• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Independents4change

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
'Independents 4 Change' Party has been paid €241,659.22 in Parliamentary Activities Allowance since Feb 2016 chances are Tommy Broughan isnt' making use of it I forgot that each TD also gets a Public representation allowance of up to 20k that he does use most of and a 9k travel allowance that he does use Salaries & Allowances, Houses of the Oireachtas although its meant to support TDS constituency work not their parliamentary work.
http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/members/statementdep2015.pdf

Why would Tommy Broughan sign up to party to only then 'leave it' and block himself from a source of funding for his parliamentary work?

Last edited:

lostexpectation

Website
Tommy Broughan is probably used to not seeing much from the Party Leaders allowance when he was in Labour and seeing none of it when he left and went Independent in the last Dail.

Mick Wallace said he would take and use the Leaders Allowance/Parliamentary Activities Allowance Mick Wallace: I’m keeping my leaders Allowance although it turned out he spent a small but significant sum holding meetings at his own restaurant and paying his son for research Wallace claimed €5780 taxpayer-funded expenses for payments to his restaurant chain

What Is I4C the not-a-party party doing with 270k its received? its a huge sum, they could be using it for staff and research but it would be diffcult for them to spend that much, they are allowed to carry it over to next year so they could be hoping their party expands.

Last edited:

Hitchcock

Tommy Broughan is probably used to not seeing much from the Party Leaders allowance when he was in Labour and seeing none of it when he left and went Independent in the last Dail, Mick Wallace said he would take and use the Leaders Allowance/Parliamentary Activities Allowance Mick Wallace: I’m keeping my although it turned out he spent a significant sum holding meetings at his own restaurant and paying his son for research Wallace claimed

What Is I4C the not-a-party party doing with 270k its received? its a huge sum, they could be using it for staff and research but it would be diffcult for them to spend that much, they are allowed to carry it over to next year so they could be hoping their party expands.
I assume they are doing the same thing that other 'not-a-party' (your words) AAA/PBPA, IA etc are doing with their PLA and the same thing that parties such as FG/FF are doing with it. The use of PLA is quite restrictive.

PLA is accounted for and account sent to SIPO, I've heard no issues from SIPO for I4C so what's your issue, am I missing something?

lostexpectation

Website
I assume they are doing the same thing that other 'not-a-party' (your words) AAA/PBPA, IA etc are doing with their PLA and the same thing that parties such as FG/FF are doing with it. The use of PLA is quite restrictive.

PLA is accounted for and account sent to SIPO, I've heard no issues from SIPO for I4C so what's your issue, am I missing something?
Because Tommy Broughan and many others keep telling me that I4C is not a real party, but they may well be using the benefits of being a party and Im impatient to find out how they are using the party PAA, which might show the the degree to which they are a party, the SIPO returns for 2016 probably won't be out for another 5 months :/

ETA ultimately my problem is a TD should name the party they are a member of and not tell the media they are not in the party which he's doing since he decided to run for I4c in the election.

(IA don't get the the higher party amount of the parliamenatary activites allowance, they individually get the lesser amount, although they were promised the law would be changed to allow such groups to get the party amount in the programme for government.)

Last edited:

Hitchcock

Because Tommy Broughan and many others keep telling me that I4C is not a real party, but they may well be using the benefits of being a party and Im impatient to find out how they are using it, which might show the the degree to which they are a party, the SIPO returns for 2016 probablay won't be out for another 5 months :/

(IA don't get the the higher party amount of the parliamenatary activites allowance, although they were promised the law would be changed to allow such groups to get it in the programme for government.)
It's not a party in the sense that the LP are but like AAA-PBPA and IA they've registered as a 'party' for Dail technical reasons.

lostexpectation

Website
Water charges protester Brendan Ogle seeks to make a splash in Dail Times says Ogle may run in Fingal at the next election, notes the I4C got 4 councillors (out of 16 candidates) elected Elections 2019 – All is by no means lost for a broad left front
Ogle is trying to revive his right2change alliance (without mentioning I4C) Vote4Change this Friday!
apparently the I4C candidates are member of the Tom Stokes "community branch" of Unite

are Irish Unite workers enthusiastically behind this plan?

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies