• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Immigration into Ireland

YukonTom

what can be done, with the country in recession and with at least another 30,000-40,000 increase on the dole for august (my prediction), this is getting serious irish people are going on the dole left right and centre and yet we still have immigrants arriving in this country, 90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant, do you guys really think this is going to be tolerated much longer my the irish people, not one word from the goverment about immigration, well i can tell you this, irish people think this is the bigest issue facing this country now, yet silence from the media and goverment, unbeleivable.
You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole, im hearing it already over the last few months people are getting fed up with these immigrants, if we dont debate these issues we are gonna have race riots on our hands within a year.

LTGuy

YukonTom said:
90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant
Link for that ludicrous statement?

You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole
I have not seen queues of Irish "on the dole" eager to become bar tenders, toilet cleaners, fish processors etc. Have you?

YukonTom

a link for that statement well check the cso which is where it states that 90 percent of all new jobs last year went to immigrants, god you really are in cloud cukoo land propably some left wing fool who doesnt see the impact immigration is having in this country.

20000miles

Website
www.irishliberty.wordpress.com
YukonTom said:
what can be done, with the country in recession and with at least another 30,000-40,000 increase on the dole for august (my prediction), this is getting serious irish people are going on the dole left right and centre and yet we still have immigrants arriving in this country, 90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant,
Spurious Lump of Labour fallacy. There isn't a fixed amount of jobs out there. Immigration like all forms of population growth means that theres more work to be done.

YukonTom said:
do you guys really think this is going to be tolerated much longer my the irish people, not one word from the goverment about immigration, well i can tell you this, irish people think this is the bigest issue facing this country now, yet silence from the media and goverment, unbeleivable.
You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole, im hearing it already over the last few months people are getting fed up with these immigrants, if we dont debate these issues we are gonna have race riots on our hands within a year.
I study economics and my Economy of Ireland lecturer mentioned this actually. When the economy is on the up everyone is glad the immigrants are here, but when times are bad, they get the blame, and the issue of race/nationality inevitably arises. My lecturer may have been right - YukonTom being a prime example.

jjacollins

With all these thousands of builders out of work, how come the price of building a house isn't rock bottom?

surely they should all be desperate to do any job for a low price.

The government should be able to get all of the NDP projects done for half the price, right??

R

Red Revolutionary

YukonTom said:
if we dont debate these issues we are gonna have race riots on our hands within a year.
A slight exageration maybe?
What do you suggest we do to solve the unemployment in the country?

RSYM

YukonTom said:
what can be done, with the country in recession and with at least another 30,000-40,000 increase on the dole for august (my prediction), this is getting serious irish people are going on the dole left right and centre and yet we still have immigrants arriving in this country, 90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant, do you guys really think this is going to be tolerated much longer my the irish people, not one word from the goverment about immigration, well i can tell you this, irish people think this is the bigest issue facing this country now, yet silence from the media and goverment, unbeleivable.
90% of new jobs going to foreigners?first of all i think that statement is totally untrue,even if it was true,irish people have the same oppertunity to do an interview for the job so its up to them to be good enough at the job.foreigners are not chosen because they're foreign.as the poster above me said when the economy is fine the foreigners are a god send,the foundations on which our diverse successful country is built on.but when a so-called recession is taking place, people like you with little to no intelligence make pathetic excuses for it and lash out at an easy target.

irish people think this is the biggest issue??how do you know,you think its the biggest issue and last time i checked you weren't 'the irish people'.no-one i know ever talks about the foreigners in my town in a bad way.especially when it comes to work.i worked in a hotel last year and the czech's,polish etc were a pleasure to work with an in no way stopped irish people from getting a job there.in fact when the hotel was under-paying the staff it was them who organised the workers together to get fair working conditions and fair play to them for that.

race riots in a year? you are some clown

Clanrickard

LTGuy said:
YukonTom said:
90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant
Link for that ludicrous statement?

You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole
I have not seen queues of Irish "on the dole" eager to become bar tenders, toilet cleaners, fish processors etc. Have you?
One guy on Mat Coopers show who owns a bakery said he put an add out for two new employees. He got , if I can remember, 125 replies. Not one from an Irish person. Cut the dole and make it obligatory to accpet the jobs you are offered.

