• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Indo Down Today

Aindriu

Just attempted to log on to the Indo site and got the following error message:

[h=1]Error 404 File Not Found[/h]File Not Found
[h=3]Guru Meditation:[/h]XID: 3831867053
[HR][/HR]Varnish cache server
Oops petunia

cricket

I was on it a few minutes ago. Gone to the dogs since revamp, though.

Aindriu

I was on it a few minutes ago. Gone to the dogs since revamp, though.
Back again now. Probably a glitch at their provider. I was thinking it may have been down longer which would have denied some on here their daily fun.

I agree about the revamp. All their range look terrible now.

neiphin

liquidated ?

neiphin

or did it collapse under the weight of its own shíté ?

Aindriu

Jaysus lads.....Technical glitches happen.
Indeed, but very rarely on such 'high level' journalistic sites. Note the quotes BTW petunia

Analyzer

Seems like the Indo has already improved the quality of it's content......

Analyzer

DownTheyGo

Wouldn't be perusing the Indo much at all but goodness, has anyone logged onto the IT home page today? Presented with strong echoes of "Get me out of here"

deepness

Wouldn't be perusing the Indo much at all but goodness, has anyone logged onto the IT home page today? Presented with strong echoes of "Get me out of here"
New IT website is just shocking. Given up on it myself. The content of the paper is gone way downhill in the last while anyway so the website is obviously just catching up..

dresden8

Wonder has it anything to do with The Herald being made a morning newsaper and it loses it's Evening Herald logo. Why have two from the same stable??
For the image of impartiality.

The average drone still believes the media is neutral and not controlled by the vested interests.

DownTheyGo

New IT website is just shocking. Given up on it myself. The content of the paper is gone way downhill in the last while anyway so the website is obviously just catching up..
Its utterly disastrous in my view but someone obviously thinks it's jolly good stuff... :)

onlyasking

I've been stunned at the typographical and presentational dogs-dinner that is the IT. It is really a head-scratcher. Just how in heaven's name did anyone think that it was a good model.

Then, I reflected on the collapse of the IT in journalistic terms over recent years, and its scurry to the right under Geraldine Kennedy. Stephen Collins leading the charge on behalf of the business community, ably supported by Dan O'Brien. The new editor, Kevin O'Sullivan, covereing himself in glory by congratulating FF on their maturity over the Fiscal Treaty referendum, a nice welcome-back-into-the-fold for those who had brought catastrophe onto the country.

Centre-right and right-wing economic policies lay at the heart of the collapse of banking, having already driven the most lunatic property feeding frenzy we have known. The above named 'journalists' now see salvation in the form of even stronger doses of centre-right and right-wing economic medicine.

Given the prominent role of such individuals, it's simply no wonder the Irish Times is a complete mess.

onlyasking

For the image of impartiality.

The average drone still believes the media is neutral and not controlled by the vested interests.
Also, to provide double doses of "impartial reporting". Hit them with the hate-fest in the morning, and just when the message is wearing off, hit them again later.

It certainly seems to have been a successful model - just look at the state of the country. It's in tatters, but the likes of those who own/have owned the Indo/Sindo/Herald are doing rather well, thank you very much.

ger12

I agree. Checking it less and less. Not user friendly.