Indo closes down its comments facility.

Mushroom

Just spotted the following announcement on the Irish Indo website:

Independent.ie Comments Facility

INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.

We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie"
I'm not really all that surprised, as some of the comments below Indo articles made this place seem like an oasis of courtesy, reason and balanced discussion!

But I can't help wondering what particular article, solicitor's letter or complaint from an injured party led to the Indo deciding to terminate the service.

firefly123

Someone must have commented on denis . For a "billionaire " he's got a fierce thin skin!

OrderoftheDragon

The ordinary people were getting their voice across in the comments sections, unlike the bought and sold "churnalists".

Had to be stopped......just another nail in the agenda laden media's coffin......carry on folks your days are numbered.

ger12

Just spotted the following announcement on the Irish Indo website:

I'm not really all that surprised, as some of the comments below Indo articles made this place seem like an oasis of courtesy, reason and balanced discussion!

But I can't help wondering what particular article, solicitor's letter or complaint from an injured party led to the Indo deciding to terminate the service.
You jest surely ...

ShoutingIsLeadership

Ah, well; I guess I'll have to use this site to call Paul Williams a horrible cúnt

Angler

Presumably , some 'fugees will rock up here and swell the ranks .

ger12

ger12

ShoutingIsLeadership

That's mean. He's just not very bright.

What's mean? I didn't call him anything. Read the record of the Charlton Tribunal, and come back to me to tell me if you might use the site to refer to him as such.

eoghanacht

Maybe it was Regina's "thought" Police?

FOURGREENFIELDS

Shame, was the only thing worth reading in that rag. Twas extremely enjoyable to view the masses challenging and ridiculing the horse manure that passed for journalism and editorial comment there.

New Threads

Most Replies