Indo journalist Gemma O'Doherty sacked after disclosing Garda Commissioner had speeding points in his licence deducted

Buchaill Dana

Wtf...

Thankfully I am mullered watching that.

So what is the context? Is that croke Park?
Yes. Muslims praying and O'Gorman invited.

Walk up to a guard and call them a pedo protector. Let us know how you get on. It is entirely unacceptable that the state are tolerating this behaviour

Gin Soaked

Yes. Muslims praying and O'Gorman invited.

Walk up to a guard and call them a pedo protector. Let us know how you get on. It is entirely unacceptable that the state are tolerating this behaviour
Agreed...

Not sure she is mental. Maybe a total narcissist. But we used to call that sort Ar$eholes. Which is more useful.

Assigning a mental illness to pr1cks softens our resolve to banish these sorts.

An intervention via the courts on incitement to hatred and general slander of gardai and a nice long stretch might make her middle class core shudder. Make her long for her quiet life that is there for her if she just stops being an awful dose.

RelentlessApathy!

Agreed...

Not sure she is mental. Maybe a total narcissist. But we used to call that sort Ar$eholes. Which is more useful.

An intervention via the courts on incitement to hatred and general slander of gardai and a nice long stretch might make her middle class core shudder. Make her long for her quiet life that is there for her if she just stops being an awful dose.
Sadly as seems to be confirmed by others she took a slide after the sudden death of her partner. Unfortunately mental health decline can also coincide with personality disorder and becoming an asshole as you say. Add that there is grift involved and money coming from other extremists internationally and it's an unusual example of how a nexus can form around these issues in turn exacerbated by the nature of the modern internet. Maybe not jail, but I suspect those who knew her before would appreciate an intervention from the state.

Buchaill Dana

Agreed...

I can only assume the state don't want to martyer her and have a circus at her trial. Which is cowardice.

I'm not sure the marbles are all there. There are clearly good weeks and bad. This was a baaaaddddd week. The word bipolar does come to mind. Jusr because she is a snake oil seller doesn't meen she can't be in the middle of an episode, which people who know her maintain she is.

Buchaill Dana

Sadly as seems to be confirmed by others she took a slide after the sudden death of her partner. Unfortunately mental health decline can also coincide with personality disorder and becoming an asshole as you say. Add that there is grift involved and money coming from other extremists internationally and it's an unusual example of how a nexus can form around these issues in turn exacerbated by the nature of the modern internet. Maybe not jail, but I suspect those who knew her before would appreciate an intervention from the state.
I suspect her losing her Twitter and imminently losing the ACI one will make her more irrelevant. Her band is dwindling, the rest of the far right have told her to do one and she can't monetise it as easily. The mark is too easily distracted to go searching for her on alternative social media platforms. Her Canadian retweeters will lose interest if thete is nothing to tweet and find a new mascot.

However I also suspect she will become more and more extreme as she exits stage right. She is surrounded by nutters, addicts and criminals. I fear an escalation for attention. And then the obvious question is why she wasn't dealt with earlier.

Sync

I think you do get stuck if you’re on the far right and far left if you don’t manage to parlay your lunacy into a media gig. If you pick up a Fox or RT gig then you can just repeat your screed ad nauseam.

But if you don’t get picked up, you’ve got to move further left or further right to try and get attention. But then you get the wrong attention and breach multiple rules of the platforms you rely on for attention.

Nd9GcRhJp4oaCViCoRoE3y21_2krXKYpAZV7Rjs_Q&usqp=CAU.jpg

Gemma’s a perfect example of this. Regardless of whether you agree with her or not: there’s been a material shift in the tone and targeted nature of a lot of her comments this year.

And it may not be as calculated as I’ve implied above, I’m sure the multitude of defeats on abortion and gay marriage and the presidency and general elections and Supreme Court would force a true believer towards a more hysterical approach.

Bit obviously Twitter’s role is not to allow damage to those being targeted by her hysteria.

LISTOWEL MAN

here is the NSFW reason Gemma was banned on twitter ..

"i dont care who i offend but i will not stop telling the truth about the country that i love. The ireland i love is vanishing day by day.
A nursing home in dublin a 74 year old woman was raped by an illegal migrant. Oh look at them, the migrants aren't they great, we're so politically correct we need diversity.
That kind of diversity will result in the rape of your mothers in nursing homes and the rape of your daughters who will turn into psychopaths as a result of being raped, they won't be there for you when you need them in your old age.. you will then be dumped into a nursing home and you will be raped by an illegal migrant.
i want to save you from this and you can hate me if you want .. i don't mind"

Rural

here is the NSFW reason Gemma was banned on twitter ..

"i dont care who i offend but i will not stop telling the truth about the country that i love. The ireland i love is vanishing day by day.
A nursing home in dublin a 74 year old woman was raped by an illegal migrant. Oh look at them, the migrants aren't they great, we're so politically correct we need diversity.
That kind of diversity will result in the rape of your mothers in nursing homes and the rape of your daughters who will turn into psychopaths as a result of being raped, they won't be there for you when you need them in your old age.. you will then be dumped into a nursing home and you will be raped by an illegal migrant.
i want to save you from this and you can hate me if you want .. i don't mind"

Twitter doesn't tolerate hysterical, unsubstantiated crap obviously. No self-respecting site should.

Sync

To be fair that's barely top 5 of the worst stuff she's said this week. Her response to this is has been to scream abuse at police and individuals on the street. I'm guessing she's going to get arrested soon.

It would be great if she and her family used this as an opportunity to step back and get some help from a professional. She's clearly been on a downward spiral since her husband's death, which must have been incredibly traumatic for her, and this break from social media could end up being the best thing for her.

Last edited:

Gin Soaked

I can only assume the state don't want to martyer her and have a circus at her trial. Which is cowardice.

I'm not sure the marbles are all there. There are clearly good weeks and bad. This was a baaaaddddd week. The word bipolar does come to mind. Jusr because she is a snake oil seller doesn't meen she can't be in the middle of an episode, which people who know her maintain she is.
On one level, the mental health issue is sad, but on many other levels, she is creating fear and emboldening hate.

I have to deal with a few people with personality disorders. One is under-diagnosed, one is on a pedestal due to motherhood and past hardships.

But both are destructive and utterly toxic and pandered to. Mercifully both are too thick and lazy to spread destruction outside of their families, but both could benefit from an intervention. I call out the asshole factor repeatedly but I have limited impact.

Gemma has thug followers who put her on a pedestal. She could benefit from the focus time in a cell would provide.

Gin Soaked

To be fair that's barely top 5 of the worst stuff she's said this week. Her response to this is has been to scream abuse at police and individuals on the street. I'm guessing she's going to get arrested soon.

It would be great if she and her family used this as an opportunity to step back and get some help from a professional. She's clearly been on a downward spiral since her husband's death, which must have been incredibly traumatic for her, and this break from social media could end up being the best thing for her.
It won't do it. She needs the threat of a criminal conviction to generate a "come to Jesus" moment.

The narcissism is too strong. And that coupled to her grift and doubling down on hate clearly points to a shock strategy rather than her having a breakdown.

I'm convinced she is more asshole than ill. But the illness needs intervention.

Buchaill Dana

I understand her family have walked as a result of shenanigans that ended up with her taking possession of the family home.

greencharade

So to sum up the Antifa position here - anyone disagreeing with their world views must be mentally ill, and treated.

At the same time, all discussion of the points being made are to be assiduously avoided.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom