IMF Chief: Tighten your belts, you Irish cannot live beyond your Bankers' means.

He3

Dominique Strauss Kahn - IMF Chief and would-be next French President - is quoted by RTE as calling on Irish people to tighten their belts.

He says we cannot live beyond our means.

I think that may have lost something in translation. Surely that should be 'living beyond EU bankers' means'.

Not sure where he buys his shirts.

Last edited:

Green eyed monster

I think FF probably gave him a bell and asked him to make that statement, because it's what they want to tell us but can't because of the association of the term with CJ Haughey.

Partizan

Dominique Strauss Kahn - IMF Chief and would-be next French President - is quoted by RTE as calling on Irish people to tighten their belts.

I think that may have lost something in translation. Surely that should be 'living beyond EU bankers' means'.

Translation:

Irish serfs, prepare to be sold into slavery to your Franco-German masters.

ONQ

I don't care what he means.

I've lived well within my means until 2008 when a failing economy means I couldn't find profitable work to keep my practice afloat.

Since then I have fought the long defeat seeing my savings I had intended to help my family through college go to pay our way in the face of armagaddon.

Now these clowns are trying to break us as a people, as a country and as an economy.

I've had enough.

Time to march.

ONQ.

Partizan

I don't care what he means.

I've lived well within my means until 2008 when a failing economy means I couldn't find profitable work to keep my practice afloat.

Since then I have fought the long defeat seeing my savings I had intended to help my family through college go to pay our way in the face of armagaddon.

Now these clowns are trying to break us as a people, as a country and as an economy.

I've had enough.

Time to march.

ONQ.
Well now is your chance. 27th next Saturay and 7th December outside the Dail. Bring your pots and pans and dont forget the cheese.

ellie08

Especially those greedy minimum wage workers who caused the mess:rolleyes: The first place he should start looking is in the Dail, where people get pensions for life after 5 years work or claiming money just to turn up for work on top of their ludicrous salaries that they afforded themselves. There's the real criminal activity. My God, it's hard to castigate thugs and drug dealers when you see the carry on of some claiming mileage and openly saying they take the train or a lift of someone else, or pretend they live in their summer house down the other end of the country or claim expenses for chocolate bars that cost a few cents.

lonemother

Pots, pans, posters, cheese. Don't forget your to keep your anger in cheque, or a brown envelope.... they'll recognise the latter at twenty paces!

king5494

It's time to stop arguing about what got us here . we all know and it's time to take to the streets under any flippin banner. we're all marching for the same thing.

Let's take it back.

an innocent abroad

Breaking news!.................. Sir Bob Geldof has just confirmed that a fundraising concert for Ireland will be in Africa this Christmas.

beamish2010

That DSK is an other arrogant basterd...I am sure DSK is well shielded from the harsh economic realities of the recession.

He3

It's not so much a belt, more a noose.

FreshStart

Breaking news!.................. Sir Bob Geldof has just confirmed that a fundraising concert for Ireland will be in Africa this Christmas.
That's great. I wonder will Uganda send back some of those millions that Michael Martin gave them in return for a Tullow Oil contract?

On a less sarcastic note, will Bono or Sting be singing?

AirTurbulence

Translation:

What's the alternative? Slaving to the home grown rich? Is it really less humiliating? There is a chance "Franco-German masters" could build some proper infrastructure for convenience of running their businesses in here, like they did in their colonies century ago. I bet it would beat 2 unconnected LUAS lines built at cost of launching a space craft. Built by OUR OWN retarded masters...

He3

Bertie must be having a laugh.

He3

Dominique Strauss-Kahn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harassment scandals
On October 18, 2008, the IMF announced it would conduct an investigation into an allegation reported by a long-standing governing board member, Shakour Shaalan of Egypt, that Strauss-Kahn had a one night stand with Piroska Nagy, a Hungarian-born senior economist at the IMF, who subsequently left the IMF with a severance package.[15] On October 25, 2008, the IMF Board issued the findings of the investigation. While noting that the affair was "regrettable and reflected a serious error of judgment on the part of the managing director," the Board cleared Strauss-Kahn of harassment, favoritism or abuse of power, and indicated that he would remain in his post.[16][17]

In May 2010 a book written by an anonymous IMF employee, "Cassandre", detailed Mr Strauss-Kahn's continuing healthy interest in attractive women.[18] The Times quoted her: “After identifying his prey, he bombards them with text messages, usually with the opening salvo 'I want you' ”, writes Cassandre. “He is direct and makes no concessions.” While the author remains anonymous for the sake of her career, the book is published by the eminent Editions Plon, founded in 1852.[19][20]

The Field Marshal

Translation:

So this poster expects French & German taxpayers to fund indefinitely the lavish payscales of the overmanned Irish public sector.

Aindriu

There is a chance "Franco-German masters" could build some proper infrastructure for convenience of running their businesses in here, like they did in their colonies century ago.
Dream on! All they are interested in is getting their debts repaid.

Themuzzer

Why does nobody in the mainstream make clear that the IMF print money out of than air to loan to countries,which they then charge not only repayment on the principle but the interest as well? It is nothing but a exercise in national plunder.

New Threads

Most Replies