Influence Media Poll=Influence Election result

Socratus O' Pericles

It seems that attempts are being made on P.ie, other boards and so on to convey that FF are doing well in terms of potential support in the by-election next week.

Similarly it seem the Independent is going to produce a "favourable" poll rating for FF in the run up to the by-election.

It is clear to most people that Paddy Power and other hard-headed businesses do not give money away and have installed the SF candidate at an invincible 1/8 so the outcome seems reasonably clear.

In the past elections have been turned in the last few days of canvassing with a swing of sentiment to the underdog. Is this what is going on here or what is the science/psychology of boosting the beaten docket in the run up?

eirepol

Website
www.sinnfein.org
I think Paddy Power is set a lose a fortune is Doherty wins, hence their poll. He is much less likely to win than their odds indicate, I think.

Socratus O' Pericles

I think Paddy Power is set a lose a fortune is Doherty wins, hence their poll. He is much less likely to win than their odds indicate, I think.
A reasonable point.

So is the focus of coming on here and elswhere to boost the morale of the FF troops on the ground or to influence the voters.

Surely if FF was seen to be closing on SF that would spur the latter on to renewed efforts?

Pat Mc Larnon

Surely if FF was seen to be closing on SF that would spur the latter on to renewed efforts?

Doherty is now regarded as the only person to keep out FF. Any surge in FF, whether real or imagined would lead to the abandoning of FG and Labour and to a lesser extent the independents.
According to the local poll and RedC are a very creditable organisation, FF are in the mid teens. Events since that poll was taken will have driven FF down to single figures.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies