• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Independent reveals the secret face of Carers

Asparagus

Irish carer left $8m by New York heiress settles row - National News - Independent.ie

AN IRISH woman left $8m (€6.5m) by a New York heiress has settled a bitter legal dispute with the family of the dead woman.

But neither side in the row that rivetted New York high society can reveal details as both are bound by a confidentiality agreement.

Elsie McCarthy (68), originally from Co Cork, was left the cash by heiress Robin Archer Moles, who died in 2009.

Surviving members of Ms Moles's family claimed the will was signed under duress and that the 70-year-old alcoholic was not of sound mind.
Nothing to see here, you'd think. Given that the story is 2 years old and the last significant update was a year ago.
But Carers are in the news and have been bloodying the gubberments nose so the independent maybe wants to muddy the waters somewhat.

I mean are all carers in it for the will?

Money grabbing carers.

Didimus

Irish carer left $8m by New York heiress settles row - National News - Independent.ie

Nothing to see here, you'd think. Given that the story is 2 years old and the last significant update was a year ago.
But Carers are in the news and have been bloodying the gubberments nose so the independent maybe wants to muddy the waters somewhat.

I mean are all carers in it for the will?

Money grabbing carers.
The story is also in the Examiner and the news update is that the case has been settled and will not go for another trial.
The story is about a professional carer who worked in the USA.
You may have gotten out of bed too quickly.

Hewson

We need to slap a wealth tax on carers straight away . . .

Asparagus

The story is also in the Examiner and the news update is that the case has been settled and will not go for another trial.
The story is about a professional carer who worked in the USA.
You may have gotten out of bed too quickly.
The story is about an Irish carer. I can't find mention in the NyTimes despite it being the talk of NY society.

Oh and there has never been a mention of the case until today in the Independent. I searched the archive - so the high profile case, the award and the appeal never warranted any attention but an out of court settlement does. That wouldn't be typical of the indo.

Maybe i am out of bed too fast but there doesn't seem to be much irish interest in this story apart from her being born in cork.

Hewson

The story is about an Irish carer. I can't find mention in the NyTimes despite it being the talk of NY society.

Oh and there has never been a mention of the case until today in the Independent. I searched the archive - so the high profile case, the award and the appeal never warranted any attention but an out of court settlement does. That wouldn't be typical of the indo.

Maybe i am out of bed too fast but there doesn't seem to be much irish interest in this story apart from her being born in cork.
Your thread title is too tabloid. It's one carer, one legacy, one story.

About as much to do with the carers currently in the news here as the price of offal in Hanoi.

Didimus

Its in the Examiner too, and the Irish Sun - same story, same byline.

Popular Threads

Most Replies