Immigration: Enough of this nonsense about an "invasion" please.

razorblade

I hope this website isn’t a representation of Ireland. One of my best friends recently married a very beautiful young Venezuelan, she is brown/black and my mate has already got her pregnant. You are mentally ill if you believe in racial purity and all that nazi rubbish. I hope the Ireland of 2100 has people of all skin tones.
Look surely its up to a country to decide whether they want to hold on to their culture or not that's the big issue why have people living from parallel universes living side by side it doesn't work it hasn't worked in the UK or France and it wont work here the cultures of certain people are just too different.

ionsniffer

I watched an item on Euronews this morning about a Syrian family who'd paid to be trafficked to Greece. After a while living there they were given a nice house through some humanitarian aid agency, the wife used the words ''now we have a normal life''. The father then piped up about how he has friends in Ireland and they were helping him get to Ireland. So he, the wife and their kids are now living in Ireland and they'll be here for life at our expense and why is that? They were safe in Greece, they had a nice home.

The answer is they aren't refugees, they are benefit tourists. The word is out folks, the money and benefits are better in Ireland and this will now become the go to destination for them. Coveney has already said these people are never going back. The people of Ireland need to be give a say, we need a Referendum on the asylum seeking process, because it isn't asylum it's scam artists posing as asylum seekers.
an Albania near me is the same. in direct provision. came across France etc fake documents. could have stayed in France.
she should be sent back immediately.

Lagertha

This is an interesting story. 2 Congolese teens made their way to Uganda, the refugee camp had no food, was full of disease and they weren't safe aparrently. They moved on again and a Catholic priest sent them to Portlaoise to a foster home. They found their mother and the other 3 brothers and 3 sisters on their uncles facebook page and the 7 of them were brought here under reunification. The mother then found her husband and since last year he's here too.

So, 2 teenagers could have been returned to their mother in South Africa but instead of that an extra 8 family members are now here and dependent on us. Oh, and they're getting a free university education because university groups think they should be entitled to it. I'd love to know the cost of the house they live in, it can't be cheap to buy a house to accommodate 10 people, then there's all that food, education, clothing, Social Welfare etc etc etc.

What I take from the article, apart from outrage, is that the money needs to be spent in the camps in the countries people claim to be fleeing from. It needs to be spent on food and education and medicine and all the practical things that genuine refugees need. Imagine how much further the money spent on these 10 people would go in the Congo. Imagine how much further the money that will be spent on the 10 of them every year for the rest of their lives would go if it were spent helping people who need it in a practical way. The Catholic church isn't paying for it and we shouldn't either.
So, these ''asylum seekers'' are never going home, if they were they'd have been sent to South Africa instead the entire family are here and if the idiots pushing for changes in reunification get their way soon every grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece and nephew they have will be here too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and...impossible-in-ireland-it-s-exciting-1.3394854

Ardillaun

One of our Italian travel guides told us that Berlusconi’s enduring appeal is partly due to his frank talk about immigration.

blinding

One of our Italian travel guides told us that Berlusconi’s enduring appeal is partly due to his frank talk about immigration.
This Italian Election is going to be very interesting . If I was Italian I would be voting for the Party that had the most Extreme Policies against Mass Immigration and also against the Eu Superstate .

Italians ; Stand up for your country . Stop the Pro Mass Immigration nut jobs and the Eu nut jobs destroying your country .

razorblade

Yes Euroscepticism has risen across Europe precisely because of reckless open border policies just look at Germany with the AFD ffs that's how bad things have gotten over there that parties that previously wouldn't have been touched with a bargepole are now forming coalitions in the main parliaments across Europe because of the lack of cop on by the mainstream politicians.

blinding

Yes Euroscepticism has risen across Europe precisely because of reckless open border policies just look at Germany with the AFD ffs that's how bad things have gotten over there that parties that previously wouldn't have been touched with a bargepole are now forming coalitions in the main parliaments across Europe because of the lack of cop on by the mainstream politicians.
We can only hope the Italians see sense and go with the most Extreme Anti Mass Immigration Parties and the Most Anti Eu Superstate Parties . If Italians with all that they are going through don’t see sense then what is it going to take ?

flavirostris

We can only hope the Italians see sense and go with the most Extreme Anti Mass Immigration Parties and the Most Anti Eu Superstate Parties . If Italians with all that they are going through don’t see sense then what is it going to take ?
Lega Nord would be your man there. Matteo Salvini

tsarbomb

This Italian Election is going to be very interesting . If I was Italian I would be voting for the Party that had the most Extreme Policies against Mass Immigration and also against the Eu Superstate .

Italians ; Stand up for your country . Stop the Pro Mass Immigration nut jobs and the Eu nut jobs destroying your country .
Brothers of Italy extreme? Because they're pretty extreme in fairness.

blinding

Brothers of Italy extreme? Because they're pretty extreme in fairness.
the Politicians have not listened to Peoples legitimate concerns . The only way they will take notice is when People go to the Extremes in big enough numbers .

Politicians , You have sown the wind , You will reap the whirl wind .

Italians take back control of your country .

McTell

OP

//

Anyway, the main point is the illustration of the numbers I made. Can people comment on those numbers please with respect to how they equate to an "invasion"? Thanks.

So the 70,000 from "Not Stated" is how the kerrymen are listed these times?

RasherHash

This guy in Denmark is getting round the clock cop protection for burning the Quaran...

Barroso

This guy in Denmark is getting round the clock cop protection for burning the Quaran...
If he's a muslim, I support him, as he's dealing with issues that affect him.
If he's not a muslim, he's probably jumping on some bandwagon to try and benefit form other people's hatred of muslims (rather than their reasoned arguments about Islam). Or to express his own irrational dislike of muslims.

brigg

If he's a muslim, I support him, as he's dealing with issues that affect him.
If he's not a muslim, he's probably jumping on some bandwagon to try and benefit form other people's hatred of muslims (rather than their reasoned arguments about Islam). Or to express his own irrational dislike of muslims.
Bull. You cannot pick and choose who has a right to protest because their motives might upset you. Why would a muslim burn a Koran? An ex-Muslim might.

Even Ayaan Hirsi Ali, an ex-Muslim campaigner, has been accused of having irrational hatred of Islam by Muslim apologists. And from the point of view of devout Muslims she certainly has a vendetta against Islam.

She has also occasionally shared platforms with people the Far Left despise. That is enough for her motives to be questioned and her right to free speech threatened. It's a slippery slope.

Top Bottom