TradCat

Let's suppose for a second we took the advice of the anti-immigrants. Stop immigration and start kicking out the ones who are here already. We can safely say that the overall level of demand in the economy would fall sharply causing more unemployment. House prices would fall further and foreign investment would dry up.

Soon, very soon, young Irish workers would be heading out of the country. We would be immigrants again in other countries. There is no such thing as a Goldilocks economy which will provide the exact number of jobs needed for people born in Ireland and no more than that. We will either grow and attract immigrants or we will decline and become immigrants. I have lived through both and I know what I like.

YukonTom

rsym what a total muppet you are totally living on another planet, the people i know dont talk about it you say lol dont make me laugh your most likely sum left wing idiot propably a college student. Yes i stand by my claims that there will be a race riot ithin a year, you only need to look at the papers to see a rise in attacks on immigrants, example in east wall in dublin where 3 families of immigrants would forced out by upto 40 people happened last month as reported on all the major papers. Anoter example in waterfoed where another family has had there car and house smashed in 0ver 8 times again made the papers and this is only the begining if we have a very deep recession.

YukonTom

this is my only account name. Plus im not telling lies everything i said here is the truth.

GDPR

YukonTom said:
rsym what a total muppet you are totally living on another planet, the people i know dont talk about it you say lol dont make me laugh your most likely sum left wing idiot propably a college student. Yes i stand by my claims that there will be a race riot ithin a year, you only need to look at the papers to see a rise in attacks on immigrants, example in east wall in dublin where 3 families of immigrants would forced out by upto 40 people happened last month as reported on all the major papers. Anoter example in waterfoed where another family has had there car and house smashed in 0ver 8 times again made the papers and this is only the begining if we have a very deep recession.
Do you have a link to this ?

RSYM

YukonTom said:
???? no one else care to debate
ya, your a ****ing twat. race riots? seriously off to alabama with you, god forbid they should threaten your little insignificant middle class existence :mrgreen:

froglet

I am a Left-Winger. I am, also,Irish. I am extremely embarrassed that the likes of Yukon Tom is also Irish and appears to applaud cowardly bigots who terrorise people in their home and ruin their little momentos from their beloved homeland.

Being Irish, I know what its like to be an immigrant, and to be an Irish immigrant when bombs are being planted by the provos is no fun, let me tell you. But my English friends stuck by me, did not judge me, did not hate me.
You are a bloody disgrace. I would hate to have your mind.

mairteenpak

Good immigration can be expanded

i.e.the immigration of highly qualified people who get jobs that have been advertised on a single national register. Such persons could apply for Irish citizenship after ten years of employment, subject to their taxes being paid, and provided their earnings exceeded €50,000 index linked

Bad immigration should be shut down

i.e. persons from the new accession countries, and from outside the EU, who do not fit into the category above, should be given a year to apply under the above, or to return home.

Changes to rent subsidy and income support should be implemented to withdraw such from non Irish citizens.

Dr Qasim Afridi

What do you suggest we do to solve the unemployment in the country?
Good question...

EU scenario... best thing to do is to pressure the European Union in getting the most share of funds for building projects... Ireland needs a proper infrastructure... We need a Tube for the Luas in Dublin and do something about our roads and traffic jams... One more thing that surely needs improvement is telecommunications... Broadband here is such a joke...

When such projects are proposed and implemented (with funding provided thanks to the rest of EU countries) it will surely create more jobs... I mean Ireland has progressed quite a bit but there is need to bring it upto the level of other european countries!!!!

The following is all hypothetical... so dont get wound up...

If Ireland were not part of EU...

Build enough Gold and Silver reserves within Ireland and back the currency with these reserves rather than the useless dollar standard that so many countries are still adopting (specially third world countries)... After that abolish interest based banking... People with capital will have to invest in businesses... It will create jobs!!!

Comments are welcome!!! Thanks

DarkWatcher

YukonTom said:
Are you feenxp? :mrgreen:

YukonTom

LOL what a good name you have housewifey perhaps you should stick to what you know best and clean the house and make the dinner for your husband :mrgreen: . And perhaps keep out of dicussions that you havent a clue about, you been left wing doesnt suprise me perhaps you and the rest of your fellow friends should have a good little house party and dicuss left wing tripe.