Inquiry into alleged MI5 link to murder of Real IRA man

Breadan O'Connor

The British government adviser on intelleigence and anti-terrorism is to investigate claims that MI5 was allegedly involved in the murder of a real IRA member in Derry this year.

Kieran Doherty was found beaten, naked, and shot dead near Derry in February.

His family members believe that members of MI5 infiltrated the real IRA gang and become involved in the abduction and murder. Inquiry into alleged MI5 link to Real IRA death - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 29, 2010

vinoboy

If in doubt blame MI5 ,easier than recognising that the victims former colleagues topped him.anything to regain his reputation.Maybe Gary Donnelly could comment on this matter , though easy for him to balme MI5 than his troops ..sorry for the family but clutching at straws.

Aristodemus

The British government adviser on intelleigence and anti-terrorism is to investigate claims that MI5 was allegedly involved in the murder of a real IRA member in Derry this year.

Kieran Doherty was found beaten, naked, and shot dead near Derry in February.

His family members believe that members of MI5 infiltrated the real IRA gang and become involved in the abduction and murder. Inquiry into alleged MI5 link to Real IRA death - The Irish Times - Fri, Oct 29, 2010
That's enough for me. Let's have a Public Enquiry.

PatsyDuffy LiamLynch

Kieran Doherty joined a Republican militant group who have, in the past, maimed and killed drug dealers for their actions against the community. Whilst a member of this group, he was secretly involved in the drug trade, and faced the consequences he knew were inevitable if caught. He jeopardized himself, his family and the IRA.

While it's natural the Doherty family would be angry, it's about time they realized that the only person who brought this hurt to their family was Kieran himself.

fluffykontbiscuits

Kieran Doherty joined a Republican militant group who have, in the past, maimed and killed drug dealers for their actions against the community. Whilst a member of this group, he was secretly involved in the drug trade, and faced the consequences he knew were inevitable if caught. He jeopardized himself, his family and the IRA.

While it's natural the Doherty family would be angry, it's about time they realized that the only person who brought this hurt to their family was Kieran himself.
Ah yes wasnt there a number of people on here who denied RA heads were involved in the drug trade? SS Care to eat humble pie honeybunch?

PatsyDuffy LiamLynch

Ah yes wasnt there a number of people on here who denied RA heads were involved in the drug trade? SS Care to eat humble pie honeybunch?
I've no doubts that every military in the world has members who are involved in some fashion with drugs, the consequences for doing it whilst a member of an Irish Republican group are more severe.

PatsyDuffy LiamLynch

No wassums is in dreamland....There have been two examples in the last 20 or so years of Republicans actually caught with drugs....One was arrested with a tiny bit of hash....The others who were growing it, well one commited suicide out of shame....And the other was excueted by for breaching Army discipline.

The rest is just waffle fed to the space cadet public....Sorry wassums...:(

edor

Can you post a link to your evidence of that spurious allegation?
That's a strange post when the spokes people for the Real IRA only advised a post or two earlier that their member was killed for drugs links.

Mickeymac

That's a strange post when the spokes people for the Real IRA only advised a post or two earlier that their member was killed for drugs links.

A very strange post indeed, fyi the media have been crying out for spokespersons from dissident groups for yonks to no avail can I add.

Spokespersons for these militant Republicans sir are unlikely to appear on public message boards....got it?

fluffykontbiscuits

A very strange post indeed, fyi the media have been crying out for spokespersons from dissident groups for yonks to no avail can I add.

Spokespersons for these militant Republicans sir are unlikely to appear on public message boards....got it?
Is that because they cant type but can fire RPG's? They cant read a news paper but can petrol bomb a school?

edor

Not me that said it:

The 32s have a constitution and policy documents which detail who we are and what we seek. Our recruitment and presence throughout the country is steadily on the rise. We do not need an internet poster with an identity crisis trying to make herself feel important, to point out our flaws.

fluffykontbiscuits

Edor I think a lot of them on here are armchair republicans...they would'nt have a bulls notion what a petrol bomb was if it were'nt for google

PatsyDuffy LiamLynch

Not me that said it:
I was referring to the 32CSM, I will make sure to simplify future comments and make them easier for you to digest.

Edor I think a lot of them on here are armchair republicans...they would'nt have a bulls notion what a petrol bomb was if it were'nt for google
Yes, Petrol bombs and Republicans are inextricably linked; how idiotic.

As for the media 'crying out' for 'dissident spokespersons': 32CSM have been very vocal about our aims and beliefs in the media; Irish Times, Sunday Tribune, various local newspapers & radio stations, BBC, Channel 4 etc. Given the level of media censorship (which undoubtedly you will choose to ignore) our PR has been great with thousands of monthly newsletters delivered alongside our very own Republican magazine. The 32CSM have accepted debates proposed by power junkies from across the board yet as suspected they failed to materialize; having only been for the sake of cheap publicity. We have posted documents to major political institutions which weren't acknowledged and we are open to challenge at all times.

fluffykontbiscuits

I was referring to the 32CSM, I will make sure to simplify future comments and make them easier for you to digest.

Yes, Petrol bombs and Republicans are inextricably linked; how idiotic.

As for the media 'crying out' for 'dissident spokespersons': 32CSM have been very vocal about our aims and beliefs in the media; Irish Times, Sunday Tribune, various local newspapers & radio stations, BBC, Channel 4 etc. Given the level of media censorship (which undoubtedly you will choose to ignore) our PR has been great with thousands of monthly newsletters delivered alongside our very own Republican magazine. The 32CSM have accepted debates proposed by power junkies from across the board yet as suspected they failed to materialize; having only been for the sake of cheap publicity. We have posted documents to major political institutions which weren't acknowledged and we are open to challenge at all times.

Meanwhile everyone else has been getting on with the business of working and figuring out how to get through the recession. I think you might find that political institutions only deal with serious players in the North of Ireland, maybe its more of what they think about your organisation than the content of the leaflets themselves? :D

gaiusc

Strange though that he told the Derry Journal that MI5 were harassing him before he was killed?

New Threads

Most Replies