• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

In someone else's shoes. Brian Cowen.

manna

If you were in Cowen's shoes what would you do that's different, given his past form and his now predicament. How would you change the mindset of the electorate and become a leader who can bring us out of this recession. Everybody disparages him but I do often wonder what I would do in his shoes. What would you do?

Pabilito

If you were in Cowen's shoes what would you do that's different, given his past form and his now predicament. How would you change the mindset of the electorate and become a leader who can bring us out of this recession. Everybody disparages him but I do often wonder what I would do in his shoes. What would you do?
Get a new pair of shoes.. join a gym and lose 30kg.

That alone would lift Ireland

dresden8

Brian for sainthood.

Me and Pabilito united.

Truly, a miracle.

ctr

Look the guy has lost all respect of the people and needs to go.

An election needs to be called and a new Government with a mandate to implement the medicine.

So your question is based on the premise that the electorate 's mindset can be changed and with that I disagree,

Baron von Biffo

Sack Lenihan.

Mister_Jinks

I'd call a general election and to hell with it. Throw the towel in so to speak. Let the opposition sort it out. That's what I would do. So there :D

dresden8

Seriously what would you do if you were in his shoes? Just asking. Nobody seems to have an answer.
Ok, your question is "what changes would Cowen make"?

Our answer is "get fncking rid of Cowen".

Your question, our answer.

And Lenihan. He's an overblown fool.

oggy

Do the ABFF really think Brian Cowen and FF for that matter give a toss what
the ABFF think ? Of course the ABFF thinking raises the question, with what are they thinking with !

Mister_Jinks

Do the ABFF really think Brian Cowen and FF for that matter give a toss what
the ABFF think ? Of course the ABFF thinking raises the question, with what are they thinking with !
Well, if one were to believe opinion polls then the ABFF is the majority of the electorate. So I would imagine that they do care. Big time.

manna

I'd call a general election and to hell with it. Throw the towel in so to speak. Let the opposition sort it out. That's what I would do. So there :D
I think if I was him, presuming I never wanted the poison chalice that was handed to me in the first place, I would lay my cards on the table and say what I think what's right for Ireland and call an election. The reason I would do that is for my country and for my legacy.

Mister_Jinks

I think if I was him, presuming I never wanted the poison chalice that was handed to me in the first place, I would lay my cards on the table and say what I think what's right for Ireland and call an election. The reason I would do that is for my country and for my legacy.
Or call for a national government or something! But yeah, I'd call it a day. It's a losing battle for FF and the Greens now surely.

oggy

Well, if one were to believe opinion polls then the ABFF is the majority of the electorate. So I would imagine that they do care. Big time.
I cannot remember when last the ABFF were not the majority of the electorate

the_rebubblican

I'll hang on for dear life because as much as I think I realise my role in ruining my country I don't know what to do when the noise and clamour stops. And it surely will. And then, I'll taste what it feels like to be the one thing I fear in life most...a gob************************e, played for a fool by those I respected. I'll be reminded of this for the rest of my life. I've avoided that moment as of yet and know now I don't have the strength to face it. I'll hang on...and see what happens. It's all that's left.

manna

I remember my father who had cancer asking me what I would do if I was him and I didn't know what do say. I'd say Cowen is asking the same question and I'd say he's getting the same response.

Mister_Jinks

I remember my father who had cancer asking me what I would do if I was him and I didn't know what do say. I'd say Cowen is asking the same question and I'd say he's getting the same response.
in all honesty that's quite sad. I don't know what I would have said either :(

manna

It's not sad: it's the truth. Truth is beauty after all! Probably a wrong analogy in the right circumstances.