• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Independent.ie has itself a new facelift

GDPR

I wouldnt allow them to draw hope from my click or use it in statistics to make themselves look important so I won't click :D

Ribeye

I hope they're not banking on that sh1te to save them,

Lol:)

Sync

I'm bored.

Me too.

What'll we do?

Dunno.

Ooooh let's revamp our site!

Are there problems with our site?

Do you want something to do or not?

.........fine. How do we do it?

You know how everyone in the world goes to the Daily Mail's site? Well let's rip that off but produce an inferior version.

Done!

Astral Peaks

Quadrangle

Just looks different rather than better as far as I'm concerned. I think they would do better giving their content a facelift. I do wonder how much they were charged for it though. Giving websites facelifts seems to be a great racket to get into.

gatsbygirl20

I thought the original Indo site was very clear, well laid out and easy to navigate....But I guess the "if it's not broken don't fix it" principle is not always applied in certain businesses, because you have to be always seen to be "innovative" and "driving change"......

EmmettTCorcoran

Standard, but a bit cleaner looking me thinks! Like anything, a face-lift is just that, true change can only be found in content.

Verhofstadt

Website
I'm bored.

Me too.

What'll we do?

Dunno.

Ooooh let's revamp our site!

Are there problems with our site?

Do you want something to do or not?

.........fine. How do we do it?

You know how everyone in the world goes to the Daily Mail's site? Well let's rip that off but produce an inferior version.

Done!
Even got it's own "Sidebar of Shame"

Cheap off the self refresh.

H.R. Haldeman

Meh. They've gone from looking like an actual newspaper to looking like a generic news aggregator. A la mode, but perhaps a mistake in conception.

borntorum

It's better than the previous one, which was a mess. At first glance it's now more attractive than the rather plodding Irish Times site

forest

its not fecking working
I wanted to read the thing on FG looking at a date for an election (I am sure its nonsense anyway ) and when I do a search on their site I get 501 error and when I search and click through via Google I get a 404 error

Verhofstadt

Website