Incredible News ABBA Are Back!

General Urko

I'm surprised nobody else posted this, The Swedish Superstars, ABBA are back, recording their first new music since the 80s!

The quartet apparently felt like time had stood still and the atmosphere in the recording studio was 'magic' according to a spokesperson.

The band have resisted pressure to reform since they stopped recording together in 1982, despite a reported $1bn offer to tour in 2000. Imagine the likes of Boner and the Buckos rejecting that!

A number of years ago - https://www.gigwise.com/news/90057/ABBA-turn-down-1billion-to-embark-on-final-reunion-tour

Today - Abba announce first new music since 1982 - BBC News

[video=youtube;fewl1C2IhmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fewl1C2IhmY[/video]

What's your favourite Abba Song? Mine is 'Waterloo'. the one that started it all! Mind you 'The Winner Takes It All' is absolutely superb also!

Thank you for the music!

General Urko

Surely along with the lads foraging for seafood for Keane's of Connemarra, I'm not the last of the hunter gatherers?:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 45466

The Zoo's close enough to this forum. A slight kick and we're done.

General Urko

The Zoo's close enough to this forum. A slight kick and we're done.
Ah, this is the entertainment section, sunshine, and it is extremely worthy entertainment news!:p

mac tíre

Ah, this is the entertainment section, sunshine, and it is extremely worthy entertainment news!:p
Nah, it's not really.

Grew up listening to Abba in the background. But they rejected a chance to come together from '82-2001 (19 years). Turned down $1bn 17 years ago - and now we are 36 years after the initial call.

We know you never do, but music has moved on. Though, I must admit, Sweden still has some great musicians.

General Urko

Nah, it's not really.

Grew up listening to Abba in the background. But they rejected a chance to come together from '82-2001 (19 years). Turned down $1bn 17 years ago - and now we are 36 years after the initial call.

We know you never do, but music has moved on. Though, I must admit, Sweden still has some great musicians.
Like who else?

mac tíre

Like who else?
It has quite a few Heavy Metal bands that sell out just as well as Abba did or will. Not records, of course because Abba have been going so much longer - but then, that would be a very odd way of looking at the music business these days.

Sweden has a great reputation for music. ABBA are merely only one part of it. These records will become available to you apes when you get to take over the world. :p

Northsideman

They never went away you know.

Dame_Enda

ABBA have always been one of my favourite bands. As for my favourite song of theirs there are so many to choose from and I tend to change my mind on the favourite. But at present I find myself whistling "One of Us" a good bit.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Well at least they never pretended to be worthy and were always plainly a pop band, irredeemably middle of the road and they were very good at what they did.

I might have actively disliked them if Stock, Aitken, Waterman hadn't come along followed sharply by the boy band phenomenon.

Which I suppose is the same as saying dynamite ain't so bad when you consider nuclear warheads.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
They gave the Beatles a run for their money in terms of producing perfect short pop songs and probably did better in a way for never deciding that they were politically and socially relevant above and beyond the production of short, sharp and melodic songs.

Weird thing about the Beatles up to 1968-ish... if you look at the track listings on Spotify you will see straight away that their parade of hit songs for five years were all unusually short and usually under 3 minutes in length.

Then Sergeant Pepper, fur coats and being worthy.

Boy M5

First Aid Kit, couple of sisters who are superbly listenable. There's more than a hint of Abba style harmonising going on in their songs as well.
I saw them on Glastonbury?

Rodney Polo

fed up of these aged bands and singers making come backs and "farewell tours" just for a bit of easy dosh ....please don't support this sort of stuff in any shape or form.

Thank you .

Catalpast

I'm surprised nobody else posted this, The Swedish Superstars, ABBA are back, recording their first new music since the 80s!

The quartet apparently felt like time had stood still and the atmosphere in the recording studio was 'magic' according to a spokesperson.

The band have resisted pressure to reform since they stopped recording together in 1982, despite a reported $1bn offer to tour in 2000. Imagine the likes of Boner and the Buckos rejecting that!

A number of years ago - https://www.gigwise.com/news/90057/ABBA-turn-down-1billion-to-embark-on-final-reunion-tour

Today - Abba announce first new music since 1982 - BBC News

[video=youtube;fewl1C2IhmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fewl1C2IhmY[/video]

What's your favourite Abba Song? Mine is 'Waterloo'. the one that started it all! Mind you 'The Winner Takes It All' is absolutely superb also!

Thank you for the music!
Er - this is a Pee Take right?:shock:

ABBA was NEVER taken seriously by Music Heads

Dance Music for teenage girls back in the day

- and now the province of Grannies & Gays....

As I no longer know any teenage girls someone else will have to answer that 1....:|

redhead

[video=youtube_share;u9WgtlgGAgs]http://youtu.be/u9WgtlgGAgs[/video]

Popular Threads

Most Replies