Imelda May Steals Jools Holland's New Year Special With Superb Performance

General Urko

D

Deleted member 48908

I'm told Milli Vanilli stole Mariah Carey's one in Times Square.

venusian

Dublin's Finest, Imelda May, is reported as having absolutely stolen Jool's Holland's New Year Special with her superb rendition of 'Black Tears'!

WATCH: Imelda May performs on Jools Holland's Hootenanny |...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjkdZloLUM

And what a stunningly attractive lady she is! I love the black hair!:rolleyes::D

[video=youtube;ILjkdZloLUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjkdZloLUM[/video]
A superb rendition indeed, with of course a superb performance by Jools and his band utterly sympathetic to her style.

Happycamping

Superb. Thought she lost it a bit after the split but no doubting she has stepped it up again here. Watch this space I would think.

stopdoingstuff

This is the first time she has ever impressed me. Fair fks to her. She has found something.

ergo2

Great performance.

Subject to the views of the ladies here, I think the new hairdo is a big improvement

Ardillaun

Great performance.

Subject to the views of the ladies here, I think the new hairdo is a big improvement
External validation will not be required. That is VERY much more like it. Also beats the heck out of dubious Indo rorystories regarding Imelda this and that. Buzz her up pronto.

Fair play for changing it up in a big way. The particular number must take a toll on the old vocal cords, though.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Always interesting is Imelda. Only heard of her first when the niece sent me some Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club on which she was doing some guest vocalising and I had to look her up because the voice was so interesting.

Great to see her get a prestige slot on Holland's show.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Just had a chance to listen to it in full now- great performance in fairness. Regret not going to see her on tour in 2016 now. It is a change of style for her and I like her native style very much but didn't know she had that kind of performance available as well. Gone up in my estimation from a good place already :)

Polly Ticks

It's a good performance, and I wish her nothing but the best.. but without wanting to get all Ike Turner on her ass, she could do without the annoying little Maria-esque vocal trills and fills... especially when delivered in such a pop way.. in the wrong song.

Yer a grown woman, Imelda... sing like one. Fook the frilly bullsh1t or at least make it match the rest of the vocal performance..

(Apologies if the above seems harsh, been listening to a lot of Janis Joplin and Aretha Franklin recently and those women could really sing with sincerity and confidence. To my ears, and by comparison, Imelda May sounds like just "A.N. Other female vocalist"... good job, but nothing to go nuts over)

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Imelda always had singing chops par excellance and now has the sex appeal of a sultry French actress in a classy chic production ...whats not to like !!!:cool::cool::D

gatsbygirl20

When I first saw Imelda May on 'Later With Jools Holland' six or seven years ago, I thought she was a true original.

She was singing a song she had written herself--'Johnny Got A Boom Boom'. Her performance had total class and originality

Then she sort of got coopted by RTE into being a kind of MOR singer , to fill the Daniel O'Donnell slot

( sorry, Jules Holland video won't work. Same song here)
[video=youtube;S9d1yuMvxrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9d1yuMvxrc[/video]

Last edited:

Roisin3

Hate to be the hater here, but that was awful. Mediocre singer who shouts the hard bits. They're ten a penny.

Roisin3

I'm told Milli Vanilli stole Mariah Carey's one in Times Square.
So I heard.

Since lip syncing is all she can do these days, I'm reckoning her nemesis JLo surpasses her now, as at least she can dance a wee bit. Mariah can't even be lifted and carried nowadays.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Hate to be the hater here, but that was awful. Mediocre singer who shouts the hard bits. They're ten a penny.
When are you taking up your duties as music critic on P.IE? :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies