• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Indymedia UK removes story from their site claiming Margaret Thatcher dead

SKELLY

nothing anywhere else.

if its true it will be on twitter quick enough.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Nothing on BBC or Sky about it. I think it's a load of rubbish.

nonpartyboy

Dead !Again ?, there 's a thread on this every week on another site.

Grumpy Jack

Anyone see the irony - and symmetry - in Bobby Sands reporting Maggie Thatcher is dead...?

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
the indymedia story was posted around 8.30pm. We'd have heard something on the mainstream news long before now if true.
the post claims to be by Mark Mardell and gives his e-mail address. I suspect that he doesn't put this on Indymedia.ie before posting in on the BBC website!

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
In fact it's the less-crazy Indymedia UK which is citing the BBC's Mark Mardell, but he's North America Editor. So not really sure if I buy this.........

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
One of my ideological economic heroines. She inherited a Britain that was the sick man of Europe, and turned it into the economic powerhouse of Europe. I also admire her backbone in dealings with Brussels - something our politicians sadly lack. She didn't take the Brussels' shilling.

Last edited:

Nipper

Is it not time to cue Elvis then?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BZIWSI5UQ&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Elvis Costello - Tramp The Dirt Down[/ame]

TommyO'Brien

Even if she has, it won't be announced for a while until family members have been noticed. If true, Indy shouldn't have run it. Her grandchildren should not find out by the media or websites that their grandmother has died - if she has. The media hold off on reporting stories to give family a chance to grieve and to break the news to close relatives. The length of time since the Indy report would suggest that the story is untrue. Normally a story is embargoed for an hour or two to allow family to tell relatives.

Cassandra Syndrome

Its popping like mad on Twitter, but nothing to substantiate it.