the property tax by + or - 15%

Which direction will you take?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
If elected you will have the opportunity to propose and vote on a change on the property tax by + or - 15%

Which direction will you take?
As things stand right now, I disagree with the property tax as it is currently proposed. If I could be convinced that any property tax collected was going to be ring fenced for use within the area that it was collected, and increased collection did not mean an overall loss of revenue from central funding, then I would look at what was required within the local area and make a final decision

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
What will your political manifesto be like?
The election isn't for almost 18 months now, so there is no point in posting a full manifesto at the moment. That will come in time. However, it will focus on the needs first of all, of the electoral area in which I propose to stand, and then on the needs of the wider county area.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Yep, I've decided and the amount of flounces in recent days have made up my mind for me

I've posted less lately, mainly because I've been bored with politics overall, not just with P.ie, and because I've been expending my energy in running a schoolgirls soccer club which I started up this year (we're not doing too badly, and hopefully we'll kick on after Christmas)

I also want to make it clear to people as of now, that because I will be running as an Independent candidate, I am and will be open to good ideas and opinions from across the political spectrum, so I may, and most likely will, be stealing peoples ideas and passing them off as my own over the next 18 months or so..

I'm going to ignore the trolls, because that's the only way to deal with them...

And really that's all for now.. the second half of the soccer has started and my legs are a bit sore from coming back from a 4k walk. I'll also be in town tonight (Cashel), and probably be fairly drunk.. so if there is anyone in the area, come on in (I love Stephens Day sessions)

TTFN

PS.. i have no idea how to use Twitter or other "social media" as election tools, so if anyone wants to help there, feel free to PM me.. and in about 14 months time, canvassers will be especially welcome

ROC
An unflounce (for want of a better made-up word). I like it. The very best of luck roc. +1

former wesleyan

As things stand right now, I disagree with the property tax as it is currently proposed. If I could be convinced that any property tax collected was going to be ring fenced for use within the area that it was collected, and increased collection did not mean an overall loss of revenue from central funding, then I would look at what was required within the local area and make a final decision
Irish towns like Cashel are so small that they're going to need a subvention from central government anyway. Are you in agreement with doing away with North Riding and South Riding ? Or has that been done already.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Irish towns like Cashel are so small that they're going to need a subvention from central government anyway. Are you in agreement with doing away with North Riding and South Riding ? Or has that been done already.
That is being done at the next election, as well as getting rid of the town councils.. personally, I believe we should do away with county councils altogether and have 4 "regional" assemblies based around the EU electoral areas. The local authority areas are too small and too numerous to be truly effective

Bonsai Experiment

Yeh .....So what about the Household Tax ?

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies