IMF visiting us this month

Cassandra Syndrome

Just mentioned casually on Six One News. Calling in on a "scheduled" visit.

Will post links when available.

Black Cat

Imf

I was disturbed by that too, he did say something about being very happy with the Irish correction when asked didn't he? I wonder what's really going on:confused:

MPB

Probably just want to take a look around Lennys corner.

I hope they are sending a giraffe or we are all foobarred.

Touché

When IMF went into greece in february they peddled the line that they were only providing expert financial advice and guidance,looks like we're in the crosshairs

Cassandra Syndrome

Show them that we are really broke. Put them up in a dingy Hostel. Tea and custard creams for the meeting. Wine and dine them at some kip of a cafe.

Edo

Given that we are long standing members of the IMF ourselves - I'd be surprised if they didnt visit us every year!

carlovian

Feck! Everyone, look busy!!!
We do need the tourist money !!

With a bit of luck the ash will stop them leaving, then we can see how they survive on a smaller budget than they had planned.

How do you like them apples, IMF ???

Given that we are long standing members of the IMF ourselves - I'd be surprised if they didnt visit us every year!
Unless their regulation is as lax as ours - I'm looking at you Mr Neary - they need to be camped on our doorstep. We're borrowing EU400m a week.

atlantic

These are the one shower of bastards you do not want.They are pillaging f88kers ,the spivs in the dail will do their bidding,squeezing labour ,resources ,to the last ounce for their bankster buddies.
Unless their regulation is as lax as ours - I'm looking at you Mr Neary - they need to be camped on our doorstep. We're borrowing EU400m a week.

Last edited:
Show them that we are really broke. Put them up in a dingy Hostel. Tea and custard creams for the meeting. Wine and dine them at some kip of a cafe.
No need. A casual observer with half an ounce of intelligence would be able to work out that the entire Iriss state is on the verge of imminent collapse. The profit base of most, nearly all, Irish business's is evaporating on a daily, hourly basis

slx

No need. A casual observer with half an ounce of intelligence would be able to work out that the entire Iriss state is on the verge of imminent collapse. The profit base of most, nearly all, Irish business's is evaporating on a daily, hourly basis
I wouldn't go quite that far, but anything dependent on the Irish domestic market, or on the UK market is struggling badly and that's quite a large % of the Irish economy i.e. quite a lot of smaller firms, retail generally and a huge chunk of the food industry, which has never really managed to diversify beyond local tastes.

The major multinationals and Irish companies that have strong connections into markets other than the Septic Isles (Ireland and the UK) are in a reasonably good position at the moment as costs are dropping in Ireland.

Cassandra Syndrome

Things are really bad when a poster is illustrating this to me as a retort :eek:

Brenny

Where will we hide Willie O'Dea and Donnie Cassidy?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies