Incredible Faux Pas by Michael Noonan or par for the course?

venusian

If Michael Noonan ever needs transgender realignment, he could do an awful lot worse than come back looking like this. After all he'll only look different on the outside.

Actually based on Noonan's actions most fair minded opinion would view what Noonan looks like on the inside is this!

venusian

Michael Noonan is showing great bravery by standing up for what he believes is right.

The right thing to do is to give recognition to this order of nuns who given such marvellous assistance to the poor and destitute of Ireland over many many decades.
If what you are saying were true does that justify the horror of what they inflicted on the defenceless? I don't think so.

im axeled

They make their money from chronic illnesses.
yes, they never cure you, there is not much dosh in that, but if you start taking meds when your fifty, you will still be on them until you cannot swallow no more, as an old buddy says, we would be dead only for the pills, i reply thankfully we are able to swallow them,
on a lighter note a local who was fond of a drop had to start taking medication, he was slumped on the chair one day when the wan next door arrive to give a lesson on how to work a new dishwasher, the neighbout showen how to place the ware, she then asked the woman of the house, have you got the tablets for the dishwasher, yer man half drunk half asleep came out with this, im on tablets, mam is on tablets, the two young wans are on the tablet, now the f,n diswasher needs tablets as well

venusian

100% Tooler.

How would the public health system survive without the scandalous premiums we need to pay for private healthcare.

If only we all could stop paying the premiums at the same time their eyes would be opened.
On the contrary it is the other way around, the reason there is a two tier health system is purely to screw the public purse!

A former Minister for Health Brendan Howlin has acknowledged this stark reality:
“Here is my favourite-ever quote from a politician. It’s from Brendan Howlin, the current Minister for Thrashing the Social Infrastructure. No, it’s not the quote from 2011, just before the election, when he asked for our votes and told us: “We are against water charges.”No, it’s from an interview Brendan gave about a decade after he was Minister for Health. Being a thoughtful man, he had spent some time reflecting on his experience in coalition. He wondered why he and others had failed to deliver “a first-class public health system”.He had since realised, he told author Maev-Ann Wren:”If we did that, there would be no reason for sustaining a private system.”And the right-wing want a thriving private health market. They want, according to Brendan, around 30pc of people to pay for private health products.
However, he said: “In order for that to happen, they really required the public [health] system to be inferior. Why else, if it was first-rate, would people pay for a private system?” That’s the sound of a penny dropping.”

Fiddling while the homeless get colder - Independent.ie

im axeled

If Michael Noonan ever needs transgender realignment, he could do an awful lot worse than come back looking like this. After all he'll only look different on the outside.

he will be in a picture along side cromwell, with the populance undecided on who was the worst

jpc

If the TDs , Journos , Senators , Semi State execs and various Business luminaries and their families had to actually slum it in the public health system rather than spouting platitudes while having no direct experience of just how bad it is , just gazing at it from their 4 star beds in the Beacon , it would be unrecognisable within weeks.
Interesting to note in a show of hands.
How many of the Dail are without private health insurance.

Bea C

yes, they never cure you, there is not much dosh in that, but if you start taking meds when your fifty, you will still be on them until you cannot swallow no more, as an old buddy says, we would be dead only for the pills, i reply thankfully we are able to swallow them,
on a lighter note a local who was fond of a drop had to start taking medication, he was slumped on the chair one day when the wan next door arrive to give a lesson on how to work a new dishwasher, the neighbout showen how to place the ware, she then asked the woman of the house, have you got the tablets for the dishwasher, yer man half drunk half asleep came out with this, im on tablets, mam is on tablets, the two young wans are on the tablet, now the f,n diswasher needs tablets as well
But as someone who is dependent on tablets, I don't give a sh1t what the pharmaceutical companies did back whenever.
Well, that's a bit blunt, I might be outraged, but it's not going to stop me taking them.
That's the point that I'm trying to make.

D

Deleted member 45466

But as someone who is dependent on tablets, I don't give a sh1t what the pharmaceutical companies did back whenever.
Well, that's a bit blunt, I might be outraged, but it's not going to stop me taking them.
That's the point that I'm trying to make.
Do they make your bum look big?

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Obviously, to you it's not so hence you use it. What emphasis does it add to the statement? It's on par with "I'm not a fan of ... but ...!
I agree that it's a stupid expression, but it's also dangerous.

Some people will use it when they have sympathy for the organisation involved, on the basis that while the organisation did do something extremely bad, the good things that the organisation did/does should be taken into account in coming to an overall opinion about it. Those people often have the agenda of pushing for the organisation to still be seen in a good light.

venusian

Lovey people the Bon Secours...NOT!!!! The "good" sister should have been a Fine Gael politician, it would have suited her down to ground.....

https://www.thesun.ie/news/675811/b...er-tuam-mother-and-baby-home-­burial-records/
A SENIOR Bon Secours nun has been “lying through her teeth” over Tuam mother-and-baby home burial records she claimed to be “unaware of”, the High Court heard yesterday.

Sister Marie Ryan said the order couldn’t help with a case taken by Peter Mulryan, 73, who is trying to learn the fate of the infant sister he never knew after she went into the scandal-ridden Co Galway facility.

In a letter to “extremely ill” Mr Mulryan, dated February 15, 2017, the nun insisted she didn’t know whether records were destroyed or not, because the order was “unaware of their existence”.

But Mr Mulryan’s solicitor Kevin Higgins said yesterday: “Sister Marie Ryan is lying through her teeth. Tusla has sat on these records and they won’t deny that.

“My client simply wants to look at the records and see what happened to the little girl. Did she die? Was she trafficked? Did she end up in the cesspit?”

The February 15 letter from Sister Ryan, read out to court yesterday, said: “We are unable to assist any further.
“We can’t confirm the location of any records or if they were destroyed because we are unaware of their existence.”

But the court heard Sr Ryan previously wrote in 2013 to Anna Corrigan, whose brother died in the home, acknowledging the mass grave.

That letter — written before the scandal first appeared in the media — said: “I note that John Desmond unfortunately died on June 11, 1947, and the death certificate seems to indicate that the place of death was at the home. “As I understand it, there would therefore be a very good possibility that his remains were buried at the small cemetery at the home.”

venusian

Micks a villainous cretin beloved of bondholders and vulture funds.
I wonder have Revenue at the behest of Fine Gael given Bon Secours any Apple style/Vulture fund/Charitable status tax dodging sweetheart deals?

eoghanacht

I wonder have Revenue at the behest of Fine Gael given Bon Secours any Apple style/Vulture fund/Charitable status tax dodging sweetheart deals?
Yep, the pay no tax. Charitable status.

Gangsters, always were always will be, a pox on them.

venusian

Yep, the pay no tax. Charitable status.

Gangsters, always were always will be, a pox on them.
I would not be surprised if they had "historical" tax avoidance charitable status that at the very least should now be rescinded!
The children that were trafficked and or kept in Bon Secours Tuam, well the nuns had more or less a herd payment for the infants. It's about time it was refunded with interest to the survivors.

Man or Mouse

HYENA

Look out for smoke and mirrors, just like Anglo, the records are gone and the money made on misery safely reinvested. The lawyers will leech profit for every victim questioned. The snouts are gathering in the cemeteries.

hiding behind a poster

Quite the circle-jerk, this thread.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies