IMF says Ireland is Sick

Cael

Just watching part of an interview with a spokesperson from the IMF, who claims that the IMF are called in when a "patient is sick." Well, that's an honest assessment. Ireland has been a very sick place for a very long time.

Illustro

Just watching part of an interview with a spokesperson from the IMF, who claims that the IMF are called in when a "patient is sick." Well, that's an honest assessment. Ireland has been a very sick place for a very long time.

Unfortunately, the IMF is a witchdoctor.

Historically the IMF loans are designed to be completley unpayable. There is no reason to think we'll be treated any differently than Latvia or Argentina.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

The system is sicker than we are but you'll never hear the IMF say that. Not when they can make loads of profit from misery!

Flimflam

I've been wondering about this all day. Who called in the IMF? They have to be invited, they don't just turn up. I think it's an important question.

Cael

Historically the IMF loans are designed to be completley unpayable. There is no reason to think we'll be treated any differently than Latvia or Argentina.
And still listening to the RTÉ News, they just let slip that this IMF funding is mostly for the continued funding of the bankrupt banks. How many billions can they throw into this black hole, I wonder? As you say, there is no way that the ordinary Irish people can pay these vast sums with vast interest - even if we wanted to. I see that the head of Nama was calling for the gardaí to be called in to investigate the systematic lying that the banks have been doing to Nama. These people are treating us like dirt, and we are just supplying them with tens of billions of euro more.

MPB

Tell him we want a second opinion from a non Banker. Then tell him to take his friends and F uck off.

We have enough doses in our own Govt trying to steal our money to give to corrupt Banks, without the likes of the IMF.

Cael

Ha Ha!! Comical Lenny is on RTÉ right now telling us that "all the right steps have been taken in regard to the banks." I wonder is he reading Comical Ali's script. Ha ha, RTÉ is asking about the green shoots, and turning the corner!! Comical Lenny says things are improving...

Mister men

Ha Ha!! Comical Lenny is on RTÉ right now telling us that "all the right steps have been taken in regard to the banks." I wonder is he reading Comical Ali's script. Ha ha, RTÉ is asking about the green shoots, and turning the corner!! Comical Lenny says things are improving...
Green shoots :roll:

LongShanks

Sick of the IMF. And it's only day 1.

Wonder will all those who cheered for the IMF be happy in 6 months time?

Chrisco

IMF loans are not designed to be completely unpayable and there are lots of reasons why we'll be treated differently from Latvia and Argentina (because every country the IMF goes into gets treated differently).

Cael

IMF loans are not designed to be completely unpayable and there are lots of reasons why we'll be treated differently from Latvia and Argentina (because every country the IMF goes into gets treated differently).
Why is that? Because Paddy is so special? Like our property bubble was like no other in history? A crash couldnt happen to Paddy? Only a soft landing?

StsnSchols

And still listening to the RTÉ News, they just let slip that this IMF funding is mostly for the continued funding of the bankrupt banks. How many billions can they throw into this black hole, I wonder? As you say, there is no way that the ordinary Irish people can pay these vast sums with vast interest - even if we wanted to. I see that the head of Nama was calling for the gardaí to be called in to investigate the systematic lying that the banks have been doing to Nama.

hold on a sec :
What does the head of Nama know about banking or property for that matter ? Nothing and certainly he's not qualified to run a €80Bn property fund.
Who determined the haircut that the Irish banks have had to take and thus Ireland's current indebtedness ?
Nama - Nama hasnt worked, isnt working and wont work. It has neither the resources nor the personnel to assess never mind recover the debts. Nama has paralysed the property market here. This is the view of every external observer that has showed up on their doorstep. It should be disbanded and quickly...

Cael

hold on a sec :
What does the head of Nama know about banking or property for that matter ? Nothing and certainly he's not qualified to run a €80Bn property fund.
Who determined the haircut that the Irish banks have had to take and thus Ireland's current indebtedness ?
Nama - Nama hasnt worked, isnt working and wont work. It has neither the resources nor the personnel to assess never mind recover the debts. Nama has paralysed the property market here. This is the view of every external observer that has showed up on their doorstep. It should be disbanded and quickly...
The head of Nama seems able to confirm that the banks have continually, right up till now, been supplying false information on their debts to Nama. Thats fraud. And that why the head of Nama is looking for the police to investigate.

Green eyed monster

There is an interesting article here describing Argentina's experience under the IMF a few years ago, one of the things the former Argentinian minister says is that the IMF will probably prevent you from withdrawing your money from your bank account. I would expect that the Irish will be similiarly inhibited from getting access to your savings. If you think you will need to have a large amount of money handy better withdraw it now...

What it's like to live with the IMF | Business | guardian.co.uk

It made for sober reading, it's like someone giving you depressing advice about how to survive a stint in prison for the first time. Personally at this stage i would like to see us default on any promises to private loans made by bondholders and if necessary pull out of the Euro or even the EU altogether, it's a nest of self-interested crooks just like FF.

punchdrunk

No doubt you are looking forward to the royal wedding next year?

Cael

There is an interesting article here describing Argentina's experience under the IMF a few years ago, one of the things the former Argentinian minister says is that the IMF will probably prevent you from withdrawing your money from your bank account. I would expect that the Irish will be similiarly inhibited from getting access to your savings. If you think you will need to have a large amount of money handy better withdraw it now...
Even a hint of that would be enough to break the banks altogether. Seems the big corporations have been moving their cash reserves out of the country over the last few weeks.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies