IND Cllr who's the brother of the front-runner for FF candidacy in DSW rejoins party

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
The brother of Senator Brian O Domhaill resigned from Fianna Fail last year after failing to get a party nomination to contest the local elections in the Glenties ward of Donegal County Council.

Seamus O Domhnaill contested the elections as an independent and topped the poll. His brother Brian was previously a Fianna Fail Councillor in that ward before being nominated to the Seanad by Bertie Ahern.

Highland Radio reported this morning that the now-Fianna Fail Councillor said the timing of his rejoining Fianna Fail was a coincidence. He rejoined the party yesterday - the same day as the Donegal South West by-election date was announced.

Senator Brian O Domhaill is considered the leading candidate (that wants the job) to secure the party's nomination on Sunday in Glenties. I'm sure he'll appreciate one more vote in his favour. Nominations are open until tomorrow to go forward for selection on Sunday.

Highland Radio » Timing of Councillor O’Domhnaill joining Fianna Fail a ‘coincidence’

Asparagus

I wonder who would get the senators seat if the senator wins a dail seat....

Wouldn't it be lovely if they could keep it in the family.....

davehiggz

opportunist |ˌäpərˈt(y)oōnist| - noun - a person who exploits circumstances to gain immediate advantage rather than being guided by consistent principles or plans.

Fianna Fáil - the party of economic recovery.......

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Tea party witchy person Christine O'Donnell once talked about she heard that human brains are being implanted into mice.

Here we seem to have the world's first rat which has been genetically reengineered to jump back onto sinking ships.

P.

charley

He was outside the church in Gortahork with the FF begging bucket at their annual church gate collection.

Aridion

Was that this year?
I don't think he would be going for the empty senate seat though. There are a few other likely lads waiting in the wings for that.

culmore

just another vote for his brother on sunday, but remember Sweary Mary and N Dempsey say that HQ will pick the candidate

Gillespie

So Séamus Ó Domhnaill jumps ship cos he didn't get his way in FF and then he jumps back on that hated ship to help his brother out.

I smell a political prozzy.

Aridion

As The Editor of the Tirconail Tribune said. - "Seamus didn't leave Fianna Fail,
Fianna Fail left Seamus"
I was very surprized that he topped the Council elections. Makes me wonder if the Fianna Fail Big wigs know anything about choosing candidates or was it just a ploy to keep down promising young blood?
I think it is also a matter that "The o Domhnaills don't need Fianna Fail,
Fianna Fail need the o Domhnaills".

Tea party witchy person Christine O'Donnell once talked about she heard that human brains are being implanted into mice.

Here we seem to have the world's first rat which has been genetically reengineered to jump back onto sinking ships.

P.
Really so need to start looking at all those joining Labour don't you.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies