IMF demand public sector pay and numbers cuts: Indo

gijoe

Front page story in tomorrow's Indo (I think) says that the IMF have demanded further public sector pay cuts and redundancies.

Polytics.Irie

And not so much as a kiss first

hmmm

Well there goes the Christmas retail trade. Hopefully the IMF won't drag this out for years, let's get the pain over with and let us get on with our slightly poorer lives.

justme1

Front page story in tomorrow's Indo (I think) says that the IMF have demanded further public sector pay cuts and redundancies.
Was this one of the paper's 'group' sources,imagine that eh???
If there is one thing to look forward to folks it's that the CPA is gone gone gone,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Of course they do.. and why do you think the RTE presenters have turned on FF since yesterday.. they know full well that when the IMF are going through the books, they'll ask why X number of millions is given to RTE when we have independent TV stations that pay their own way..

Polytics.Irie

IMF, if your reading ths, please kill the quangos.

flipflop

Not really a surprise if they have asked for it. The real negotiations are only starting tomorrow. We better start getting used to these stories.

nonpartyboy

Take the quangos out first from the top down, let's start to de ff the country anything that is really required we can setup later.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
I doubt they were as prescriptive as that. This story has Cathy Herbert's fingerprints (Lenny's gopher) all over it.

Trying to blame the contents of the budget (already largely agreed) on outside forces.

Mister men

I'm calling it right now. PS numbers cut by 25%. PS wages down by 30%.
I think we are all in for a shock when we see the real books opened up by the IMF that FF have been hiding.

gweedore

Of course they do.. and why do you think the RTE presenters have turned on FF since yesterday.. they know full well that when the IMF are going through the books, they'll ask why X number of millions is given to RTE when we have independent TV stations that pay their own way..
ursula o halligan deserves a special mention as a contrast to rte "you are talking in riddles " to cowen. brilliant

flavirostris

The speed at which events are overtaking the country now is jaw-dropping. It's like somebody has finally arrived to collect the bill

gijoe

The unions won't have that. Mr 'Chop'..ra has a lot to learn.
I think it is the Unions that have something to learn. Mr Chopra, or 'the chopper' as he is apparantly known as, is no Bertie.

Mister men

The speed at which events are overtaking the country now is jaw-dropping. It's like somebody has finally arrived to collect the bill
We are only at the beginning.

johntrenchard

was mentioned in another thread - when the IMF went into Hungary they started at the top ... slashed the number of TDs by about 70%, and slashed their salaries too.

they also set a maximum limit in public sector pay.

LeDroit

Honest Question: Can the IMF demand contracts are nullified in the PS, between banks and tracker mortgage holders, tenants and commercial landlords etc? The Bank Guarantee?!

In other words, can the IMF suspend the Constitution?

gijoe

I'm calling it right now. PS numbers cut by 25%. PS wages down by 30%.
I think we are all in for a shock when we see the real books opened up by the IMF that FF have been hiding.
When Mr. Chopra went into Lativa he cuts teachers pay by 50%. Teachers in Ireland, unpromoted, are on up to €60k at the top of the scale. I reckon teachers in Ireland are in for a right haircut.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies