Imbecile gets phone robbed in North London

Seanie Lemass

Irish woman is robbed while live streaming to her followers

Listen, I have every sympathy for her, but anyone who walks through North London or Dublin or Bronx with phone stuck to their ear or worse, using Periscope is a fkn eijit.

People need to be aware of their surroundings and personal safety.

What the fk intelligent commentary she might have on modern world is beyond me, to be honest!

Aindriu

The amount of eejits walking through Dublin with their phones on speaker or glued to their ears is staggering. A couple of lads on a moped would have a filed day snatching them.

Let's be real here. 50 years ago if the mobile phone had been invented, you could of walked around London with it and not risked being mugged. For reference to see this chs.revues(d0t)org/docannexe/image/989/img-1-small580.jpg.

What has changed in London is the Demographics.

( but a dot instead of the . because if you have less than 50 posts links wont post)

Bea C

Listen, I have every sympathy for her, but anyone who walks through North London or Dublin or Bronx with phone stuck to their ear or worse, using Periscope is a fkn eijit.

What the fk intelligent commentary she might have on modern world is beyond me, to be honest!
'How frightening it must have been for my followers'?

I don't wish to sound like I'm from Kerry, but what the f**k are they watching, anyway?

Bea C

Let's be real here. 50 years ago if the mobile phone had been invented, you could of walked around London with it and not risked being mugged. For reference to see this chs.revues(d0t)org/docannexe/image/989/img-1-small580.jpg.

( but a dot instead of the . because if you have less than 50 posts links wont post)
And by what name do we know you better?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
People have 'followers' now? I've noticed this american habit of having a mobile phone on speaker and shouting is spreading fairly rapidly.

There was a fellow on a train yesterday broadcasting his conversation with some customer service person up and down the carriage.

No idea why he couldn't just hold the 'phone to his ear. It is an unfortunate development that people seem to radically overestimate the level of interest the rest of the world has in their lives.

I even see people trying to multitask while jogging and carrying on a gasping conversation with their Ma or whoever while out running. They must be very busy and important people altogether:)

Socratus O' Pericles

People have 'followers' now? I've noticed this american habit of having a mobile phone on speaker and shouting is spreading fairly rapidly.

There was a fellow on a train yesterday broadcasting his conversation with some customer service person up and down the carriage.

No idea why he couldn't just hold the 'phone to his ear. It is an unfortunate development that people seem to radically overestimate the level of interest the rest of the world has in their lives.

I even see people trying to multitask while jogging and carrying on a gasping conversation with their Ma or whoever while out running. They must be very busy and important people altogether:)
I wudda been impressed.

The_SR

Yeah, there was no crime in London in the 60s

The_SR

Maybe I am getting old, but 'followers'? What happened to friends?

Spanner Island

I guess the internet does have some drawbacks... vacuous bloggers being one of them.

It's just a pity mainstream media and television in particular seems intent on apeing them with the increasing amount of 'let's watch ordinary people doing ordinary sh!t' having taken hold with a vengeance... the worst of which has to be Gogglebox. And then there's all that 'dramality' sh!te... :roll:

It'll pass though... an anti-social media/anti-media sh!te kickback is long overdue....

I never said none. I said there was much less. That's a logical fallacy by the way, the 'strawman' "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."

realistic1

She is a bit like the people that keep leaving money and valuable in open view in their cars, and they are surprised when the car window is broke. Crime is a big part of life nowadays due to suspended sentences and lack of real consequences, so unfortunately law abiding Citizens have to adapt to crime and stop making themselves victims.

Socratus O' Pericles

I never said none. I said there was much less. That's a logical fallacy by the way, the 'strawman' "A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."
Isn't gas that one so new knows all the buzzwords.

The_SR

Crime in London has never been lower. You are doing the old conservative thing of pining for a time that never happened.

Crime in London has never been lower. You are doing the old conservative thing of pining for a time that never happened.
Keep lying . It's the internet no one can hold it against you. I will link another chart since the last one might of been too technical for you to read.
gunfacts(dot)info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/GUNS-IN-OTHER-COUNTRIES-U.K.-Violent-Crime-Rates-1982-through-2010-covering-gun-control-acts-in-1998-and-1997-revised-2.png

Eire1976

Yes, blame the victim and not the monkeys that rob and steal.

Keep lying . It's the internet no one can hold it against you. I will link another chart since the last one might of been too technical for you to read.
gunfacts(dot)info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/GUNS-IN-OTHER-COUNTRIES-U.K.-Violent-Crime-Rates-1982-through-2010-covering-gun-control-acts-in-1998-and-1997-revised-2.png
Accusations of lying in only 11 posts!

Question: how can your first chart have any meaning when the rules for trapping the stats have been changed over the years?

Oh, and just for clarity: to which demographic change do you refer?

New Threads

Most Replies