• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

India gang-rape victim dies.

davidcameron

BBC News - Delhi gang-rape victim dies in hospital in Singapore

I'm aware that at least one person, the bus driver, has been arrested. The crime led to riots in which a policeman and a journalist were killed.

I hope that justice will be done.

India has a lot to answer for with regard to the rights of females, i.e. "honour" killings, sex-selective abortion (it's illegal but the law isn't enforced), "eve teasing".

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "India and it treatment of women". </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

punchdrunk

BBC News - Delhi gang-rape victim dies in hospital in Singapore

I'm aware that at least one person, the bus driver, has been arrested. The crime led to riots in which a policeman and a journalist were killed.

I hope that justice will be done.

India has a lot to answer for with regard to the rights of females, i.e. "honour" killings, sex-selective abortion (it's illegal but the law isn't enforced), "eve teasing".
The Irish government should protest to India.

Davidoff

Very sad story.

There was a young woman (Iranian?) on The Frontline before Christmas who got some grief from Eamon Dunphy when she suggested that Irish people should be more grateful for their civil rights.

I think she was right. We are luckier than we know.

Seanie Lemass

Indian Ambassador has some balls in fairness. Any self respecting government would have given him a kick up the arse.

kimari

Twitter
dont like it
cant link its on sky website 17 year old indian girl who was allegedly gang raped and forced to drop case by police and suggested she marry one of her attackers commits suicide

captainwillard

Thank goodness for another thread where we can express moral outrage. Where would we be without them?

The Owl

Look, this is an awful story but we all know why it's been posted here so let's cut to the chase.

Yes, Savita came from India. Yes, India has an appalling human rights record especially where women are concerned and yes, the news of the alleged manner of Savita's death was so huge that had the Indian Government not protested to the Irish Government it would have been deemed very strange to the rest of the diplomatic world.

Seanie Lemass

There is more than a hint of irony in that post.

Well the irony is that the Ambassador of a corrupt pit of a place had the balls to make an official complaint to the government of this state over a medical accident.

Perhaps the day when his gang stop this sort of stuff and thousands of infant girls being murdered every year we might actaully think that he has a moral platform on which to stand.

davidcameron

Look, this is an awful story but we all know why it's been posted here so let's cut to the chase.

Yes, Savita came from India. Yes, India has an appalling human rights record especially where women are concerned and yes, the news of the alleged manner of Savita's death was so huge that had the Indian Government not protested to the Irish Government it would have been deemed very strange to the rest of the diplomatic world.
My OP is nothing to do with Savita's death. I started the OP because the crime on which I started this thread has been reported on throughout the world.

Seanie Lemass

That is total bollix Mrs. Owl. No offence intended.

ottovonbismarck

Would the rapists have been aware of the events in Galway?

Regards...dirty bastards

davidcameron

Maybe you are pure of motive. Not that it matters anyway. Good intentions are just not good enough.
Anyone who has at least a basic knowledge of Indian society has known all along about the contempt with which females are treated there.