Images of same-sex couples removed from World Meeting of Families booklet

Socratus O' Pericles

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/images-of-same-sex-couples-removed-from-world-meeting-of-families-booklet-1.337290

Five pictures featuring same-sex couples have been removed from a reissued booklet sent to Catholic parishes in preparation for the visit to Ireland next august of Pope Francis for a World Meeting of Families event.
The text of the publication has also been edited. A line in the original booklet has now been removed. That line stated: “While the Church upholds the ideal of marriage as a permanent commitment between a man and a woman, other unions exist which provide mutual support to the couple. Pope Francis encourages us never to exclude but to accompany these couples also, with love, care and support.”

Xtians eh? Gotta love em! Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.....unless of course you meet the opprobrium and judgement of US-based right-wing Catholic website LifeSiteNews.......

Watcher2

Clanrickard

How the Devil did pics of SSC

- ever make into a Catholic booklet anyway?
Snap! I might why the hell is there a thread on this. Everyone knows the Catholic position on same sex marriage.

Socratus O' Pericles

On Newstalk now.

The originals were recalled from all parishes, pulped and the new one issued at great expense. rcc has imposed radio silence. Radio contributor saying the rcc are essentially saying to gay people "you get out!"...... as a catholic he is disillusioned.

Brendan Butler from http://wearechurchireland.ie/about-us/

I wouldn't say he posts here!

Last edited:

Clanrickard

On Newstalk now.

The originals were recalled from all parishes, pulped and the new one issued at great expense. rcc has imposed radio silence. Radio contributor saying the rcc are essentially saying to gay people "you get out!"...... as a catholic he is disillusioned.

Brendan Butler from We Are Church Ireland » About Us

Join a Protestant Church instead.

GDPR

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/images-of-same-sex-couples-removed-from-world-meeting-of-families-booklet-1.337290

Xtians eh? Gotta love em! Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.....unless of course you meet the opprobrium and judgement of US-based right-wing Catholic website LifeSiteNews.......
Love of course does not entail blanket approval of everything that someone does. To think so shows an infantile mentality. I notice also that quote there from the First Epistle of the Apostle to the Nations to the Corinthians, now take a look at the fifth chapter of that work;

[1] It is absolutely heard, that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as the like is not among the heathens; that one should have his father's wife. [2] And you are puffed up; and have not rather mourned, that he might be taken away from among you, that hath done this deed. [3] I indeed, absent in body, but present in spirit, have already judged, as though I were present, him that hath so done, [4] In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, you being gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus; [5] To deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[6] Your glorying is not good. Know you not that a little leaven corrupteth the whole lump? [7] Purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new paste, as you are unleavened. For Christ our pasch is sacrificed. [8] Therefore let us feast, not with the old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. [9] I wrote to you in an epistle, not to keep company with fornicators. [10] I mean not with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or the extortioners, or the servers of idols; otherwise you must needs go out of this world.

[11] But now I have written to you, not to keep company, if any man that is named a brother, be a fornicator, or covetous, or a server of idols, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner: with such a one, not so much as to eat. [12] For what have I to do to judge them that are without? Do not you judge them that are within? [13] For them that are without, God will judge. Put away the evil one from among yourselves."

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, 1 Corinthians Chapter 5

If you really want to experience the "Sweet Jesus" than you must also accept the "Bitter Christ".

Congalltee

On Newstalk now.

Brendan Butler from We Are Church Ireland » About Us

The only thing sadder than Catholic Church wanting to include gays, is gays who want to be included.
But I suppose if you can accept that Mary was 12-14 but married Joseph (80-95), that their son died for your not yet committed sins and was reborn to save you and you actually eat his actual body every week and drink his actual blood and that how you get out of pergotory and into heaven for eternity and forever and all time (I prefer that my matter gets recycled but each to their own).

TomBreen

Appreciate the extra t in Xtians lest we think you are taking about the Chinese city, its open to anybody to start their own religion, Jesus did, Martin Luther, and here's some more.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_founders_of_religious_traditions#Medieval_to_Early_Modern_(500%E2%80%931800_AD)

I think its called diversity.

Last edited:

Socratus O' Pericles

The only thing sadder than Catholic Church wanting to include gays, is gays who want to be included.
But I suppose if you can accept that Mary was 12-14 but married Joseph (80-95), that their son died for your not yet committed sins and was reborn to save you and you actually eat his actual body every week and drink his actual blood and that how you get out of pergotory and into heaven for eternity and forever and all time (I prefer that my matter gets recycled but each to their own).
Fair points, one and all. But the hypocrisy is still worth pointing out. That lad Brendan Butler was worth listening to the exclusionary nature of the uber catholic is damaging, so i suppose that's a good thing.

Also remember the rcc controls our schools, our hospital and aspects of our planning and development policy (due to the massive land banks they control).

Socratus O' Pericles

Appreciate the extra t in Xtians lest we think you are taking about the Chinese city, its open to anybody to start their own religion, Jesus did, Martin Luther, and here's some more.

I think its called diversity.
I don't mind that, in fact I quite admire the church of the flying spaghetti monster and its pastafarians:
https://www.venganza.org/about/

Its just that money talks in the rcc, we here in Ireland were apparently happy enough with our inclusive booklet until the rich US crowd got involved.

TomBreen

I don't mind that, in fact I quite admire the church of the flying spaghetti monster and its pastafarians:

Its just that money talks in the rcc, we here in Ireland were apparently happy enough with our inclusive booklet until the rich US crowd got involved.
I agree most large organisations are corrupt or lacking in some respects, but on the whole the main corpus of Catholics are good people.

TomBreen

Good site nicely put together and I like the satire, I'm wondering if I join this religion would I be considered more misogynistic than I already am?

hollandia

I agree most large organisations are corrupt or lacking in some respects, but on the whole the main corpus of Catholics are good people.
Yes they are, unless you subscribe to the theorem that unless they submit wholly, fully and without reservation to the teachings of the church, then they are not catholics. In which case the remainder are undoubtedly utter árseholes.

USER1234

Its a pity they let extreme right wingers like lifesitenews get to them!!

cropbeye

Funny how liberals are all too happy to trade with Saudi Arabia. People put their purse ahead of justice.

Roll_On

The Irish people have a strange relationship with the Catholic Church. It's as if they've relied for so long on said church to tell them what to think that they are just horrified when they discover they are utterly at odds with catholicism in their thinking and the knee jerk tells them that catholicism needs to change. Well darling the truth is you're an agnostic at best who attends Catholic seremonies for the lols. I'm confident any papal visit will be a non event. But for those who do attend I'd say at least half are not really Catholic at all in belief.

New Threads

Most Replies